Date: 28/03/24 - 15:01 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Just to start out. Winey Nubb Fan Thread  (Read 3728 times)

October 08, 2010, 11:25:12 AM
Read 3728 times

cheapseats

• Cub

It might of been a blow-out, but look at the positive.

1.  Kansas State was able to showcase their kickoff return team.

2. Willie the Wildcat made an outstanding tackle in the pregame.

3.  Happy Birthday Bill sung by 45,000 people in Purple.

4. It will be the last time we have to put up with those stupid, arrogant, no-class Nubbs with the corn cob hat.

5.  It only counts as one lose.

:thumbsup:

October 08, 2010, 02:08:17 PM
Reply #1

GBRsal

• Cub

October 08, 2010, 05:36:43 PM
Reply #2

thehusker1

• Wannabe Rivals with KSU !
  • Cub

It might of been a blow-out, but look at the positive.

1.  Kansas State was able to showcase their kickoff return team.

2. Willie the Wildcat made an outstanding tackle in the pregame.

3.  Happy Birthday Bill sung by 45,000 people in Purple.

4. It will be the last time we have to put up with those stupid, arrogant, no-class Nubbs with the corn cob hat.

5.  It only counts as one lose.

:thumbsup:

First we're traitors and you're pissed at us for pursuing a better opportunity and what not, then your'e gonna "send us out losers  :rolleyes: , then we beat your ass but you still  come out ahead cuz you "dont have to put up with us anymore  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,
Your &@#%ing pathetic.

October 08, 2010, 06:52:36 PM
Reply #3

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
Well, ok, I don't fault Nebraska for doing what is best for Nebraska.  I mean if the situation would have been reversed, then yes, I would hope KSU would pursue the best option. 

It really sucks how this whole thing has played out and while not so much on these boards, but other boards, the Nebraska fans have been whiney jerks.  That is what many of us KSUFans are tired of.  And that is the reason we're happy this has ended.

Go Big Red.  To the Big 10.  May you find peace in your new conference.
I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless

October 08, 2010, 10:35:18 PM
Reply #4

Haggard

• Cub

I would like to thank the Wildcat Band of KSU for being courteous and civil to us in the Cornhusker Marching Band. Its nice to know that at least one portion of KSU can practice good sportsmanship.

The student section however should be ashamed, as I had shield the newer members of the band from the spit that was flying at us.  All the while hearing insults such as "go back and play WOW" or "Hey fat ass do the truffle shuffle" and even slurs that were directed at female members of the band.  I also thought that the booing of our band and the entire student section standing up and facing the opposite direction was very tasteful as well.  Then drunken KSU fans had to be talked down by security from harassing CMB members in the stands.  Even playing against Missouri I have never encountered such a level of childishness as was present at the game that day, truthfully it felt like being back in high school.

Yes you hate us, and while I know that Nebraska fans arent always good sports, I have never seen a game in recent times where a majority of memorial stadium participated in unsportsmanlike conduct.  Not to mention that by 10 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter a large percentage of wildcat fans LEFT. wtf guys?

If memorial stadium acted the way that the wildcats did on thursday I would be ashamed of the fans, and I think that you guys should be too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:40:22 PM by Haggard »

October 09, 2010, 12:12:15 AM
Reply #5

thehusker1

• Cub

You tell me how the hell we have been whiney jerks.  While athletic depts such as yourselves and missou and kansas etc etc are so caught up in licking the dick drippings off Texas's balls, Nebraska decided to stand up and take a stand.  Everyone forgot one thing, it was Kansas St. and Nebraska that was running the show when the Big 8 changed to the Big 12, then here comes Texas and everyone had to bend over.  Whatever.  Nebraska is now and always will be better off.  Maybe kstate and NU will meet again in a few years in a non conference game after Kansas St. has to join the sunbelt or conference usa and Nebraska pays em 400,000 to fill a schedule in the middle of july, cuz that's where youre headed, and that was set in motion a lot of years ago. But i like these kind of discussions, and thank you for being one to acknowledge that had Kansas St. been in our situation, they would have bolted as well.  Maybe most teams are happy/content with the conference as it is, but Nebraska is/was not.  Call it arrogance or whatever the hell you want, but Nebraska IS BETTER THAN THAT.  Remember one last thing, Colorado is &@#%ing leaving to, so spread wealth a bit.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:20:12 AM by thehusker1 »

