Date: 24/04/24 - 18:56 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Chefs draft  (Read 8824 times)

December 13, 2009, 08:35:51 PM
Read 8824 times

Dirty Sanchez

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Powertard Un-approved
Despite how bad they are, they are sitting right now in a position to get the 5th pick.  A loss to Cleveland next week would be huge, but still would put them in place for a 4th/5th pick.

StL, TB with 1 win, Cle and Det with 2.  Fortunately Washington won today to give the Chefs the advantage over them.

December 13, 2009, 09:29:39 PM
Reply #1

catsfan20052006

• Senior Cub

I'm back on the Chiefs bandwagon and seeing signs of progress. While I don't want to see them tank I wouldn't be against seeing Ndamukong Suh in a Chiefs uniform next season. 
Resident of KSUfans.com

December 13, 2009, 09:46:40 PM
Reply #2

McGrowlTowelZac

• Premium Member
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    This ZERO is my Hero
I'm back on the Chiefs bandwagon and seeing signs of progress. While I don't want to see them tank I wouldn't be against seeing Ndamukong Suh in a Chiefs uniform next season. 

Please share.  Cause as of now I haven't seen one truly redeemable player...Succup and Colquitt maybe.

December 13, 2009, 10:00:22 PM
Reply #3

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan
I'm back on the Chiefs bandwagon and seeing signs of progress. While I don't want to see them tank I wouldn't be against seeing Ndamukong Suh in a Chiefs uniform next season
You won't.

December 13, 2009, 11:43:22 PM
Reply #4

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
Yes, good idea to draft 3 defensive lineman top 5 3 years in a row.  God no.
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

December 14, 2009, 09:34:45 AM
Reply #5

catsfan20052006

• Senior Cub

You gotta hit on one eventually. At least they've been competitive for the most part this season.
Resident of KSUfans.com

December 14, 2009, 10:23:22 AM
Reply #6

Dirty Sanchez

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Powertard Un-approved

You gotta hit on one eventually. At least they've been competitive for the most part this season.

For the love of God, please stop.

December 14, 2009, 10:46:05 AM
Reply #7

The42Yardstick

• Argyle Square
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    *A GREAT RUMBLING OF BASS AND MUCH SHAKING*
Ok here's my first pick

Second pick

:jeffy:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:47:46 AM by The42Yardstick »
(Thanks to cyclist for the avatar)

Tired of all the angry? Come to me for your daily dose of "meh."

December 14, 2009, 11:52:52 AM
Reply #8

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
^ Food Network in HD, fabulous.
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

December 14, 2009, 05:38:09 PM
Reply #9

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

I would love to see the Chiefs draft Jordan Shipley if he is available in the 2nd round.

December 14, 2009, 09:59:13 PM
Reply #10

McGrowlTowelZac

• Premium Member
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    This ZERO is my Hero
I would love to see the Chiefs draft Jordan Shipley if he is available in the 2nd round.

After they take Banks #1 right?

December 14, 2009, 10:13:38 PM
Reply #11

rundown87

lol, progress.  Funny stuff.  Chiefs are really bad.  Cassel is really bad.  Chiefs receivers hands are really bad.  Their defense is really bad.  Their offensive line is really bad.  Charles is fast, punter is good, kicker is decent.

December 14, 2009, 10:21:30 PM
Reply #12

McGrowlTowelZac

• Premium Member
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    This ZERO is my Hero
lol, progress.  Funny stuff.  Chiefs are really bad.  Cassel is really bad.  Chiefs receivers hands are really bad.  Their defense is really bad.  Their offensive line is really bad.  Charles is fast, punter is good, kicker is decent.

You're giving them too much credit calling them 'bad.'

December 14, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Reply #13

rundown87

You're giving them too much credit calling them 'bad.'

I wasn't wanting to use a lot of adjectives.

December 28, 2009, 07:02:44 PM
Reply #14

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
Looks like the Chiefs will draft 3rd, if they take care of business and lose in week 17.

STL picks first, then Detroit, then we have the tie breaker over Tampa Bay because KC had an easier schedule. (schedule strength is the first tie breaker).  http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

December 28, 2009, 07:19:54 PM
Reply #15

catsfan20052006

• Senior Cub

HCTH gets alot of crap from the media and the fans and, in his defense, I don't think that Don Shula could win with this bunch so I'm much more patient. However, with guys like Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan available do you think it's a possibility that we make a change?
Resident of KSUfans.com

December 28, 2009, 10:04:48 PM
Reply #16

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
HCTH gets alot of crap from the media and the fans and, in his defense, I don't think that Don Shula could win with this bunch so I'm much more patient. However, with guys like Bill Cowher and Mike Shanahan available do you think it's a possibility that we make a change?

