Date: 04/06/24 - 08:08 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: NU vs. KSU - predictions  (Read 2788 times)

September 29, 2010, 10:08:28 AM
Read 2788 times

NUfan

• Cub

Hey guys n gals.  I have a little wager going on with a friend of mine, who happens to be a K-State fan.  He seems pretty confident that the Wildcats will beat the Huskers next Thursday.  I was just wondering how the average KSU fan thinks the game will turn out.

Daniel Thomas, in my opinion, is one of the best running backs in the country.  Nebraska has struggled to stop the run this year, so he could have a big night.  I just think the Huskers will key in on him, and force K-State to pass.  If that happens, I like Nebraska's chances.

Nebraska - 34
Kansas State - 10

September 29, 2010, 11:16:37 AM
Reply #1

unleashthemob

• Cub

Im not into predictions but this game could go down to coaching.  DT could be the Trojan horse so to speak, if nubb starts to key in on DT they may expose themselves in other areas, crowd will be another factor, and I personally don't see the big 12 officials favoring nubb much this year since basically they are not really a part of the big 12 anymore. Still nubb has more superior athletes in most key parts, so basically will come down to coaching and a little luck for the cats and that has happened before so what's the point of predicting....got to play the game, well all know about 10 pm a week from Thursday!!!! :banghead: :kstatriot:

September 29, 2010, 11:52:03 AM
Reply #2

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
Hey guys n gals.  I have a little wager going on with a friend of mine, who happens to be a K-State fan.  He seems pretty confident that the Wildcats will beat the Huskers next Thursday.  I was just wondering how the average KSU fan thinks the game will turn out.

Daniel Thomas, in my opinion, is one of the best running backs in the country.  Nebraska has struggled to stop the run this year, so he could have a big night.  I just think the Huskers will key in on him, and force K-State to pass.  If that happens, I like Nebraska's chances.

Nebraska - 34
Kansas State - 10

NUfan,

Thank you for the non-smack post.  I am not as confident in the 'Cats chances.  I think the Huskers will be UCF plus a lot more.  If the 'Cats give up several interceptions, then I think your prediction is a good one.  If we take care of the ball and get lucky with some turnovers then it will be a close game and KSU may pull out a close one.  BSFS should be rocking.

:kstatriot:
I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless

September 29, 2010, 01:17:50 PM
Reply #3

NUfan

• Cub

Nebraska - 34
Kansas State - 10

NUfan,

Thank you for the non-smack post.  I am not as confident in the 'Cats chances.  I think the Huskers will be UCF plus a lot more.  If the 'Cats give up several interceptions, then I think your prediction is a good one.  If we take care of the ball and get lucky with some turnovers then it will be a close game and KSU may pull out a close one.  BSFS should be rocking.

:kstatriot:

I'm not into smack-talk much, unless provoked lol.  I I don't know if my 34-10 prediction might be a little overly-confident.  I think barring a lot of injuries, KSU has a pretty good team, like a said Thomas is a great back, and Nebraska has certainly had it's struggles against lesser running teams.  If he gets it going, it could be a very close game. 

Sorry about posting this so early everyone.  Just excited to get the Big XII season underway. :thumbsup:

September 29, 2010, 10:48:53 PM
Reply #4

2 Handed Finger Roll

• Cub

We are a qb away from competing in this game. I think 34-10 is generous.

September 30, 2010, 02:32:55 AM
Reply #5

KSU78

• Cub

Who knows? Maybe coach Snyder will pull Billy Cosh's redshirt. I really want to see that kid play.
"Coach Snyder's plan works. What he does works." - Grant Gregory

September 30, 2010, 02:52:25 AM
Reply #6

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

This game was close with a decent team last season at YOU'RE place.

It will be fun.

September 30, 2010, 05:38:32 AM
Reply #7

NUfan

• Cub

I think the outcome of this game will depend on how Taylor Martinez plays.  He's an explosive runner no doubt, but his passing game is still suspect.  I think SDSU kinda exposed that Nebraska isn't going to consistantly be a threat stretching the field.  So I expect KSU to load the box and keep an eye on Martinez, Burkhead, and Helu.

Another thing is I think Martinez seems kind of fumble prone so far.  If the Wildcats can put some hands and helmets on the ball and knock it loose a couple times, I agree 34-10 is generous.  If Martinez comes out and plays like he did at Washington, it will be a long night for KSU.

And yes, this game is going to be A LOT of fun!

