Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 378978 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Watching her stalk one was like National Geographic lion hunt footage. Just tiny little movements of one paw and stop motionless. She’d work her way up there for like 10 minutes and then go jump on it by the neck and roll it over. Was pretty cool irl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of when I first moved to Topeka,  We had a large black cat that loved to catch birds.  He would very slowly walk in a crouched position toward a bird.  As he got about two ft. from the bird he would stop and check the position of the bird for take off.  He would jump quite high in the same direction the bird took off and catch it in his out stretched paws and claws.  It was pure alethic skill and talent.  I loved to watch that cat.  He had the respect of all the cats and most of the dogs in the neighborhood.  He didn't eat much cat food though. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 03:59:36 PM by Katpappy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
You aint hot enough benji.  Turn that welder up.  If bro is in a t shirt welding then it aint hot enough. That tie rod thingy should be glowing when your bead is done.

Meanwhile i damn near lit myself on fire with the cutting torch today.     Rotten gas hose had pin holes where it cracked.   I am blowing nuts off rusted bolts only to feel my butt getting warm.  Hose behind me was on fire which in turn lit the grass on fire.  Luckily I got it shut down.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#classic

Tom

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Tom, thank you

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Tom is the man, tip of the cap to you good sir.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Tom you were close to death and I'm glad you didn't die

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Burned ass is absolutely painful.  Good thing you took care of it before it got out of hand.  :thumbs:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Its 28 degrees with freezing rain and windy as hell on the cat ranch so of course we lost power. Had to take the generator out of the back of lil red and start it up to power the house.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
You guys are really ruffing it.  I'm surprised you guys been staying out there with no juice.  Do you have natural gas or propane for heat?  Wood stove?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You guys are really ruffing it.  I'm surprised you guys been staying out there with no juice.  Do you have natural gas or propane for heat?  Wood stove?

We have a generator to run when power goes out, power came back on like 2 hours later so no big deal. Propane for heat with a fireplace that has 2 vents built into the mantle area that pulls in cold air from the ground and spits out warm air by the mantle. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Watching her stalk one was like National Geographic lion hunt footage. Just tiny little movements of one paw and stop motionless. She’d work her way up there for like 10 minutes and then go jump on it by the neck and roll it over. Was pretty cool irl.

Reminds me of when I first moved to Topeka,  We had a large black cat that loved to catch birds.  He would very slowly walk in a crouched position toward a bird.  As he got about two ft. from the bird he would stop and check the position of the bird for take off.  He would jump quite high in the same direction the bird took off and catch it in his out stretched paws and claws.  It was pure alethic skill and talent.  I loved to watch that cat.  He had the respect of all the cats and most of the dogs in the neighborhood.  He didn't eat much cat food though.

There is no way there wasn't at least 1 cat who didn't respect that bitch

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

There is no way there wasn't at least 1 cat who didn't respect that bitch

He killed two stud cats that didn't give him the respect he deserved.  Also would fight as in attack any dog that would be in the yard.  He loved ppl thou.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Live action shot, this might actually work!

We got a new Welding rod over the weekend and got this sucker welded correctly. We decided to take it on a test run out in the pasture and it was doing fine until we got as far away from the house as possible then slowly started losing power. Eventually we could only go like 1mph and it took like 45 minutes to get it back up to the garage.

On the positive side its better we figured this out now while we have nothing better to do than fix.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also Milo is a cold blooded baby rabbit assassin. She will find a nest, grab a baby and bring it back to the yard and play with it until it dies/stop squeaking then run back to the nest and grab another...

When she is done with them I throw the bodies in the barn for the cats. Her kill count is approaching double digits.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Poor bunnies  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
High tractor IQ people (tom), tell me about this tractor.

Here is what I know about it besides it saying INTERNATIONAL 300 on the side.

1. It still runs but only my cousin knows the correct formula of knob pulling and tractor stuff to get it running.

2. It is used for small plantings of sweet corn and mowing.

3. My dad thinks he will be able to start it and keeps talking about projects he can use it for.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

1. It still runs but only my cousin knows the correct formula of knob pulling and tractor stuff to get it running.

3. My dad thinks he will be able to start it and keeps talking about projects he can use it for.

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/list/category/1110/tractors-40-hp-to-99-hp/manufacturer/international/model/300

Whats your dads to do list?  I would like it better with a bucket on it. 40 hp good for mowing if that's the plan. Put a brush hog behind and use it for golf course maintenance.

Utility or orchard configuration with the muffler down underneath so you can work under trees.  The JD version the foot pan got hot AF because the muffler was right under it.

If you're going to be getting on and off just know stepping over the shifter and transmission  between your legs gets old over the course of the day.  If you're going to sit on it and mow or pull the lil express hay ride trailer then good to go.

Make sure the middle link is atrached to the 3 pt on the back, hydraulics work, and the pto works... on and off.

Ask your cousin how much tread is left on the tires, and how many hours are on it.  If says anything over 50 pct and under 1,000 might be worth $1,000.  If he looks at you like he has no clue what you're talking about offer him $500 and he has to get it to your place.

Tom

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Further review the grill appears bashed in.  Make sure the radiator hasnt been jammed back into the fan like every tractor i ever drove.

Tom

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how many mice do you estimate are living in it at any one time? over a billion?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/list/category/1110/tractors-40-hp-to-99-hp/manufacturer/international/model/300

Whats your dads to do list?  I would like it better with a bucket on it. 40 hp good for mowing if that's the plan. Put a brush hog behind and use it for golf course maintenance.

Utility or orchard configuration with the muffler down underneath so you can work under trees.  The JD version the foot pan got hot AF because the muffler was right under it.

If you're going to be getting on and off just know stepping over the shifter and transmission  between your legs gets old over the course of the day.  If you're going to sit on it and mow or pull the lil express hay ride trailer then good to go.

Make sure the middle link is atrached to the 3 pt on the back, hydraulics work, and the pto works... on and off.

Ask your cousin how much tread is left on the tires, and how many hours are on it.  If says anything over 50 pct and under 1,000 might be worth $1,000.  If he looks at you like he has no clue what you're talking about offer him $500 and he has to get it to your place.

Tom

Tom,

Your tractor knowledge never ceases to amaze me. There is a shifter right between the legs that looks like it could ring a couple of bells if you aren't careful.

I believe that we technically own the tractor as it was my GPA's and on the part of the farm we inherited so no need to purchase it, my dad just needs to figure out how to start it. I think he wants to use it to mow/disc up some old pens that are overgrown with weeds then plant actual grass back in there so nothing too crazy.

Picture of the bell ringing shifter below.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how many mice do you estimate are living in it at any one time? over a billion?

Dunno about mice but that area with old equipment/hay bales is Jack Rabbit City USA with a population of like 6.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Every town has the guy who can fix anything or find the farmer that was a mechanic back in the day.  Might need some electrical TLC if SD mice theory is correct.

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/parts-categories/tractor-parts/international-tractor-parts/300.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwhOD0BRAQEiwAK7JHmGZ7GREKDN6uK2O8h6GduaZqqM_wlo7yxAmw0zSzzL8d0muLGHYgGhoCCyUQAvD_BwE

Tom

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:33:59 AM by KST8FAN »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Coal is the most expensive energy source now. It’s nuts that we’re propping it up for some reason.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
it's not really nuts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.