Date: 29/03/24 - 07:02 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: So now I'm browsing...  (Read 3851 times)

February 11, 2010, 06:37:06 PM
Read 3851 times

acceleration_man

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Tearin' it up on the Next Level!
    • FinesseFX
... KSU boards with two tabs in Firefox. Thanks a lot, everyone.  :'( I'm torn, and don't understand all the politics, other than the fact that there were some trigger-happy crybabies that left for the other site, and that there was some serious lack of communication/resentment by some of the admins on this site.

However, OK_Cat is posting mostly on the other site, so that gets KSUFans some serious bonus points in my book.  :peek:

The whole thing just stinks. TP and MJ are still cool in my book (when they have a level head about them), and the other site has some serious grassroots non-affiliated stuff going for it. On the other hand, this seems like home, and every1 was really dumb to give MJ so much grief over one or two outages.

I have some knowledge of these things (and have been the sole administrator a SMF forum before), and some of the complaints are simply crybabyness and ignorance. The site grew exponentially and was really at an apex. Perhaps it was getting too big to continue to exist with the philosophies that founded it. I find that sad.

Anyway... just wanted to get that off my chest. Thank you for not deleting my thread.

:kstatriot:

February 11, 2010, 08:11:08 PM
Reply #1

Dirty Sanchez

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Powertard Un-approved
Giving mj crap about outages goes with the territory.  The WZ can hardly go a month without someone cracking on the "taco bender" for the hamsters resting for a couple of hours and going  :runaway: that the board will crash and delete history for the fourth or fifth time.

February 11, 2010, 10:24:37 PM
Reply #2

acceleration_man

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Tearin' it up on the Next Level!
    • FinesseFX
I understand about the complaining... that it will happen. Just like outages will invariably happen at some point. But to use it as one of the springboards for launching a whole new fan board is ridiculous IMO.

February 12, 2010, 02:28:06 PM
Reply #3

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

sd slept with tp's mom and that cause the split.  everything else is smoke and mirrors. 

I still want my cooler, bitches!

February 12, 2010, 04:49:56 PM
Reply #4

ArchE_Cat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    ksufanscopycat
sd slept with tp's mom and that cause the split.  everything else is smoke and mirrors. 

so is SD going to be TP's new daddy :dunno: is that what you are trying to say?

February 12, 2010, 10:52:03 PM
Reply #5

kshox

• Cub

WTF is it with us. I know, I know Angriest F'n Fan Base In America :blahblah: but is it not possible for us to go more than a year or two without having to create a new message board and start telling everybody how bad the other site is? I mean seriously, for as much as we try and claim EMAW and  :kstatriot: there sure is alot of infighting. How bout we spend less of our anger on other 'Cat fans and more on our rivals.

February 16, 2010, 12:24:49 PM
Reply #6

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
sd slept with tp's mom and that cause the split.  everything else is smoke and mirrors.  

No, SD actually is TP's biological father.  TP has some serious Oedipus issues going on.

February 16, 2010, 09:41:27 PM
Reply #7

FBWillie

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

Where's this new elite board?  I've been out of the loop.
The comments posted above do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of FBWillie

February 16, 2010, 11:04:52 PM
Reply #8

dr00d

• Cub

• EMAW
depends on your definition of elite.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:32:40 AM by dr00d »

February 17, 2010, 10:27:26 PM
Reply #9

Houstoncat93

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    It's good to be good again!

elite sites do not need to use acronyms in their names.

February 17, 2010, 11:13:23 PM
Reply #10

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...

:confused:
“My arm gets tired from doing this,” said coach Bill Snyder, waving his arm.

February 17, 2010, 11:16:56 PM
Reply #11

kshox

• Cub

Does it count as being elite if only you and your buds think you're elite?

February 18, 2010, 01:09:05 AM
Reply #12

dr00d

• Cub

• EMAW

Does it count as being elite if only you and your buds think you're elite?

LMAO, why the sock?  :ku:

FYI-never said anything about my site being elite.

February 18, 2010, 02:53:38 PM
Reply #13

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

February 23, 2010, 11:10:33 AM
Reply #14

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
450 tabs here

Didn't realize the Klan had that many sites...

February 23, 2010, 02:12:35 PM
Reply #15

ew2x4

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    I'm with Coco.

:confused:

lol, I guess this one isn't elite then.

