Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5703320 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #29100 on: May 22, 2024, 03:40:32 PM »
Not at all, especially if Dylan and Avery have break out years this year.  That's a lot of dough to spread around between Avery, Dylan, Cure and DJamer. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29101 on: May 22, 2024, 03:57:02 PM »
our nil is in a great place, but how much money do you think a freshman tight end, even a five star, is going to fetch? Cure isn't going to scratch the top 10 in nil for us and especially not Oregon. Maybe he would for KU, but I can't think that's a great sign for their program if they're breaking the bank on a tight end who hasn't even taken a college snap.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29102 on: May 22, 2024, 04:12:33 PM »
I would think a 5* TE would probably be getting 2/3rds of what an Elite HS QB prospect gets. Who are the 10 players that would receive more in 2025?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29103 on: May 24, 2024, 11:05:49 AM »
Well if football is anything like basketball, high school recruits aren't anywhere close to as valuable as proven college athletes. Couple that with football freshmen not expected to make much of an impact, Cure is more of a sure bet to red shirt than he is to be an impact player in '25. Finally, the position, of all the offensive skill positions, tight ends are the most interchangeable and have the least impact. You could make the argument that every single defensive position is more impactful than the tight end.

We know Oregon isn't going to give him a big bag, he's supposedly third on their board. I guess it's possible that KU and K-State could get in a bidding war, but I don't see Klieman doing that. Cure is infinitely more important for KU than he is for us, simply because of the symbolism, they need the in state win.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29104 on: May 24, 2024, 12:52:03 PM »
Best case scenario is he goes to KU, red shirts, plays one year and gets 2nd team all Big 12, then transfers to K-State.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29105 on: May 30, 2024, 03:01:42 PM »
Best case scenario is he goes to KU, red shirts, plays one year and gets 2nd team all Big 12, then transfers to K-State.

This is how it will play out most often.  A KS kid will hold his nose, go to KU and take his lumps hoping he will catch Ck's eye then transfer to KSU if we have interest.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29106 on: May 30, 2024, 03:16:54 PM »

This is how it will play out most often.  A KS kid will hold his nose, go to KU and take his lumps hoping he will catch Ck's eye then transfer to KSU if we have interest.
in many ways, the ku football program is a farm league (maybe AA?) for us and other fbs programs??

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29107 on: May 30, 2024, 06:24:13 PM »
How many cats would I have to drop off at Lincoln Cure's farm for him to commit to the KSU?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29108 on: May 30, 2024, 09:15:05 PM »
How many cats would I have to drop off at Lincoln Cure's farm for him to commit to the KSU?

Make sure you also drop off a DVD of the old DBL 007 James Bond movie starting Pussy Galore and let him know that Ms Galore is not around anymore but he can watch this fine movie with his new gift of pussies a plenty.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29109 on: May 30, 2024, 09:46:49 PM »

These are the questions we should be asking ourselves!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29110 on: May 31, 2024, 02:43:16 PM »

in many ways, the ku football program is a farm league (maybe AA?) for us and other fbs programs??

Our plan is to place some of the lower level in state kids there and see how they develop.  If they hit the next level, we will let them know we will accept them.  If they stay at ku level, we can block them so all the begging doesn't get awkward.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29111 on: May 31, 2024, 04:31:01 PM »
I know we’re just ge’ing here, but when you really think about it, in a world where college athletes are employees, wouldn’t it make sense to have contracts and you could only have so many contracts per team? But then the true elites like our beloved KSU Wildcats have a lower level team like the Jayhawks that we can use to develop players or send bad contracts that didn’t pan out.