Date: 28/09/24 - 14:31 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: ku football was dead until Mangino arrived..  (Read 3268 times)

October 31, 2007, 11:07:57 PM
Reply #30

Shenlong

You can play whoever you want, just don't expect to be crpwn3d a legitimate top 25 team until you beat someone with a pulse.

So K-State doesn't have a pulse?  Colorado didn't beat Oklahoma in Boulder? 

The k-state win was tainted by consecutive phantom hand to the facemask calls on AA effectively killing any momentum we had to completely squash you in the 1st quarter.

Colorado just sucks and caught OU on a bad day.....it happens.

Face it, you are the beneficieries of probably the worst overall qualty of football being played in the history of the game.  The big 12 is probably at its lowest point since the incepetion of the league.  Any one of our teams through out the D of D would smite this year's ku team.

LOL @ blaming officials for your loss.

October 31, 2007, 11:12:23 PM
Reply #31

Sandman

• Cub

You can play whoever you want, just don't expect to be crpwn3d a legitimate top 25 team until you beat someone with a pulse.

The k-state win was tainted by consecutive phantom hand to the facemask calls on AA effectively killing any momentum we had to completely squash you in the 1st quarter.

Face it, you are the beneficieries of probably the worst overall qualty of football being played in the history of the game.  The big 12 is probably at its lowest point since the incepetion of the league.  Any one of our teams through out the D of D would smite this year's ku team.

I like you.  You're funny.  Keep up the good stuff.

4 Top 15 teams.  3 Top 10 teams.  Crapy brand of football in the Big 12. 

And you're blaming things that happened in the first quarter.  Hillarity.  You realize your team had 3 more quarters to put ku in their place?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:04:04 AM by Sandman »

October 31, 2007, 11:32:58 PM
Reply #32

PurpleReign

• Cub

Uhh, that last statement wasn't really needed.  It's pretty obvious you're smashed by reading that stupid-ass post.

November 01, 2007, 09:09:06 AM
Reply #33

slucat

• Cub

LOL @ blaming officials for your loss.

Hi Texas, this is Mangino calling, I didn't say all those things about the officals and fixing games when we played in lo-rents... :blindfold:

November 01, 2007, 09:19:50 PM
Reply #34

PittsburgJayhawk

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I'm impossible to fool.
http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/100601aaa.html

:hahano:

next win over South on the road?

http://www.aggieathletics.com/games.php?SID=MFB&SSID=2157

risen?

Wow, Hatter. That's a huge reach.

So TA beat Texas Tech on the road.  Okay.  He also lost to SMU, got embarrassed at home by San Diego State, and fielded a team full of 1-AA talent in his final year on campus.

What, exactly, are you trying to argue here?  That Mark Mangino walked into a quality situation when he accepted this job? 

Come on.  Rivalry smack aside, you know better than that.

I think he's trying to argue that it took your coach 6 f-ing years to finally beat a south team not named Baylor.

In contrast, Ron Prince accomplished that in his 10th game as head coach.

Yes, fatty.  The situations that Prince inherited and Mangino inherited are totally comparable.

November 01, 2007, 09:21:39 PM
Reply #35

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

risen?

So TA beat Texas Tech on the road.  Okay.  He also lost to SMU, got embarrassed at home by San Diego State, and fielded a team full of 1-AA talent in his final year on campus.

What, exactly, are you trying to argue here?  That Mark Mangino walked into a quality situation when he accepted this job? 

I think he's trying to argue that it took your coach 6 f-ing years to finally beat a south team not named Baylor.

Yes, fatty.  The situations that Prince inherited and Mangino inherited are totally comparable.

Funny. What were you idiots predicting for KSU/Prince before 2006?

How about the media?

Hint: Dead Last. 1-2 wins in conference play.

Yes, ku was bad before Mangino took over, sure. ku went 2-6 in 2000, and 1-7 in 2001. KSU was 2-6 in 2004 and 2-6 in 2005. I'm just glad our coach didn't take 5 years before he hit .500 in conference play.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:23:33 PM by fatty fat fat »
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 01, 2007, 09:32:56 PM
Reply #36

Shenlong

You must also take note of the fact that your current coach replaced a coach that retired, rather than Jabba replacing Terry Allen who was just awful.  That in itself makes the 2 situation incomparable IMO.  Snyder had a good program built, and decided to call it a career.  The situation that Prince stepped into was leaps and bounds better than what Jabba stepped into. 

November 01, 2007, 09:35:36 PM
Reply #37

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
The situation that Prince stepped into was leaps and bounds better than what Jabba stepped into. 

Prince inherited a horrible situation.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=508945
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

November 01, 2007, 09:40:45 PM
Reply #38

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows
ku football was dead until this year
who knows what souls were sold to make this year happen?
Next year ku= :flush:

ku football is still dead, they are just less dead then the rigor mortis infested Big 12.  Timing is everything to be the best dead team in a dead conference. :frown:

4 teams in the top 15 is a "dead conference"?

Our conference is benefiting from the national perception of KSU's DoD.  If we are middle of the pack, than it stands to reason the the teams above us must be really good.  Since we were the only team with the balls to play someone out of conference the sham continues until Big 12 gets exposed in the Bowl Season.  After Bowl season, we will be lucky to have one team in the top 25.  OU = #9  all the rest 20 - 50. Just being honest.

Balls to play anyone?  For years KSU was chastised for playing soft schedules?  Where do you think Jabba got it from? 

The difference between the two is that Nebraska was national championship quality, CU was very good, and KSU typically owned the South.

ku is playing in a weekend North, plus playing the 3 weakest teams in the South.  So top to bottom, the ku schedule has no quality;  KSU played multiple eventual national champions.

November 01, 2007, 09:41:20 PM
Reply #39

Shenlong

The situation that Prince stepped into was leaps and bounds better than what Jabba stepped into. 

I never said his situation was great.  It was nowhere near the glory days of the Snyder era, but it was still better than what Jabba walked into at Kansas.

November 01, 2007, 09:44:37 PM
Reply #40

Shenlong

ku football was dead until this year
who knows what souls were sold to make this year happen?
Next year ku= :flush:

ku football is still dead, they are just less dead then the rigor mortis infested Big 12.  Timing is everything to be the best dead team in a dead conference. :frown:

4 teams in the top 15 is a "dead conference"?

Our conference is benefiting from the national perception of KSU's DoD.  If we are middle of the pack, than it stands to reason the the teams above us must be really good.  Since we were the only team with the balls to play someone out of conference the sham continues until Big 12 gets exposed in the Bowl Season.  After Bowl season, we will be lucky to have one team in the top 25.  OU = #9  all the rest 20 - 50. Just being honest.

Balls to play anyone?  For years KSU was chastised for playing soft schedules?  Where do you think Jabba got it from? 

The difference between the two is that Nebraska was national championship quality, CU was very good, and KSU typically pwn3d the South.

ku is playing in a weekend North, plus playing the 3 weakest teams in the South.  So top to bottom, the ku schedule has no quality;  KSU played multiple eventual national champions.

Does this self reassurance help you sleep at night?   How many times did you beat Nebraska when they were winning national titles? 

November 01, 2007, 09:46:02 PM
Reply #41

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.

I never said his situation was great.  It was nowhere near the glory days of the Snyder era, but it was still better than what Jabba walked into at Kansas.

Prince has done much better his first two season than Mangino did, relative to what they inherited.

Mangino's 1st 2 seasons = 3-13
Terry Allen's last 2 seasons = 3-13

Nice!

November 01, 2007, 09:52:37 PM
Reply #42

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows

Does this self reassurance help you sleep at night?   How many times did you beat Nebraska when they were winning national titles? 

God, you are dumb.  National Title=didn't lose a game.  They were still National Title contender quality until Solich was fired.  So, 1998, 2000, etc....

While the non-conference schedule for both ku and KSU in the years in question were both lousy, the conference schedule was a whole lot tougher in years gone by.  There's not much the Fighting Manginos can do about that, though.

November 01, 2007, 09:55:26 PM
Reply #43

Shenlong

Prince has done much better his first two season than Mangino did, relative to what they inherited.

Mangino's 1st 2 seasons = 3-13
Terry Allen's last 2 seasons = 3-13

Nice!

You speak as tho I am hyping Jabba.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  It did take him longer than it should have to build a ku program.  The program still isnt even "built".  Its not a matter of schedules and who you play and bla bla bla, its a matter of doing it every year, on a consistent basis, much like Snyder did.  Jabba still has plenty to prove.  That still doesnt change the fact that Prince walked into a better situation.  You dont think that perception of the two programs at the time were vastly different, allowing for 2 totally different recruiting scenarios.  I have been a life long ku fan, but even if i had the god given talent to play football at a D1 level i dont know that i wouldve signed with them following the Terry Allen era.  Things were really bad in Lawrence in terms of a football program.  I don't say this to detract from the job Prince has done either.  All im saying is Jabba walked into a rough situation, much worse than Prince.

November 01, 2007, 09:57:54 PM
Reply #44

Shenlong

God, you are dumb.  National Title=didn't lose a game.  They were still National Title contender quality until Solich was fired.  So, 1998, 2000, etc....

While the non-conference schedule for both ku and KSU in the years in question were both lousy, the conference schedule was a whole lot tougher in years gone by.  There's not much the Fighting Manginos can do about that, though.

Im sorry, do they put asterisks next to your name at the end of the season if you lost to an eventual national champion?  W's are W's now just like they were in the 90's.  Its also arguable that back then in the time that your quoting that schedules were tougher, because the bottom teams at that time were so bad.  Honestly, its all perception, but one could argue that a balanced big 12 is tougher to play in than a lopsided one.  Just ask OU about their trip to boulder.

November 01, 2007, 10:15:33 PM
Reply #45

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
CU, KSU, NU (the only big 12 north teams thus far to play in the Big 12 CG)

Between 97-01 those 3 teams:
.750 conf winning %, .740 overal winning %
Big 12 Championship won by North team - 3 times
National Championship won by North team - 1 time

Between 02-06 those 3 teams:
.516 conf winning %, .517 overal winning %
Big 12 Championship won by North team - 1 time

just sayin...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:20:58 PM by catzacker »

November 01, 2007, 10:19:53 PM
Reply #46

Shenlong

just sayin...

i see your point.  Only thing I am saying is, with parody catching up with the game, could it be that while the top teams may not be as dominant as they were in the past, the lower tier teams have improved considerably to the point that the conference could as a whole be tougher now than then?  Regardless of ones perception, this parody thing, which i hate the freakin cliche, is hear to stay. 

November 01, 2007, 10:54:45 PM
Reply #47

jeffy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    ku Swallows

November 02, 2007, 03:45:40 PM
Reply #48

PittsburgJayhawk

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I'm impossible to fool.

risen?

Funny. What were you idiots predicting for KSU/Prince before 2006?

Doom and Gloom, obviously, which had less to do with the fact that KSU's on-the-field talent wasn't up to snuff (Though clearly it wasn't at the level Snyder had it during his heyday) and more to do with the fact that most of us simply didn't think Ron Prince was a very good coach.  The Virginia fans were hardly sobbing over his loss.  Clearly, the guy can coach, and I've said as much over on Phog multiple times.

There's a distinct difference, Fatty, in taking over a job that's been steeped in mediocrity in every aspect of the game for several years, and taking one that has had a couple of down seasons.  Prince had an excited and loyal fanbase, solid facilities, and a pretty good name with which to recruit.  Mark Mangino had a D-1AA team, a fanbase that still has a hard time understanding that games are played outside of Allen Fieldhouse, no facilities whatsoever, and a name that meant d*ck to recruits.

I fully understand that when Bill Snyder retired the KSU program wasn't in the best of shape, comparable to 2003.  No matter any way you slice it though, the program Mangino took over was far worse.  Records aren't the only indicator of a program's stability.

November 02, 2007, 07:48:12 PM
Reply #49

markp68

• Cub

• Personal Text
    universal radar gun
Regardless of ones perception, this parody thing, which i hate the freakin cliche, is hear to stay. 

This whole thread is parody.

November 03, 2007, 01:31:01 AM
Reply #50

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Damn . . . shooting hours aren't until a half hour before sunrise TODAY . . . nobody call KDWP on hatter.

November 03, 2007, 08:49:05 AM
Reply #51

Keys1313

• Cub

• Personal Text
    picture suspended until 'cats top 'hawks
Kansas: #8 BCS, 8-0

K-State: 5-3, not ranked

:lol:

I'm going to laugh my arse off when OSU and MU end this little charade for you and yours. 

It'll be buckets of laughs when KSU ends the year ranked, coming off of a bowl win...and ku is nowhere to be seen after taking on a massivly superior team in some big bowl and falling flat.  Enjoy.
Keepin' JoCo purple since 2001

November 03, 2007, 09:17:04 AM
Reply #52

waks

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    KSU Super Fan

just sayin...

i see your point.  Only thing I am saying is, with parody catching up with the game, could it be that while the top teams may not be as dominant as they were in the past, the lower tier teams have improved considerably to the point that the conference could as a whole be tougher now than then?  Regardless of ones perception, this parody thing, which i hate the freakin cliche, is hear to stay. 
lol.