Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1080831 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
we are getting off topic but entering the world of health care billing and insurance is extremely intimidating and stressful. Starting with MiR's easy step one of going to the website of your provider. OK, I'll find a doctor listed on their site. Are they REALLY in my network? do I even need an in-network provider? Are they in my network for my level of plan? are they actually taking patients?

And then you start to get bills (maybe). I actually upgraded to a plan that covered out-of-network treatment this year. When I went to the website to figure out how to file an out-of-network claim, I learned you could do it VIA MAIL ONLY. WHAT THE eff. Of course I haven't done it yet, and that's 100% the intended result by requiring you to mail in claims.

This stuff is shitty but we really shouldn't excuse not having routine heath checks, no matter the hassle. There are a lot of things that you can only find and fix with routine blood work. I now get checked every six months.

The provider websites do suck but after you do it the first time they are a breeze. For most of them, I've had 4 carriers in 7 years, about to get my fifth, so I've had a lot of practice with this. :curse: Most of the sites give you the in network provider for your plan after you sign up for an online account. The more advanced sites also tell you which providers are taking new patients. In this era of corporatized health care, nearly every provider will take any plan that an employer would give you. In your given area of residence/employment there aren't going to be hardly any providers who don't belong to a gigantic health conglomo anyway.

Bottom line is your health is way more important to ignore because you don't want to be bothered by the 15-45 minutes it would take to find a doctor. I found out about a liver issue that I had and corrected, and a high triglycerides issue I corrected, that I wouldn't have seen without annual blood work.

you are right that it's important but I was just saying I don't think it's as simple as you made it seem in your earlier post and that it is a mental barrier for a lot of folks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't like engaging in facebook posts but I saw this from someone in my hometown and I honestly don't know if they are serious or not but if they are it's kinda disturbing and I kinda want to clarify

Thank you *PACKING PLANT*.  I drove by yesterday and I have never seen so many cars in the parking lot.  It reminded me how much our industry and country needs your efforts to keep protein on the shelf and food supply moving forward.  Pretty neat to see a local business thriving amidst all the choas.  Hopefully they share some of these record profits packers are making with the employees making it happen.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I don't like engaging in facebook posts but I saw this from someone in my hometown and I honestly don't know if they are serious or not but if they are it's kinda disturbing and I kinda want to clarify

Thank you *PACKING PLANT*.  I drove by yesterday and I have never seen so many cars in the parking lot.  It reminded me how much our industry and country needs your efforts to keep protein on the shelf and food supply moving forward.  Pretty neat to see a local business thriving amidst all the choas.  Hopefully they share some of these record profits packers are making with the employees making it happen.
Yes, it’s so great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trump ordered them to stay open.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i have some complaints about kaiser, but for ease of use they're pretty good.  does the hospital name out front say "kaiser"? yes, ok anything they do to you inside is covered.  no, you're entirely mumped.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
i have some complaints about kaiser, but for ease of use they're pretty good.  does the hospital name out front say "kaiser"? yes, ok anything they do to you inside is covered.  no, you're entirely mumped.

To a greater degree than other big hospital systems? I thought this was normal.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

To a greater degree than other big hospital systems? I thought this was normal.

Kaiser is an insurance company, too. I don't  think they are in anyone's insurance network but their own while most big hospital networks accept multiple insurance providers

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
More importantly, most hospitals are tricky cause you can have practice groups that a carrier doesn’t cover mixed in with ones it does.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
More importantly, most hospitals are tricky cause you can have practice groups that a carrier doesn’t cover mixed in with ones it does.
Yeah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, it’s so great

Jesus, that's horrifying.  There's also Finney sandwiched between the two most populated counties in the state. This COVID-19 thing with meat and how the workers are being treated has me feeling more guilty than at any time in my life.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From Safer at Home, churches and pretty much everything still closed and home to laughably small timey protests on a couple of street corners 1st World Alabama, we gaze upon this scene and shake our damn heads

https://twitter.com/yellowredsparks/status/1256359598841139201?s=21

Makes those 1000 person ragers in Chicago look small.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:10:45 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, it’s so great

Jesus, that's horrifying.  There's also Finney sandwiched between the two most populated counties in the state. This COVID-19 thing with meat and how the workers are being treated has me feeling more guilty than at any time in my life.
Long time friend on scene in Finney working in government there for 3 decades.  Biggest problem is outside of work large group gatherings.   Some gatherings  by necessity, some by choice.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
This has got to be considered a win in this war against the hidden enemy

https://twitter.com/cjtruth/status/1256398971502804993

:emawkid:
bears are fast...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Based on you guys’ effective PI’ing, I’ve really been giving this whole mask thing another thought, so I did some research...  I know, crazy, right?