October 09, 2010, 12:19:35 AM
Reply #6

thehusker1

• Cub

sideline reporter for our broadcast team said before the game it was the most volatile and embarrasing display of student/fan behavior as a whole that he has ever witnessed.  Note: he has been to Colorado on numerous occasions.  May be time to grow up k-state, cuz you may need to take the reigns of this division, oh wait, there wont be any divisions cuz Colorado got out too.

October 09, 2010, 12:33:27 AM
Reply #7

2 Handed Finger Roll

• Cub

Sorry you had to endure that kind of treatment. That said, I've experienced similar treatment in Lincoln. Nub fans are classy till they lose. As for the fans leaving, see the sea of red game in 03 when the Nubs left memorial at halftime and did not return. It happens. When your team is getting pounded into the ground, most tend to turn and avoid the scene.

I don't know how NU fans can expect to be treated with any respect in any big 12 stadiums this year. After the elitist rhetoric they, and Missouri, spouted off during the will they wont they leave period, all we can say is you reap what you sow. Both of those schools systematically "leaked" professed their superiority to all other big 12 members academically, culturally, and athletically in the national media, only to back off when things finally sorted out. That is why when it was all said and done, most were happy to see NU go where we won't have to listen to their constant whining about fair play anymore. At least CU went quietly (nobody really even noticed). This isn't a farewell tour for the big red, its a get out tour.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:43:01 AM by 2 Handed Finger Roll »

October 09, 2010, 01:03:23 AM
Reply #8

2 Handed Finger Roll

• Cub

you are right, it was K-State and Nebraska in the big 8. Nebraska was all for the revenue sharing agreement when that was the case. When NU started losing the big bucks because their teams weren't as good, suddenly Texas was the evil money grubber. Yes, Texas has a ton of power in the Big 12. Yes, we make less money than they do. But the fact of the matter is that we don't have a national following and we are a small market program. We are much better off with the support of Texas than in trying to go it alone.

The difference here is that We get that. We understand that we are not the power brokers. We're OK with that. We take pride in the fact that we accomplish our success with less than others may have to. On the other hand, Nub fans seem to think they are the center of the universe. Boo Hoo, we don't get as much money as Texas. Sorry buddy, you don't generate as much money as Texas does either. No, you are that kid on the playground who is so used to winning, you think you are entitled to it. When another kid comes along, who is a little bigger, a little faster, and a little more attractive to the girls watching on the sidelines, you pick up the ball and run home whining about how unfair the world is.

You are right, CU is leaving too. Nobody has the venom for them because they left quietly and made no bones about it. What bothered people about the Nebraska situation has nothing to do with football, basketball, or any other athletic venture. It is the petty way you did it. Your school "leaked" so much trash about their superiority to the rest of the big 12 that it really was shameful. Now you expect us to sit back and be happy for you, respect you, applaud you? You were a family member who decided to hitch your wagon to another train and strike it on your own. Yes, we may have left too had a better deal come along and that's fine. We all need some change now and then. But on their out the door, your school crapped on the floor, told the world we deserved it because we aren't your equal, and were shocked when people took offense.

The funniest part of all of this is that as tradition focused as NU and the Big 10 are, both are going to regret this move. The state of Nebraska almost revolted when a stripe was added to the football uniforms in 03. How are they going to feel when those old cozy rivalries they've loved for so long are suddenly over. NU is quickly going to realize they're second fiddle again to Mich and OSU. They are now out of the Texas recruiting links. The foundation of their tradition is over.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 01:33:48 AM by 2 Handed Finger Roll »

October 09, 2010, 09:57:47 AM
Reply #9

Coach833

• Cub

As far as what conference we'd end up in, it's likely we'd be in the Mountain West along with ku and Mizzou. That conference would have take the place of a defunct Big XII in the BCS (btw: that conference would have a footprint into basically as many homes as the Big XII will next year)

October 09, 2010, 10:26:55 AM
Reply #10

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
You know, this is a "Whatever" thread.