Nope.  Not a chance.

That would challenge Scott Peoli's status as resident big shot.

December 29, 2009, 03:42:25 PM
Reply #17

CatsNShocks

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    There's a new sheriff in town.
So, who do they draft at the 3 spot?
Wish it was Suh, but he'll be gone by then.

December 29, 2009, 11:28:26 PM
Reply #18

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
Gotta be an o-lineman or trade down if possible.

December 31, 2009, 02:47:23 PM
Reply #19

Pete

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hicks
Gotta be an o-lineman or trade down if possible.

They have two #2 picks.  I doubt that they'll force a position with the first pick.  I hope they trade out of that spot, but we all thought that Peoli would do that last year as well.

December 31, 2009, 04:30:55 PM
Reply #20

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

I still can't believe we chose Tyson fracking Jackson with the 3rd overall pick. Right now, it looks like we are going to draft offensive lineman Russell Okung from Okie State.

January 01, 2010, 12:34:51 PM
Reply #21

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
I still can't believe we chose Tyson fracking Jackson with the 3rd overall pick. Right now, it looks like we are going to draft offensive lineman Russell Okung from Okie State.

Or Berry from Tenn.

January 04, 2010, 07:55:16 PM
Reply #22

Dirty Sanchez

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Powertard Un-approved
That win yesterday cost 1 and possibly 2 draft spots.  The one mock I can find has Bryant or, if he falls, Okung.  Either way, its okie lite.

January 04, 2010, 08:02:00 PM
Reply #23

phicat1448

• Cub

• Personal Text
    7-5 ^idiot
That win yesterday cost 1 and possibly 2 draft spots.  The one mock I can find has Bryant or, if he falls, Okung.  Either way, its okie lite.

the win yesterday was worth losing one draft spot imo

January 04, 2010, 08:22:28 PM
Reply #24

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!

Si. Whenever you can knock your rival out of a playoff spot it is worthwhile...

As for the draft, I say Chiefs have got to draft two O-Linemen, a RB, a WR, & an LB?

January 04, 2010, 10:52:54 PM
Reply #25

rundown87

As for the draft, I say Chiefs have got to draft two O-Linemen, a RB, a WR, & an LB?

Didn't knock Denver out of the playoffs.  Actually helped us out, you guys get a worse draft pick (in theory), we get a better draft pick (in theory), and we aren't in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of that game.  Thanks for the help, Chiefs.

January 04, 2010, 11:38:45 PM
Reply #26

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!

Didn't knock Denver out of the playoffs.  Actually helped us out, you guys get a worse draft pick (in theory), we get a better draft pick (in theory), and we aren't in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of that game.  Thanks for the help, Chiefs.

Broncos still had an outside shot at the playoffs. That's why I said they knocked them out of a playoff spot...

January 06, 2010, 09:43:37 AM
Reply #27

catsfan20052006

• Senior Cub

It sounds like the Rams aren't sold on Suh. What would it take for the Chiefs to trade up from #5 to #2 to get him or would the price be way too high?

I'm also hearing that a new offensive coordinator is definately coming to KC this week. If it's not Charlie Weis I've heard that Brian Schottenheimer of the Jets or Mike Miller of the Cardinals who HCTH coached with are possibilities.

I'm also hearing that the Chiefs are going to have competition from the Giants for Romeo Crennel.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:48:21 AM by catsfan20052006 »
Resident of KSUfans.com

January 06, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
Reply #28

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

It sounds like the Rams aren't sold on Suh. What would it take for the Chiefs to trade up from #5 to #2 to get him or would the price be way too high?

They wouldn't do that.

January 06, 2010, 10:34:11 AM
Reply #29

Oklahoma_Cat

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    ANGRY AS F*CK
I'm reading on ESPN.com that a new offensive coordinator is definately coming to KC this week. If it's not Charlie Weis I've heard that Brian Schottenheimer of the Jets or Mike Miller of the Cardinals who HCTH coached with are possibilities.

fyp, douchebag.