Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369681 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

I think my purpose is to speculate with people working off the same data set as myself, for fun.

What do the white walkers want?  No one knows that.

I think they want to kill the Red Lady's Fire God. Whoever that may be.

Why?  Fire melts snow so they hate it?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
I think they are misunderstood and are just trying to look out for themselves. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

I think my purpose is to speculate with people working off the same data set as myself, for fun.

What do the white walkers want?  No one knows that.

I think they want to kill the Red Lady's Fire God. Whoever that may be.

Why?  Fire melts snow so they hate it?

Yeah. The series is called a Song of Ice and Fire, after all.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

I think probly something like this.

As a group, they are probably the best people anyhow.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Maybe. They aren't as cool as the Dornish people, but they might be better.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Maybe. They aren't as cool as the Dornish people, but they might be better.

that dude who just wants to bang and kill everyone is pretty damn cool

dissappointed that there is no Mountain action yet.

speculation: prince banger gets to one on one combat the mountain to settle their debt

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like to see what people are speculating when they haven't read the books.  :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I like to see what people are speculating when they haven't read the books.  :dunno:

it's fun, right? (!)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's really quite entertaining

I also love some of the name spellings

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's also kind of cute and annoying at the same time when people don't know character names and they refer to people as "Maggie's grandma" and such.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Maybe bran will warg a book so it will read itself and make metal head happy

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
My point is, speculation, when the answer exists, is a waste.

Speculate all you want about events, fictional and IRL, that have not taken place yet. That's fine. I participate in that activity myself.

The fact is, the answers to these questions that are being asked are out there, but some would rather grasp at straws than actually obtain the answer.

Nothing has been done to refute my claims that you TV show only people are lazy and irrational.

I believe the entertainment from a work of fiction comes from experiencing it, just like most life things. It's not a math problem, or any kind of problem.

You're describing a show watcher who takes the product at face value and then drops it until the next episode. An information problem appears once the show watcher starts to ask questions about plot points. Normally, this information problem would exist until a future episode is aired that resolves the issue, but, in this case, the information is already published and readily available for consumption.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for keeping these questions to themselves, as then it is their own personal mystery to solve. I get frustrated when show watchers want to make their musings public and then expect not to get an answer. What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

You're assuming that some people don't enjoy the unknown.

:buh-bye:

To me what you're talking about is like someone who watches replays of Cats games on ESPN3 because they are unable to watch the games live. They could easily search for articles on the web or watch a highlight show to know the answer. Your beef would come from said person deciding to go on twitter or some other social media platform and speculate about "hoping the Cats will win" or "hoping Jamar can go with his gimpy ankle," but not wanting people to tell them what happened in the game.

Love the new avi, BTW.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Speculate all you want about events, fictional and IRL, that have not taken place yet. That's fine. I participate in that activity myself.

The fact is, the answers to these questions that are being asked are out there, but some would rather grasp at straws than actually obtain the answer.

Nothing has been done to refute my claims that you TV show only people are lazy and irrational.

I believe the entertainment from a work of fiction comes from experiencing it, just like most life things. It's not a math problem, or any kind of problem.

You're describing a show watcher who takes the product at face value and then drops it until the next episode. An information problem appears once the show watcher starts to ask questions about plot points. Normally, this information problem would exist until a future episode is aired that resolves the issue, but, in this case, the information is already published and readily available for consumption.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for keeping these questions to themselves, as then it is their own personal mystery to solve. I get frustrated when show watchers want to make their musings public and then expect not to get an answer. What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

You're assuming that some people don't enjoy the unknown.

:buh-bye:

To me what you're talking about is like someone who watches replays of Cats games on ESPN3 because they are unable to watch the games live. They could easily search for articles on the web or watch a highlight show to know the answer. Your beef would come from said person deciding to go on twitter or some other social media platform and speculate about "hoping the Cats will win" or "hoping Jamar can go with his gimpy ankle," but not wanting people to tell them what happened in the game.

Love the new avi, BTW.

But your metaphor doesn't really work because this is clearly the "Show" thread, where people assume nobody is going to tell them all the answers because they read the book first. That said, I hope metalhead stays because it makes this more entertaining.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
disclaimer for BOOK people:  It is perfectly acceptable to talk about the past and how stuff that has already happens is different from the books. It is very interesting and fun. Just don't extend that into future implications to stuff we dont know about from our show data set.

I, too, would like to thanks MH for this interesting combo season argument.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
it's like the book shitheads are addicted to talking about the books. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Back story already glossed over is fine. Good old gods, if I have to explain what a spoiler is, there is truly no hope.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is there a rule to warging that he has to be a certain distance from the thing he's warging? It seems like kind of a ridiculously powerful skill without a lot of rules.
The book goes into some exposition (show only people, is bringing up back story glossed over by the show, in order to better explain current events allowed?) on the rules of warging, so to speak.  Some animals are harder to warg with than others, animals with an existing dominance/submission pecking order (wolves/dogs/people[simpletons]) are easier to warg and the more a person wargs with an animal the more connected they are and easier it is for the warg to control the animal.  There are times in the books that great distances separate the warg from its animal, but its always with an animal with whom the warg has an existing relationship.

So to answer your question, they can't take over a dragon on the other side of the narrow sea that they've never met and totally burn everything to the ground, just because..... or can they?   :runaway:

this isn't backstory glossed over

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is there a rule to warging that he has to be a certain distance from the thing he's warging? It seems like kind of a ridiculously powerful skill without a lot of rules.
The book goes into some exposition (show only people, is bringing up back story glossed over by the show, in order to better explain current events allowed?) on the rules of warging, so to speak.  Some animals are harder to warg with than others, animals with an existing dominance/submission pecking order (wolves/dogs/people[simpletons]) are easier to warg and the more a person wargs with an animal the more connected they are and easier it is for the warg to control the animal.  There are times in the books that great distances separate the warg from its animal, but its always with an animal with whom the warg has an existing relationship.

So to answer your question, they can't take over a dragon on the other side of the narrow sea that they've never met and totally burn everything to the ground, just because..... or can they?   :runaway:

this isn't backstory glossed over
Its still the kind of drawn out exposition they generally skip over, unless theres some Hodor gangbang sceen they have planned later that they can talk over that i'm unaware of.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really hope all the book nerds will explain what the scene with the White Walker transforming the baby was all about.

:impatient:

Yeah, didn't think so.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

i wikipedia'd... all the knowledge, way less reading
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really hope all the book nerds will explain what the scene with the White Walker transforming the baby was all about.

Yeah, didn't think so.

in a different thread

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Yeah, didn't think so.

in a different thread

haha i just had a funny thought

what if that scene was the show spoiling something that GRRM hasnt written yet for the book nerds?

TABLES HAVE TURNED

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, didn't think so.

in a different thread

what if that scene was the show spoiling something that GRRM hasnt written yet for the book nerds?

TABLES HAVE TURNED

It is, except book readers are partying like rock stars because they watch the show too and like finding out new things.
 :Woohoo:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, didn't think so.

in a different thread

TABLES HAVE TURNED

It is, except book readers are partying like rock stars because they watch the show too and like finding out new things.
 :Woohoo:

Yes