September 30, 2010, 11:38:44 AM
Reply #8

thehusker1

• Wannabe Rivals with KSU !
  • Cub

I honestly think Nebraska wins this game by a couple scores, a 28-14 or 31-17 type of game.  I think daniel thomas will have his few moments, but on thing to remember is that in our previous four games we've essentially been living off only the first page of the book on both sides of the ball.  I dont see our run defense as suspect whatsoever. Nebraska has givin up some yards on the ground but it comes down to points.  Carl Pelini seriously expressed the the run defense is NOT struggling by giving up 3-4 yards a carry,  If a team can march that way all the way down the field for a score without a penalty or negative play, all the power too em but theyre certainly not going to do it all night if needed to keep up with Nebraska offensively.  by dont 3-4 yards play requires such a high level of consistency and one mistake (penalty, no gain, loss play) puts the ball in the hands of Coffman, which is probably not a good thing for ksu. I expect Nebraska to no do anything fancy for thomas,just business as usual with the corners locking down the outside while the front sevent do their thing to contain and eliminate the big plays.  kansas st. is gonna have to have big plays to score some points.  Nu off versus ksu def is a more intriging matchup to me.  I'm really curious to see if we'll open the playbook up if needed against what it probably the most formidable we've faced this year just a week before Texas.  You talk about our lacking ability to stretch the field.  It's not lacking ability, we just have even tried it yet, we havent needed to, i believe it is coming once the focus grows on Martinez more.  crowd factor?   It wont be if washington wasnt.   Best of luck to kstate, looking forward to this final matchup.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:43:47 AM by thehusker1 »

October 01, 2010, 11:09:51 AM
Reply #9

unleashthemob

• Cub

Washington crowd isn't considered the angriest crowd in America....ask Pete Carol!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:12:12 AM by unleashthemob »

October 01, 2010, 11:31:45 AM
Reply #10

thehusker1

• Cub

angry or not, they are one of the loudest, it had little effect to none on our guys.  This is not demeaning, just fact.  40,000 fans, angry or not, are not going to affect anything.

October 01, 2010, 12:33:31 PM
Reply #11

cheapseats

• Cub

Whoever has the least turnovers will win this game.  Nebraska is way overrated. K-State is not a great team but better than the Nubs give them credit for. I predict an upset  K-State  28  Nebraska 17.

October 01, 2010, 01:02:20 PM
Reply #12

unleashthemob

• Cub

Been to a Washington game....atmosphere not the same not saying cats will win but playing aginst a north rival one last time will make the place rock.

October 01, 2010, 06:08:32 PM
Reply #13

NUfan

• Cub

angry or not, they are one of the loudest, it had little effect to none on our guys.  This is not demeaning, just fact.  40,000 fans, angry or not, are not going to affect anything.
It had an affect on our guys.  It jacked them up.  Our offense seems to do better on the road when there's a loud crowd to motivate them.  I say the angrier the better.

October 01, 2010, 09:21:59 PM
Reply #14

thehusker1

• Cub

It not disagreeing the place will be rocking, or "angry" for that matter (i still dont fully understand what this means).  It should be that way, it shows enthusiasm for the fan base.  But to imply that the ksu crowd will cause a more negative reaction from the nebraska players because it is "angry", well that is just naive or gullible or something.  If that wasnt implied, then i apologize and please disregard all my previous statements.  That's just the way i took it.

October 02, 2010, 10:17:20 AM
Reply #15

unleashthemob

• Cub

Bill Snyder usually don't have the most superior athletes like the huskers, but his teams seem to play with a chip on their shoulder, and that mentality carries over to fan base, Pete Carol saw that so basically its merely a tongue and cheek statement, don't try reading into more than what's there. Magic games can bring out the best  in some players, just saying.....heart can beat superior,  David and Goliath so to speak...03 b12
 championship game, all the talk was how the cats had no shot at defeating the greatest college. football team ever created by God...heart and a.   few breaks cats have a chance...just saying, has.       
nothing to do with being naive or gullible, its
about believing and if you, than you have a chance...hope that clears it u :love:p :combofan:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:54:14 AM by unleashthemob »

October 02, 2010, 10:43:59 AM
Reply #16

royalswild

• Cub

Bill Snyder usually don't the most superior athletes like the huskers, but his teams seem to play with a chip on their shoulder, and that mentality carries over to fan base, Pete Carol saw that so basically its merely a tongue and cheek statement, don't try reading into more than what's there. Magic games can bring out the best in some players, just saying.....heart can beat superior,       nDavid and Goliath so to speak...03 b12 championship game, all the talk was how the cats had no shot at defeating the greatest college. football team ever created by God...heart and a few breaks cats have a chance...just saying, has nothing to do with being naive or gullible, its about believing and if you always believe you have a chance, than you have a chance...hope that clears it up :combofan:
To be fair, Sproles and Roberson were playing that year.  K-state themselves that year were pretty damn close to a national title game.  That K-State team was no fluke.