First off, sorry that we KSU fans didn't "measure' up to the high standards of Nebraska.  Not going to make any excuses here.

Second off, boorish behavior happens in all fan bases.  While I wish this was not so, it is. 

It is real easy to be classy when you are winning a bunch like Nebraska did (and is starting to do again) for 40 or so years.  When KSU and Colorado and others started winning in football against the Cornhuskers, that didn't suit some (perhaps many) in the Nebraska fan base and some boorish behavior did start to come out.  The 2003 Nebraska - KSU game in Lincoln is a good one to look at.  2 Handed Finger Roll stated the Nebraska fans leaving at half time.  While I cannot say I saw that, It was real evident when KSU was punting towards the latter part of the game (and took a safety) that the stands were quite empty.  Nebraska fans used to applaud politely at the end of the game for the visiting team.  That did not happen on that occasion.   

So it happens.  All fan bases have fans that aren't allways providing good sportsmanship.  Sorry...

Maybe the Big 10 will provide you with the classy fanbases you desire.  Good luck with that (not being sarcastic either).

I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless

October 09, 2010, 12:24:19 PM
Reply #11

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
You tell me how the hell we have been whiney jerks.  

Besides your original post, go here and use the search function:

http://www.big12warzone.com/forums/index.php

Funditus Classless

October 09, 2010, 01:33:20 PM
Reply #12

cheapseats

• Cub

When I originally posted my comets, I was talking about the Nebraska clowns in the corn cob hats.  However, if you want to include Nubs that crash a KSU site, I have no problem with that.

I am going to miss playing Nebraska, just not some of their winning fans. 

October 09, 2010, 02:01:22 PM
Reply #13

bam8485

• Cub

I would like to thank the Wildcat Band of KSU for being courteous and civil to us in the Cornhusker Marching Band. Its nice to know that at least one portion of KSU can practice good sportsmanship.

The student section however should be ashamed, as I had shield the newer members of the band from the spit that was flying at us.  All the while hearing insults such as "go back and play WOW" or "Hey fat ass do the truffle shuffle" and even slurs that were directed at female members of the band.  I also thought that the booing of our band and the entire student section standing up and facing the opposite direction was very tasteful as well.  Then drunken KSU fans had to be talked down by security from harassing CMB members in the stands.  Even playing against Missouri I have never encountered such a level of childishness as was present at the game that day, truthfully it felt like being back in high school.

Yes you hate us, and while I know that Nebraska fans arent always good sports, I have never seen a game in recent times where a majority of memorial stadium participated in unsportsmanlike conduct.  Not to mention that by 10 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter a large percentage of wildcat fans LEFT. wtf guys?

If memorial stadium acted the way that the wildcats did on thursday I would be ashamed of the fans, and I think that you guys should be too.

First off i would like to say STFU you F'ING baby. F NU's band who decided to stop playing and do the truffle shuffle on the field. All the NU fans around me were A holes so if you don't like it stay home.

October 09, 2010, 02:28:27 PM
Reply #14

Lynch

• Cub

• Personal Text
    K-StateNation.com
    • K-State Nation
Get used to it, it's going to happen to you in every Big 12(10) stadium your team plays in this year.
So, somehow, because you logged onto a message board, and read a quote that another guy wrote about Wefald, Wefald is "in your face?"  I'll go along with that.  I wish Hemmingway would get off my nuts.

October 09, 2010, 04:35:21 PM
Reply #15

thehusker1

• Cub

I'll be the first to say that not all of Nebraska fans are good to others.  I was one of a few that ran a fellow neb fan out of the seats in Arrowhead a few years back when he continued to hassel an OU couple.  We all have our bad apples.  But thursday night was the student body as a whole.  And dont give me the crap about us being good till we lose, thats just plain talking out your ass.  I sit every home game quite close to the visitors section,  when we lose we're just as good if not better.  As far as every stadium, eh, I bet we encounter fine treatment from A&M and Ok state.  Kansas St. has always been a nasty place, it has nothing to do with conference realignment.  My parents have been attending road games for years with numerous trips to every stadium in the conferences and Columbia and Boulder are two places they will not return to, Manhattan can get just as ugly.

