Author Topic: oscar WEBER CAN'T WIN ON THE ROAD AND WILL NEVER WIN IN THE TOURNEY  (Read 15763 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER CAN'T WIN ON THE ROAD AND WILL NEVER WIN IN THE TOURNEY
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 08:59:10 PM »
My only complaint is benching Westicles for so long. Not a huge deal, though.

He was playing very bad. Omari looked much better.

You mean he was playing better?  Cuz Omari is hard to look at...

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 08:59:23 PM »
This is quickly becoming one of the best dumbass identification threads in history :excited:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Congrats on the meltdown, you guys. Enjoy.
This loss is as bad as the KU game was good.

crap. Guess we suck then, huh?
On the road?  Yep.  Maybe oscar will improve to coaching 2 halves at an average level on the road next year.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 09:00:40 PM »
All you team BID fucks can suck crap. This loss is not meltdown worthy and does not define oscar as a coach
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
Congrats on the meltdown, you guys. Enjoy.
This loss is as bad as the KU game was good.

I prefer beating KU and losing this one , than the other way around. We are Marty Schottenheimer- snake bit on the road tho. :curse:
"He's in Shape !"

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:48 PM »
I love this place. :love:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »
All you team BID fucks can suck crap. This loss is not meltdown worthy and does not define oscar as a coach

it actually does define him b/c he can't win away from home

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »
Kim Carnes, once again showing why he is a top 10 poster on this blog.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »

Yep. Another first round NCAA exit on the horizon

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
I'm not BID, but I'd really like for oscar to just have a tiny bit of ability to coach road games.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »

They are the second worst team in the league. Maybe you don't know that?  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »
1st; fouling occurs when a team has to go the length of the floor with less than 5-8 seconds left. Not when the have 20 seconds or a team calls a time out in the half court. There is just too much risk that the guy you foul will just put up the shot and get 3 FTs.

2nd, there is NO benefit in fouling. Teams that foul with less than 5 second left up 3 win 94% of the time. Teams that defend win 94% of the time. Point is, its not "good coaching" either way.

3rd, my biggest concern was oboarding, and Baylor got 45.5% of their misses (compared to 32% for the Cats). It makes me sick to watch the last possession and Nino Williams step underneath the rim instead of stepping back to block out which he could've easily done. Go back and watch.

This was a very disappointing loss.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

I'm almost sure that this is a young talent problem more than it's a coaching problem.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »

That OOD record tho

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »
1st; fouling occurs when a team has to go the length of the floor with less than 5-8 seconds left. Not when the have 20 seconds or a team calls a time out in the half court. There is just too much risk that the guy you foul will just put up the shot and get 3 FTs.

2nd, there is NO benefit in fouling. Teams that foul with less than 5 second left up 3 win 94% of the time. Teams that defend win 94% of the time. Point is, its not "good coaching" either way.

3rd, my biggest concern was oboarding, and Baylor got 45.5% of their misses (compared to 32% for the Cats). It makes me sick to watch the last possession and Nino Williams step underneath the rim instead of stepping back to block out which he could've easily done. Go back and watch.

I think everyone was saying that we should've fouled after Baylor missed 2 or 3 times and there was under 10 seconds left in the game.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 09:07:01 PM »

That OOD record tho
this is why it's a youth problem. Not a coaching problem

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
"He's in Shape !"

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »

I'm almost sure that this is a young talent problem more than it's a coaching problem.

So many excuses flying in tonight from the cus-tards

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »

That OOD record tho
this is why it's a youth problem. Not a coaching problem
It's both. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
Jim webridge can't win a road game

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »

I think everyone was saying that we should've fouled after Baylor missed 2 or 3 times and there was under 10 seconds left in the game.

I think that's a really odd thing to ask a team to do. "Ok guys, defend them, but if they miss and then get the Oreb then foul them because they're behind by 3! Ready, break!."

nah
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »

I think people who are saying that are expecting a lot from the players on the floor. It was a fluid play and its unreasonable to expect a strategy change halfway through the sequence. Be more upset with the lack of a rebound there.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »

I think that's a really odd thing to ask a team to do. "Ok guys, defend them, but if they miss and then get the Oreb then foul them because they're behind by 3! Ready, break!."

nah

It would be more logical than letting the best 3 point shooter in the country get a shot off.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:23 PM »

nah

It's not odd, it's stupid. What you do is tell your team to go get a freaking rebound and not stand under the basket.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 09:12:58 PM »
The defensive rebounding tonight was just pathetic  :curse:
"He's in Shape !"