Date: 19/04/24 - 09:05 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Can someone please explain. . .  (Read 2942 times)

February 11, 2010, 03:18:12 PM
Read 2942 times

Dick Knewheizel

• Cub

. . .the politics and/or other reasons for the "split"

I keep reading inferences to this "split", but wasn't paying attention when everything went down. 

TIA

P.S.

The "split" does not refer to  :tongue:, it refers to the exodus of posters to XXxxxx.xom

February 11, 2010, 03:21:28 PM
Reply #1

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows
I think it is a complete shame that the guys who left used a complete and utter fairy tale to convince others to leave. Here is the truth about what has happened and what is going to happen going forward with this site. Anyone who left could agree that I have always asked their input in trying to keep ksufans.com FOR FANS BY FANS OF KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY. Here is the open book...Oh and ksufanscopycat.com is the word filter for the name of their site.

First off let me start off by saying that I thank each and every one of you that are still premium members of this site. I do understand that there hasn't been much posted here and that it needs to be corrected immediately. Part of it is the crazy schedule that I have been on with my other work. Another part of it, is the sheer lack of resources that have been put towards what we are trying to build here. The most talked about part of it is that our website just was not built to do the things that we are trying to get done now and having to deal with the legal issues that are arising as a result. This leads me to making sure that those who care most (premium member) know and understand the truth behind what has been happening.

The Other Site, Banned Former Members and Admins, and the Truth

Of course all of you guys are aware that the site was down because of some crazy technical things that had been happening behind the scenes. Many believe that this is the reason why we have already began moving the site to a different server but that is very far from the truth. Ok, let's talk about the other site and how this all came to be...

SteveDave contacts me bitching about the fact that it took too long for us to get the scoreboard up. He tells me that we are doing a horrible job and offers to buy the site from me via email. I tell him not to worry and that we are getting things taken care of and that the price he offered wasn't even close to something I would entertain.
SD's Email:
ksufans
Mon, January 18, 2010 4:22:28 PM
xxxxx xxxxx<[email protected]>  [Chat now] 
Add to Contacts
To:   [email protected] 
Hey Terry, site is finally back up.  Biggest game of the year tonight so this was not a good 3/4 hours to be down.  I've spoken to a friend of mine that is in IT/Web Hosting and he said that some investment in the site infrastructure and getting it onto a better server and with a professional we host would fix the problems.  This, of course, would cost money.  Like I mentioned earlier, I would like to buy the site from you if you are interested.  Given the IT investment needed I can offer you $1,500 for the site as is.  Let me know your thoughts.  I just want it to be stable and maintain itself.  I doubt I would ever be able to make money with it.  You know how much time I spend on it and how much I love the community. 

xxxxx xxxxx
"steve dave"

After I declined the offer SD then called me about what the offer could be. Notice that the email was dated Jan 18th. Also notice the date that their website had been created in this information I got from GoDaddy.com...
Registrant:
yyyyy yyyyy
yyyyy
yyyyy
yyyyy,yyyyy  yyyyy
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ksufanscopycat.COM
Created on: 20-Jan-10
Expires on: 20-Jan-11
Last Updated on: 22-Jan-10

For those of you that don't know yyyyy yyyyy is/was TRIM on our message board and is the main administrator on their website. I later found out that SD and many others had been planning to re-create ksufans.com as their own site but were having some troubles getting everything set up so this was the reason for the call on Jan 21st. On that call SD talked more about purchasing the site and finding a number that made sense for me to sell. I told him at that time that we had been planning on making a move to a different server and that things had been taken care of.
Little did he know at that time that I had already been having conversation with several other ESPN Affiliate sites. Since last summer, our co-op of sites (which includes every ESPN Affiliate site from insidetexas.com to insidetheu.com...the list can be found at the top of the homepage) had been talking about being about to use the same information by creating a central website where we could all pull information written by any other site into our site as premium information. This would also allow ESPN to pull stories from there as front page information. This can be seen on ESPN already, but the idea was to make it a lot easier. KSUfans.com was one of the few sites that are structured very differently and located on servers that couldn't handle all that we would need. MJ and I had been having that conversation as well.

On the phone call with SD I mentioned that we would be making a move to a different server. I named several sites one of which was theshiver.com. Others included Duckterritory.com, Memphisroar.com, KentuckyInk.com, VolNation.com, and IrishSportsDaily.com. I never once said that I would be giving up any kind of ownership to make it happen. Remember as said before we are a cooperative. We work together to make the entire network better.
Anyway, This conversation turned out to be the catalyst that SD and his buddies needed to try and pull members of KSUfans.com to their site. Many think that it was emoticons that caused the issue because I mentioned them in a post responding to SD's comments. I want to assure all of you that emoticons have the least to do with it. The emoticons just show that there was a direct attempt at recreating ksufans.com. The worst is that SD and a couple others used their positions within our site to get all the information and technical workings of the site to create their own. The other part to it is that they used information such as emails/pms to contact our existing members to persuade them to move to their site, using falsified information. If any of you remember this looks a lot like what happened with Fitz and Purple Pride. Here's the PM that was sent to our members as proof preceded by SD's resigning from being an admin. Again notice the dates...

steve dave
Classless Cat
All American

Romantic Fist Attachment

View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Offline)

Admin
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:35:09 pm »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove Split TopicSplit Topic
Hey guys, I'm stepping down as an administrator.  I appreciate the opportunity and enjoyed helping out with the site.  Good luck with everything going forward.  If someone would change me to just a regular poster I would appreciate it.  EMAW.

How many of you have received this PM?

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to [email protected] cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta127.mail.ac4.yahoo.com

Fw: New Personal Message: Exodus
New Personal Message: Exodus
Monday, January 25, 2010 10:13:45 AM
"KSU Fans" <[email protected]>
To:
"" <[email protected]>
You have just been sent a personal message by Pete on KSU Fans.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Fellas,

Given recent events on the board (Terry giving 25% ownership to ku guy Matt Scott who bashed Frank, etc), service outages, and other “issues,” a group of EMAW have created a new site… www.ksufanscopycat.com

This site is owned/operated/patronized by a large group of guys from the site. Steve Dave, Trim, Chingon, Rick Daris, Saulbadguy, ksu_FAN, ‘Clams, Rusty (Michigancat), Jeffrey Martin, and myself.

We had been planning on launching the site in a few weeks, but we are kicking it off now. We are migrating all of our own posting to ksufanscopycat.com, and we’d love for each of you guys to be a part of it. This site is going to be what we have all come to know a love….a FREE site for KSU fans, no bannings, no post deleting, no bullcrap…the way ksufans grew up, and the way ksufanscopycat will STAY!

There will be some big stuff coming later (regular blogs from real sports writer types, fancy score updates and standings, and all kinds of other great crap. Again, it will be free, and it will stay free.

Hope to see you guys posting on ksufanscopycat.com

Pete

The reason why we got this PM is because it is automatically sent to MJ and myself if there is a message that is sent back undeliverable. As you all can see, ksufans.com has done nothing wrong here and is ultimately being hurt by some created conspiracy. The evidence here for you to see because I think it is important that you guys know. I will post part of this next week to the announcements section also to let the rest of our membership know what has happened.

Myself and MJ have only been interested in creating a site that reports on what is really going on within KSU sports. I am in the process of hiring a couple writers to help with providing content and I will continue with the FB information. The signing day piece will be done by tomorrow night. I will discuss each of the signees in detail and address their position on the team. Afterwards we will continue to follow what is happening in basketball and post as much as we can. I will continue posting about FB heading into spring football and keeping an eye on the recruits that we are after for signing day 2011. I will announce when we have new writers hired so that we can provide as much content as possible. Again, thanks to all of you who have remained premium members and I assure you that I will work to make sure that we make all of the things mentioned here happen.

Edited to blank out real names, postal addresses, and email addressess.  -  cyclist

-------------------

If you were planning on posting this to the other site. yoga like abana has already accomplished it for you...Here are their comments...
OK_Cat
Fan

View Profile

Re: The Truth Shall Set You Free
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:14:58 PM »

lol

Terry is coming off like a whiny bitch.  It's a fracking messageboard, not an international billion dollar industry.

Mediocre college fball player/washed out nfl player trying to pick fights on the internet.   lol
pissclams
Global Moderator
Combo-Fan

(worst non-premium poster at ksufanscopycat.com)

View Profile

Re: The Truth Shall Set You Free
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:15:15 PM »

so MJ was reading all the "Private Messages" over there  Run away

Washed out NFL Player. YES. Mediocre college football player.  LOL That was a reach. OKCat you're a real winner! Cheers .
And No MJ nor I read PM's at ksufans.com. If you look at the post you will notice that while they were trying steal members from this site, they made the mistake of trying to send an email to an account that no longer existed. That's the only way we saw the PM. They just know that now that we know...There is no denying what they tried to do. Call me a  Crybaby all you want.