October 09, 2010, 05:30:26 PM
Reply #16

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
I'll be the first to say that not all of Nebraska fans are good to others.  I was one of a few that ran a fellow neb fan out of the seats in Arrowhead a few years back when he continued to hassel an OU couple.  We all have our bad apples.  But thursday night was the student body as a whole.  And dont give me the crap about us being good till we lose, thats just plain talking out your ass.  I sit every home game quite close to the visitors section,  when we lose we're just as good if not better.  As far as every stadium, eh, I bet we encounter fine treatment from A&M and Ok state.  Kansas St. has always been a nasty place, it has nothing to do with conference realignment.  My parents have been attending road games for years with numerous trips to every stadium in the conferences and Columbia and Boulder are two places they will not return to, Manhattan can get just as ugly.

Believe what you want.  I'm age 53 and Nebraska had well behaved and classy fans when I was in school at KSU (1974-79) and lived in Manhattan up to 1985.  Certainly better than Sooner fans from that era.  And I'm not 'talking out my a$$' on that one.

But then it happened.  Teams other than OU were starting to challenge Nebraska's football dominance.  And even those Husker fans still in the stands at the end of the 2003 Nebraska-KSU football game in Lincoln did not politely applaud the KSU football team.

Personally, I'm glad to be done with Nebraska and it's not because of how much better the NU football team is than KSU's football team.  It's because of the NU fans I've encountered on the several bbs'sproclaiming to be knowledgable and classy.

And lastly here is where some of us get our 'classlessness' (from the original Classless Cats Website):

A blast from the past:

We are Kansas State Wildcat fans, and we are classless. How we got this way, is very simple. Since the rise of KSU football to a national power, the "traditional" powers have felt that while KSU may have a "good" team, we are far from establishing ourselves as a team to be reckoned with. In fact, until Kansas State wins a conference title outright (or even God forbid a National Championship), Kansas State fans are nothing more than "classless".

We've been called that more often from our neighbors to the north, the shuckers of Nebraska. Let's face it, Nebraska is a football dynasty. For the last 35 years, Nebraska football has been associated with greatness. But, lately, everyone has been catching up to them. During the Solich era, Nebraska is 1-6 against ranked teams.. on the road. ON THE ROAD! And nothing symbolizes this more than the whoopin' the Colorado Buffaloes put on them in Boulder. It was so harrowing a defeat, that ABC captured the effect on an 11 year old young Nebraska fan. This child, growing up in the shadow of Big Red was BAWLING his eyes out! He was DEVASTATED! An ELEVEN YEAR OLD KID!! And for Nebraska fans, the idea we'd even discuss this concept is, by itself, is CLASSLESS.

Some of us found it amusing. Some of us found it sick. The fact that we didn't have sympathy created a wave of backlash and condemnation from .. well.. only Huskers, that it seemed apparent our point of view could be nothing more than classless. But the cornblowers up north are not the only ones. We have had our dignity tested by Colorado fans, Texas fans, Michigan fans and even fans from Pac-10 schools who, at best, could best be described as "almost contenders" as well as storied Notre Dame fans. Leading the charge of this "classlessness" has been our own PardonedCat, who's questioning of the establishment in terms of College Football traditions and the rise of KSU to be in the mix. In this, he's been called many things, but the label that has stuck the most on him has been "classless".

Well, PardonedCat, the alias of a man who has grown weary of this constant bashing has decided to take the label so heavily bestowed, and is now wearing it high and is proud. So much is his desire to bring to the masses this paradigm of fandom, we've created this site, dedicated to the principles of classlessness. We cannot stand in the light of greatness without offering our own bit of tempering dialogue
to balance the scales of pompousness and tunnel vision. And to those who would think that support of our own Wildcats and our love for our institution and the values that stands with it the pinnacle of loyalty above others, we offer this website as a retreat to the pinnacle of classlessness. And while we're at it, we also offer the ability to play in his pick'em contests. What more could a classless person ask for?

