Date: 28/03/24 - 08:01 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: More love for the 'Hawks  (Read 5687 times)

November 10, 2009, 08:55:17 PM
Reply #30

Bookcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

ku will climb to as high as the Top 10 imho...after that big superbowl against Duke......

..and then......uh oh....

@ OU
@ Texas Tech
Texas

uh oh
"You guys want answers that are conversations between John and I. I ain't worried about it. I'm living the dream.... When I start worrying about a contract, I'd be cheating the kids and not doing my job." - Frank Martin

November 11, 2009, 09:45:43 AM
Reply #31

ltrain37

• Cub

• Personal Text
    ^ Nuff said
Expect the ku marketing machine go into overdrive after the cupcake portion of the schedule (first 5 games).  ku should go 5-0, no surprise there.  Look for the hype for Reesing to be a Heisman candidate, and look for Lew to milk the fanbase for as much $$$ as possible.  I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying it's so predictable. 

The fans will be going crazy, and trash talking anyone who will listen.  This will be the classic "bragging phase" of ku athletic fans.  Look for the words of "legendary", "powerhouse", etc., etc.  BMWJhawk (a pretentious car and a pretentious school moniker all rolled into one) will be posting tons of bragging on this weblog.

Then, then, it all comes crashing down. ku gets their hats handed to them by OU, Texas, Texas Tech, Colorado, and at least one loss at the hands of KSU, Mizzou, and Nebraska.  Look for at least 4 losses, maybe 5.

Then we'll see the classic "whining phase" of ku athletic fans.  "We would have won, except for ___ and ___ bad call by the officials", or "we got screwed in Manhattan", or some other comparable whining. 

Then, watch KSU, by virtue of an easier schedule, finish ahead of ku in the conference, fulfilling Phil Steele's predictions.

Go 'Cats!

Good call GC...nailed it
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

September 23, 2010, 11:03:40 PM
Reply #32

kasper

• Cub

• Chicago real estate
here's no need to panic with the series tied at 2 games each. I tip my cap to the Flyers, because they outplayed us in both games in Philadelphia.

Fortunately, we still have the home ice advantage, which has been very good to us in the regular season and at home, and the hometown fans will give us a big boost as we head to Game 5. If we can get Niemi, Toews and Kane all back on track and back in their zones on Sunday, we'll be one step closer to a Stanley Cup. And, you have to believe that the third time will be the charm once we get to Philadelphia.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:05:55 PM by kasper »