February 23, 2010, 02:22:21 PM
Reply #16

pwrcat1

• Cub

This board now averages one post every couple hours.   :lol: :flush:

February 24, 2010, 01:33:30 AM
Reply #17

dlew12

• Premium Member
  • Cub

sd slept with tp's mom and that cause the split.  everything else is smoke and mirrors.  

No, SD actually is TP's biological father.  TP has some serious Oedipus issues going on.
:lol: This is hilarious...Considering the fact that two years ago no one would have had a place to post if it hadn't been for me or someone else stepping up to buy the site. The people who created the other site had the chance too. But they chose to use SD, Saul, and _fans knowledge of what we did with ksufans to create another site after the fact. AS far as SD...I own that guy he knows it and all of you do. He will be paying me a portion of his bi-weekly check here pretty soon. I guess you could all consider it child support.  :fatty:

I guess I just don't get all the animosity.  It's not like the other site is getting any money out of the deal...just differing opinions on how a KSU bbs should be run.  I can say that as a premium poster, this pissing contest is a pretty big turn off.

February 24, 2010, 07:28:37 AM
Reply #18

bigshotattorneycat

• Cub

:lol: This is hilarious...Considering the fact that two years ago no one would have had a place to post if it hadn't been for me or someone else stepping up to buy the site. The people who created the other site had the chance too. But they chose to use SD, Saul, and _fans knowledge of what we did with ksufans to create another site after the fact. AS far as SD...I own that guy he knows it and all of you do. He will be paying me a portion of his bi-weekly check here pretty soon. I guess you could all consider it child support.  :fatty:

:users:

February 24, 2010, 10:12:30 PM
Reply #19

dr00d

• Cub

• EMAW

No, SD actually is TP's biological father.  TP has some serious Oedipus issues going on.
:lol: This is hilarious...Considering the fact that two years ago no one would have had a place to post if it hadn't been for me or someone else stepping up to buy the site. The people who created the other site had the chance too. But they chose to use SD, Saul, and _fans knowledge of what we did with ksufans to create another site after the fact. AS far as SD...I own that guy he knows it and all of you do. He will be paying me a portion of his bi-weekly check here pretty soon. I guess you could all consider it child support.  :fatty:

Actually your first line isn't true at all.  I created my website (which is filtered as well) because I expected no one to foot 5k for a message board.  As we have learned, message boards are NOT difficult to set up and if you hadn't come along, we would of just moved on to the next board.  This is the way of the internet.  Everybody wants stuff on the internet for free and if they can't find it, they just move on. Think of people as nomadic tribes...they just keep moving until they find a nice place to lay down.  The same thing will happen at the 'other site' as soon as the balance tips as several of their 'admins' get their feelings hurt, just like what happened on this site.

February 28, 2010, 03:52:40 PM
Reply #20

Houstoncat93

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    It's good to be good again!

No, SD actually is TP's biological father.  TP has some serious Oedipus issues going on.
:lol: This is hilarious...Considering the fact that two years ago no one would have had a place to post if it hadn't been for me or someone else stepping up to buy the site. The people who created the other site had the chance too. But they chose to use SD, Saul, and _fans knowledge of what we did with ksufans to create another site after the fact. AS far as SD...I own that guy he knows it and all of you do. He will be paying me a portion of his bi-weekly check here pretty soon. I guess you could all consider it child support.  :fatty:

Actually your first line isn't true at all.  I created my website (which is filtered as well) because I expected no one to foot 5k for a message board.  As we have learned, message boards are NOT difficult to set up and if you hadn't come along, we would of just moved on to the next board.  This is the way of the internet.  Everybody wants stuff on the internet for free and if they can't find it, they just move on. Think of people as nomadic tribes...they just keep moving until they find a nice place to lay down.  The same thing will happen at the 'other site' as soon as the balance tips as several of their 'admins' get their feelings hurt, just like what happened on this site.

austin360 --->gobig12 ---->kstatefans ----->ksufans ------->everymanawildcat----->"g"oemaw---->whatever is next

Messageboards die when they try to be a business.  They are best when its just a bunch of fans hanging out talking about their team.  Same vibe that happens at a sports bar....except no beer.

March 04, 2010, 02:30:17 AM
Reply #21

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

450 tabs here

Didn't realize the Klan had that many sites...

Those Klan sites have hot white chicks bro!  You should check them out. :nahnah: