Author Topic: capitol riot  (Read 131959 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: capitol riot
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2021, 07:18:16 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: capital riot
« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2021, 08:35:39 AM »
^when keeping it real goes wrong

the graphic video:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1346936261014151170/pu/vid/1280x720/JNLeTC-WsM1frnWI.mp4?tag=10

for those who don't want to watch, she was the first one trying to climb thru a busted window

All that crap going on and the only person shot was a woman, and they shot her in the back? That woman wasn't any more of a threat than anyone else in that building, in fact you can claim she was less of a threat given her position. They could have cuffed or maced her the second her feet hit the ground.

One of the magas interviewed said an uninformed officer in a suit and tie shot her from the other side of the door.

Okay, that makes sense, still stupid as eff though. I thought homeboy with the long gun behind her shot her. I don't know very much about guns and ammo but didn't that cop endanger the cops behind her by shooting in that direction? Could that bullet not exit out of her and lodge somewhere else?

I don't think it was stupid at all. At what point are the cops supposed to stop the angry mob who claim they want to hang the treasonous senators and the media on the front lawn? Do they wait until they actually physically start dragging senators, or should they wait until they put nooses on them? They decided that the doorway of the room where innocent people were laying on the floor was the line that couldn't be crossed, and I guess that is ok. I personally would have chosen the front steps. Lots of these people had bags on them. Bombs were found at the DNC and the RNC. A few bullets on the front steps might have cost an extra life or two, but assassination threats followed by an angry mob should be taken more seriously than what we saw yesterday.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
When do we repost the videos of the Capital Police (who report directly to Congress) opening the gates and letting them in?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
capitol riot
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:51 AM »
Yeah, if they had successfully established a perimeter (which they didn’t) then the front steps would make some sense too. But agreed with Rage, the people inside that room don’t need to be making those kinds of assessments. Once that last door is breached there’s no realistic way to protect the people inside.

I think most people understand this, FWIW. That’s why the lady is a complete afterthought in this narrative. It’s sad to lose a life doing something pointless like that, but it’s certainly one of the most justifiable uses of deadly “police” force that I have seen on the news this year.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2021, 09:07:15 AM »
Capital Police leaders should be fired and forced to reapply on Jan 20.  Then the officers should be fired/forced to reapply.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
When do we repost the videos of the Capital Police (who report directly to Congress) opening the gates and letting them in?
Go for it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2021, 09:28:01 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2021, 09:58:48 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2021, 10:13:42 AM »

the graphic video:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1346936261014151170/pu/vid/1280x720/JNLeTC-WsM1frnWI.mp4?tag=10

for those who don't want to watch, she was the first one trying to climb thru a busted window

All that crap going on and the only person shot was a woman, and they shot her in the back? That woman wasn't any more of a threat than anyone else in that building, in fact you can claim she was less of a threat given her position. They could have cuffed or maced her the second her feet hit the ground.

One of the magas interviewed said an uninformed officer in a suit and tie shot her from the other side of the door.

Okay, that makes sense, still stupid as eff though. I thought homeboy with the long gun behind her shot her. I don't know very much about guns and ammo but didn't that cop endanger the cops behind her by shooting in that direction? Could that bullet not exit out of her and lodge somewhere else?

I don't think it was stupid at all. At what point are the cops supposed to stop the angry mob who claim they want to hang the treasonous senators and the media on the front lawn? Do they wait until they actually physically start dragging senators, or should they wait until they put nooses on them? They decided that the doorway of the room where innocent people were laying on the floor was the line that couldn't be crossed, and I guess that is ok. I personally would have chosen the front steps. Lots of these people had bags on them. Bombs were found at the DNC and the RNC. A few bullets on the front steps might have cost an extra life or two, but assassination threats followed by an angry mob should be taken more seriously than what we saw yesterday.

https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1347201364284370946

I think this is a good take regarding her death. Blaming the cop is easy, but that stupid rough ridin' conspiracy and our elected officials pushing that BS are the reason she died.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2021, 10:14:59 AM »
Ultimately, the blame falls on her. She died attacking the country she swore to defend.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
Legitimately surprised more died by fat/self tazing than by police.  maga I guess

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2021, 10:22:57 AM »
Ultimately, the blame falls on her. She died attacking the country she swore to defend.

It's good to see you're a person who thinks what happens in a person's life and where they are in life is due to the choices they made.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Kind of a strange generalization to take away from that

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
In an absolute shocker, the company that the Washington Times said IDed people in the capital as Antifa via facial recognition (which Matt Gaetz cited on the House floor last night) has said thats not true and they have no idea where the Washington Times sourced that from. Their lawyer has sent the Washington Times a request to retract the story and apologize.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 10:36:30 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2021, 10:34:46 AM »
We should consider moving Trump to Guantanamo while he awaits his treason trial and interrogating him to figure out just WTF is going on with Gaetz, Jordan, Graham, and crew.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2021, 10:37:53 AM »
In an absolute shocker, the company that the Washington Times said IDed people in the capital as Antifa via facial recognition (which Matt Gaetz cited on the House floor last night) has said thats not true and they have no idea where the Washington Times sourced that from. Their lawyer has sent the Washington Times a request to retract the story and apologize.

Did anyone actually believe that crap?  besides dax I mean

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2021, 10:45:20 AM »

If your initial reaction, to anything political that is amazing or some sort of gotcha, is not extreme skepticism, you're being willfully ignorant.  Almost everything is false or completely exaggerated.

However, things like Trump's call to the Georgia SOS, are eventually reported everywhere and can be believed.  Even on it, though, my initial reaction was maybe this is being completely blown out of proportion.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2021, 10:55:08 AM »

Within 1 minute of that statement he got a standing ovation from some members of the House, so I think it carries some weight.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2021, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »

If your initial reaction, to anything political that is amazing or some sort of gotcha, is not extreme skepticism, you're being willfully ignorant.  Almost everything is false or completely exaggerated.

However, things like Trump's call to the Georgia SOS, are eventually reported everywhere and can be believed.  Even on it, though, my initial reaction was maybe this is being completely blown out of proportion.

Fair enough.  No one believed there were antifa or crisis actors at the capitol yesterday.  good point

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »
just saw the maga vaping his or her brains out at some house member's desk.  peak maga is vaping or eating

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2021, 11:14:38 AM »

Fair enough.  No one believed there were antifa or crisis actors at the capitol yesterday.  good point

My point was that it is no surprise that the WT story was fabricated and people that believed the story are being willfully ignorant.  Just basically agreeing with you.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2021, 11:18:23 AM »

My point was that it is no surprise that the WT story was fabricated and people that believed the story are being willfully ignorant.  Just basically agreeing with you.

high five

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2021, 11:48:27 AM »

the graphic video:

I'm not absolving that woman of responsibility, she willfully broke federal law, but clearly what she did didn't require lethal force as evidenced by the fact that hundreds? thousands? of people did the equivalent or even worse and we're allowed to walk away. They essentially let those people in the building, let them run amok within the building, and one agent decided that this one woman was worthy of a bullet? Nope, lose me with that.

They should have established a perimeter outside of the building, like they had no problem doing in June. They failed at that. What they didn't fail at was securing the chamber until everyone was evacuated, then they let the protesters in there too. They managed to keep the evacuation tunnels safe as well without having to shoot anyone. That woman obviously shouldn't have been in there but the fact that in all that chaos there was literally a single shot fired makes it clear that shot was from an overzealous cop.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2021, 11:55:23 AM »
They would have failed at securing the chamber until everyone was evacuated had they not shot that woman. It's not even really "they" since she was shot by a secret service agent, and not the police. If a member of an angry mob attempts to enter the same room as the vice president or speaker of the house, that person gets shot. Every time.