Classiness is allowed, but not encouraged.

The Management.

Here are the links:
Message Boards
College Bowl Pick'ems (Requires registration on message board

Pages built by MJROD Consulting Services, Inc

This site is not in any way affiliated or endorsed by Kansas State University or its representatives.

:cyclist:      :cyclist:       :cyclist:        :cyclist:

Funditus Classless

October 09, 2010, 07:46:40 PM
Reply #17

thehusker1

• Cub

Well obviously you were in another part of the stadium, like maybe the bus to the bar or somethin, cuz I WAS THERE, as well as many many others doing the usual.  Maybe  the were fewer cuz of the crap that Snyder had pulled that day using 1st teamers to run up the score on a group of walk ons.  At least when Osborne "ran up the score" were running dive plays with our walkons and gashing the hell our of everyone else's first teams cuz you/they were not good enuff to stop even that on them days.  Bottom line is there were people applauding.  I guess the overall point is that we all know every fan base has the bad members, but the things that were coming from the students thursday night directed at our band and players and even coaches was well beyond anything anyone has ever had to experience at Memorial.  Sorry to ruffle so many feathers, and youre welcome for the sellout.

October 09, 2010, 08:16:49 PM
Reply #18

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
  Bottom line is there were people applauding. 

Really ?  If so, it was really, really quiet.   I call  :AzCatBS: 

Oh, I know, it was KSU Fans applauding the Wildcats...   :woohoo:

Funditus Classless

October 09, 2010, 10:27:39 PM
Reply #19

GBRsal

• Cub

October 09, 2010, 10:32:44 PM
Reply #20

bam8485

• Cub

This thread is one reason i hate cornhole fans. :jerkoff:

October 10, 2010, 01:29:39 AM
Reply #21

thehusker1

• Cub

This thread is one reason i hate cornhole fans. :jerkoff:

sure, bet you cant wait for basketball to hand it right back to us huh?  :cheers:

October 10, 2010, 01:43:44 AM
Reply #22

thehusker1

• Cub

So I went and read for a good hour or so on that cute little link you posted, i'm glad you believe that a handful of idiots with a keyboard speak for a whole state. 

October 10, 2010, 02:20:13 AM
Reply #23

2 Handed Finger Roll

• Cub

... cuz I WAS THERE, as well as many many others doing the usual.  Maybe  the were fewer cuz of the crap that Snyder had pulled that day using 1st teamers to run up the score on a group of walk ons.  At least when Osborne "ran up the score" were running dive plays with our walkons and gashing the hell our of everyone else's first teams cuz you/they were not good enuff to stop even that on them days.  

Why would NU have been playing walk-ons in a game that was 17-7 going into the 4th Quarter? K-State scored twice in rapid succession to start the 4th qtr and had one offensive score in the last 9:55 of the game. How is that running up the score? Hell, the last drive started following a fumble by Lord (a starter). K-state drove 51 yards on three RUN plays. Nebraska removed it's starters, from the offensive side anyway, after our last score with 1:31 left.

If anything, the fact that we had 561 yards of offense on 81 plays, but only 38 points, suggests the cats made an effort to keep the score down. 53 rushing plays to 15 completed passes. It could have been much much worse.

http://www.huskerpedia.com/games/2003/files/11ksu_stats.html#GAME.PLY
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:57:10 AM by 2 Handed Finger Roll »

October 10, 2010, 07:33:15 AM
Reply #24

unleashthemob

• Cub

Students are students, nub fans like to claim how classy they are, and they are before the game. I can go into detail as to some of the crap that was said and done in my section but all I can say is this....good riddance, and I hope now you, your coach, and ad can now put the 03 game to rest.

October 10, 2010, 07:38:46 AM
Reply #25

NUfan

• Cub

you are right, it was K-State and Nebraska in the big 8. Nebraska was all for the revenue sharing agreement when that was the case. When NU started losing the big bucks because their teams weren't as good, suddenly Texas was the evil money grubber. Yes, Texas has a ton of power in the Big 12. Yes, we make less money than they do. But the fact of the matter is that we don't have a national following and we are a small market program. We are much better off with the support of Texas than in trying to go it alone.