-------------------------

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:SzR1anK96mgJ:www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php%3Ftopic%3D49835+The+only+thing+left+is+the+fact+that+ku+person+will+be+managing+the+hosting.+I+don%27t+know+what+that+means+in+terms+of+how+the+site+will+operate+in+the+general+scheme+of+things.+I+have+tried+to+keep+an+open+forum+with+restrained+moderation+but+the+new+operators+may+not+have+that.+You+may+also+be+subject+to+other+things,+such+as+prying+into+your+private+PM%27s+and+so+forth.+I+am+hopeful+that+these+things+don%27t+happen,+but+I+will+have+no+control+over+that.+It%27s+obvious+that+you+want+the+site+to+be+more+responsive+and+to+enjoy+what+you+have,+but+change+invariably+means+just+that.+Just+know+that+with+change+things+may+not+be+what+you+hoped.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

February 11, 2010, 04:53:37 PM
Reply #2

ArchE_Cat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    ksufanscopycat
can't believe this hasn't been deleted. Didn't yoga-like abana get banned for posting this? If he did, that's a pretty dick head move.

February 11, 2010, 04:59:58 PM
Reply #3

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains
can't believe this hasn't been deleted. Didn't yoga-like abana get banned for posting this? If he did, that's a pretty dick head move.

Well, most/ possibly all of jeffy's post was in the Announcements board or in the 'Where did the powerorb go ?" thread...
I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless

February 11, 2010, 05:04:57 PM
Reply #4

ECN

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

WHo is deleting all this stufferz?
We all know there's been a conspiracy. Only the failures have been recorded.
We all pay too much attention to Icarus, and not enough to his father.

February 11, 2010, 08:49:39 PM
Reply #5

Thin Blue Line

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

February 11, 2010, 10:54:29 PM
Reply #6

ArchE_Cat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    ksufanscopycat

February 12, 2010, 12:13:56 PM
Reply #7

Joker

• Cub

• Personal Text
    IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!!!
I didn't even know anyone left...

February 12, 2010, 12:32:30 PM
Reply #8

85catbacker

• Cub

could somebody please reader's digest in plain English what Jeffy posted?

February 19, 2010, 10:52:01 PM
Reply #9

ChicagoCat

• Cub

-> Site had outages
-> Last straw for some posters (along with premium issues), they tried to buy the site
-> TP said their offer was too low and he was moving it to be hosted by the same server that hosts a uk bbs
-> Split group says he is giving uk site 25% of rev (TP disputes this, deleted MJ post seems to confirm this)
-> Posters leave and create another board
-> A mysterious poster named "nunyabizness" says TP is going to sue them (Emoticon theft an issue, citing the Supreme Court case "ICQ v Geocities").  No further word on how this lawsuit is progressing, I believe they are still working on setting dates/prelim stuff.

Thats the basic summary.  Its all about whos accoutn you believe.  Personally, I think Dobbs was behind it all in a clever ploy to become a Mod  :dunno:

February 19, 2010, 11:33:00 PM
Reply #10

dobbie4ksu

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    KSUfans.com will become the #1 Kstate sports BBS!

-> Site had outages
-> Last straw for some posters (along with premium issues), they tried to buy the site
-> TP said their offer was too low and he was moving it to be hosted by the same server that hosts a uk bbs
-> Split group says he is giving uk site 25% of rev (TP disputes this, deleted MJ post seems to confirm this)
-> A mysterious poster named "nunyabizness" says TP is going to sue them (Emoticon theft an issue, citing the Supreme Court case "ICQ v Geocities").  No further word on how this lawsuit is progressing, I believe they are still working on setting dates/prelim stuff.

Thats the basic summary.  Its all about whos accoutn you believe.  Personally, I think Dobbs was behind it all in a clever ploy to become a Mod  :dunno:
How is Chi Cat not a mod? Dude is smart as hell figured me out lol
"I don't know if I will be able to knock out as many teeth as big Lu, but I hope to pick up on the scoring and rebounding aspects." Wally Judge talking about being a biig of the future for KSU!

February 20, 2010, 10:16:53 PM
Reply #11

ChicagoCat

• Cub

-> Site had outages

:impatient:

February 26, 2010, 06:31:48 PM
Reply #12

ChicagoCat

• Cub

-> Site had outages

:users:

February 26, 2010, 07:21:09 PM
Reply #13

cyclist

• Classless Cat
  • Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    King of the Mountains

-> Site had outages

:users:

:yoda:
I love the smell of peat in the evening.  That smell, you know that earthy smell...  Smells like...whisky !

Funditus Classless