Do we trust our surgeon general or mainstream media sources? Or no?  I’m just not sure who to believe at this point?

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-dont-need-masks-pence-says-as-demand-increases-2020-2

US Surgeon General Jerome Adams said Monday that wearing face masks could actually increase a person's risk of contracting COVID-19, echoing remarks he made on Saturday that called for people to "stop buying masks."

https://twitter.com/surgeon_general/status/1233725785283932160

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I think it’s time to mandate mask-wearing while posting on gE.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think it’s time to mandate mask-wearing while posting on gE.

Dressed and ready for duty, sir...  Now, which one of you goons has the original. 

I want to wear that one.
bears are fast...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From Safer at Home, churches and pretty much everything still closed and home to laughably small timey protests on a couple of street corners 1st World Alabama, we gaze upon this scene and shake our damn heads

https://twitter.com/yellowredsparks/status/1256359598841139201?s=21

Makes those 1000 person ragers in Chicago look small.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
as sys pointed out, the actual number was within their predicted range for that day. they update that model pretty frequently, but not in real time.

i have since then become pretty convinced that that imhe model is pretty much garbage.  there have been multiple twitter threads and one article on it.  i think silver linked the article if anyone wants to look for it.

https://twitter.com/inpredict/status/1256598964536619008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Based on you guys’ effective PI’ing, I’ve really been giving this whole mask thing another thought, so I did some research...  I know, crazy, right?

Do we trust our surgeon general or mainstream media sources? Or no?  I’m just not sure who to believe at this point?

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-dont-need-masks-pence-says-as-demand-increases-2020-2

US Surgeon General Jerome Adams said Monday that wearing face masks could actually increase a person's risk of contracting COVID-19, echoing remarks he made on Saturday that called for people to "stop buying masks."

https://twitter.com/surgeon_general/status/1233725785283932160

:dunno:
No offense bookie, you suck crap at research

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Lmfao

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What these rough ridin' dumbasses don’t get is that back when the no masks idea was out the asymptomatic nature of this virus was not fully understood in scope.   Now that we know there are likely millions of asymptomatic carriers you should wear a mask. 

What these rough ridin' dumbasses don’t get is that masks aren’t full proof but they allow a reopening of the economy and allow a more controlled movement towards herd immunity and keeps the hospitals from being overwhelmed.   

It’s a rough ridin' stop gap while therapeutics and vaccines are developed while still allowing the economy to get back to a semblance of normal.   

These people are childish vain whackadoo’s.  I am numbed to how people on both sides who cannot keep up with evolving nature of this pandemic and don’t get that this is a novel virus with many unknowns.  Yet they seize upon information that based on the timeline of this pandemic is in many cases ancient history.   

I’m gonna leisurely pull up to Menards in my King Ranch and pick up my lump charcoal for my smoker and not wear no damn mask!! (To protect that 38 year old cashier who fights Asthma,  who is working because she desperately needs the job and the money to support her family).  That’s not ‘Merica!  That’s the gubment trying to control me!  That’s marking people like the got damn Nazi’s!  No sir!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I agree with Literally everything in that post

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What these rough ridin' dumbasses don’t get is that back when the no masks idea was out the asymptomatic nature of this virus was not fully understood in scope.   Now that we know there are likely millions of asymptomatic carriers you should wear a mask. 

What these rough ridin' dumbasses don’t get is that masks aren’t full proof but they allow a reopening of the economy and allow a more controlled movement towards herd immunity and keeps the hospitals from being overwhelmed.   

It’s a rough ridin' stop gap while therapeutics and vaccines are developed while still allowing the economy to get back to a semblance of normal.   

These people are childish vain whackadoo’s.  I am numbed to how people on both sides who cannot keep up with evolving nature of this pandemic and don’t get that this is a novel virus with many unknowns.  Yet they seize upon information that based on the timeline of this pandemic is in many cases ancient history.   

I’m gonna leisurely pull up to Menards in my King Ranch and pick up my lump charcoal for my smoker and not wear no damn mask!! (To protect that 38 year old cashier who fights Asthma,  who is working because she desperately needs the job and the money to support her family).  That’s not ‘Merica!  That’s the gubment trying to control me!  That’s marking people like the got damn Nazi’s!  No sir!
Yes

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice job Dax