The difference here is that We get that. We understand that we are not the power brokers. We're OK with that. We take pride in the fact that we accomplish our success with less than others may have to. On the other hand, Nub fans seem to think they are the center of the universe. Boo Hoo, we don't get as much money as Texas. Sorry buddy, you don't generate as much money as Texas does either. No, you are that kid on the playground who is so used to winning, you think you are entitled to it. When another kid comes along, who is a little bigger, a little faster, and a little more attractive to the girls watching on the sidelines, you pick up the ball and run home whining about how unfair the world is.

You are right, CU is leaving too. Nobody has the venom for them because they left quietly and made no bones about it. What bothered people about the Nebraska situation has nothing to do with football, basketball, or any other athletic venture. It is the petty way you did it. Your school "leaked" so much trash about their superiority to the rest of the big 12 that it really was shameful. Now you expect us to sit back and be happy for you, respect you, applaud you? You were a family member who decided to hitch your wagon to another train and strike it on your own. Yes, we may have left too had a better deal come along and that's fine. We all need some change now and then. But on their out the door, your school crapped on the floor, told the world we deserved it because we aren't your equal, and were shocked when people took offense.

The funniest part of all of this is that as tradition focused as NU and the Big 10 are, both are going to regret this move. The state of Nebraska almost revolted when a stripe was added to the football uniforms in 03. How are they going to feel when those old cozy rivalries they've loved for so long are suddenly over. NU is quickly going to realize they're second fiddle again to Mich and OSU. They are now out of the Texas recruiting links. The foundation of their tradition is over.

The bottom line is Nebraska just wanted every member of the conference to have equal say in everything.  All the North division schools constantly voted all their power away to Texas because they were too proud to side with Nebraska.  Even though Nebraska was the one trying to look out for interests best iterests of those schools.

Call Nebraska fans whiney all you want, but it's a 2-way street.  The old Big 8 turned their backs on us years ago, and then seemed shocked when we left.

And no, nobody will regret leaving in a few years when Texas leaves you guys out to dry.  And Nebraska will always be able to recruit Texas, just like we've always been able to recruit California and Florida.  Most of our success came before we had conference ties with Texas, I don't see how that matters anyway.

October 10, 2010, 08:05:26 AM
Reply #26

unleashthemob

• Cub

Nebraska can say whatever about their winning tradition, but bottom line, its about money and since Kansas has two major universities......you people have no choices, your born and raised cornhuskers so yes even though you guys like to think your all classy and all, the reality is this....your still a bunch of Hicks, and the big ten powers will treat you that way...

October 10, 2010, 05:48:49 PM
Reply #27

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains

So I went and read for a good hour or so on that cute little link you posted, i'm glad you believe that a handful of idiots with a keyboard speak for a whole state. 

Do you really want to continue this arguement ?  This is only one of several sites I look at.  Cripes !

Funditus Classless

October 10, 2010, 06:06:36 PM
Reply #28

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains

The bottom line is Nebraska just wanted every member of the conference to have equal say in everything.  All the North division schools constantly voted all their power away to Texas because they were too proud to side with Nebraska.  Even though Nebraska was the one trying to look out for interests best iterests of those schools.

Call Nebraska fans whiney all you want, but it's a 2-way street.  The old Big 8 turned their backs on us years ago, and then seemed shocked when we left.

And no, nobody will regret leaving in a few years when Texas leaves you guys out to dry.  And Nebraska will always be able to recruit Texas, just like we've always been able to recruit California and Florida.  Most of our success came before we had conference ties with Texas, I don't see how that matters anyway.

For another point of view on who did what, read this thread:

http://www.big12warzone.com/forums/index.php?topic=12034.0

Funditus Classless

October 10, 2010, 06:27:19 PM
Reply #29

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
Yet another point of view and this is a columnist for the Omaha World-Herald:

Shatel - Omaha World-Herald.

Funditus Classless