October 02, 2010, 12:38:48 PM
Reply #17

unleashthemob

• Cub

That team lost a bunch of games early.....one to Marshall at home..they came together late in the season, it was still a workman like team with a couple of athletic players....cats most athletic team was 1998, and we lost a shot at playing for a NC because Texas a&am had more heart on that day.....like I said heart sometimes overcomes talent
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:42:07 AM by unleashthemob »

October 02, 2010, 09:14:51 PM
Reply #18

unleashthemob

• Cub

Cats played 15 games that year, ell played in thirteen of them. He was hurt early in the mcneese St game missed the u mass and Marshall game, started and lost to Texas and Oklahoma st...Darren sporles played in all 15 games that year...just saying..I made it to every game that year except the Texas and Nebraska game
 I was just trying to say that the media was the ones who proclaimed Oklahomas team that year as the greatest team ever.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:43:14 PM by unleashthemob »

October 04, 2010, 01:30:17 PM
Reply #19

premierkc

• Cub

i think last year's score will be accurate
Nubb 17
KSU 3, the cats threaten to get back in it but trip on their shoelaces too many times

October 04, 2010, 09:41:47 PM
Reply #20

thehusker1

• Cub

I think both offenses have too many (or too much of a) weapons to be that low scoring, not to mention young Taylor Martinez is probably going to make a mistake or two allowing kstate somewhere in the 7-14 points range.  i feel more of a 35-17ish or 28-14,10ish type of game.  Close at half but end of 3rd into the fourth Neb depth and talent takes over.   Pelini is a "process" type of coach so Nebraska IS prepared for a four quarter game.  I am also fully prepared to see Daniel Thomas run for a good buck fifty if not more, but as Bo said today in his press conference, yards dont matter, it's about points.

October 05, 2010, 08:58:13 PM
Reply #21

Cole

• Cub

Snyder can out-couch Pelini. Def at home. 24-21. 'Cats.
 :steadymobbin': :kstatriot: EMAW-GO STATE.

October 06, 2010, 10:36:48 AM
Reply #22

unleashthemob

• Cub

STwo years ago some cornhusker gal puked her nachos and vodka all over my back while watching the game.....since this is our last meeting for a while and possibly ever.....all I can say is "BOYS, AVENGE ME, AVEEEEEEENGE ME!!!!!!!!!!! :combofan: :redface:

October 07, 2010, 12:19:03 AM
Reply #23

GBRsal

• Cub

if they had running water in womanhattan so you guys could shower once in a while, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.

October 07, 2010, 07:58:38 AM
Reply #24

krpickett

• Cub

Give'em hell KSU!!!!  Send them out with a bang.  Mizzou fans are pulling for you!!

October 07, 2010, 02:03:16 PM
Reply #25

HuskerOne

• Cub

My prediction is 42-13 Nebraska. I think the game starts close as the teams figure each other out. Thomas will gain a decent amount of yards, but the Blackshirts will stiffen near the goallines. I think Nebraska's offense will have some explosive plays on both sides, with long TD runs and passes on offense and a couple of INTs on defense, with a real possibility of one being returned for a touchdown.

The crowd will be crazy and Snyder's a heck of a coach, but Nebraska comes ready to play and just has too much talent. Nebraska leads most of the game and pulls away as the game progresses. 42-13.

October 07, 2010, 05:56:01 PM
Reply #26

thehusker1

• Cub

Give'em hell KSU!!!!  Send them out with a bang.  Mizzou fans are pulling for you!!

Oh boy, the cats got us now  :rolleyes:

October 07, 2010, 08:34:34 PM
Reply #27

Suh4Heisman

• Cub

I predict that South Dakota St proved they are literally better than Kansas St

October 07, 2010, 11:22:11 PM
Reply #28

Kfan

• Cub

Humiliating to say the least. Chad May AND Michel Bishop would be hiding their eyes after this humiliation. This so called Snyder era is in full swing lets Drop Oregon Ducks from the schedule and make Snyder happy , yay!! back to Snyder -puff football folks, live with it. See, Snyder has built his career on Future HAS BEEN players Chad may Michal Bishop Kevin lockett Newman,  sproles  and canty) . And that was out of 7 of the 11 Snyder games (bowl games).  3 of which have been true NFL caliber.  welcome back to your past folks and your future. you will NEVER be a ND Florida State even VT or a Georgia, USC, Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St, ODuck, Texas, OU, Miami, WOW this is sad huh?? as Snyder would say at least u have family and morals. But  as all these teams including ours has been in the NCAA's cross hairs THEY have national championships  and for the ones that don't they have respect EVEN when they loose and Snyder era, OR era's will NEVER have that. so u cheer for nothing folks, nothing.  I always thought that Ron Prince was a bad Idea for KSU but there is one thing he had... A DREAM. A national Championship I would take ANY coach That had at least That dream Or ambition. Snyder said himself That Kansas state lost their self  and he wanted to bring that back. Well as the as the people and myself would agree what is the real goal. Where is the money for the city and university, I could tell u that ND, Florida State even VT or a Georgia, USC, Ohio St., Michigan, Michigan St, ODuck, Texas, OU, Miami, have figured that out and  if you have to think about it you're not a Alumni OR a fan. Snyder is a Band-Aid he knows it. We will never see the Respect Those teams do PERIOD!!!

October 08, 2010, 12:15:11 AM
Reply #29

GBRsal

• Cub

So - what did you dudes think of Speedy Gonzales? :angryMJ: