Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BURGERMANIA Saturday am edition.

Town topic (the 2nd one on Baltimore)

Burger...double cheese with grilled onions and pickles...5.2/7 ...this is the TT not open 24 hours and feels like the B chef. Good flavor just little too cooked and almost burned the edges. I've had better here.

Tots ....4.9/7...good crispiness ..their fried items have a different flavor. This is pretty standard but I've never been able to place what the flavor is.

Prob the lowest ratings I'd ever give TT but also the soberest and least hung over I've ever been and ate there so that could be a factor.

thats giving me mania
I like Thai Place on 87th, just wanted to say that

You can find about any ethic cuisine you want and it's not horrible...it's just not very widespread as we don't have a large immigrant population from a lot of places.
character arcs of the jungle book and other stuff / Re: Best Hot Sauce
« Last post by meow meow on Today at 06:13:27 PM »
Rye's hot sauce is best
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: The Trump Presidency
« Last post by Phil Titola on Today at 06:12:32 PM »
We want people to own cars, though.

No we don't.  We're too fat and sprawly.
We want people to own cars, though.
I like Thai Place on 87th, just wanted to say that
« Last post by Phil Titola on Today at 06:05:40 PM »
Would def take the double standard deduction in exchange for state and local tax deduction. Fed govt shouldn't be subsidizing high tax states.

Student loan interest should not be capped or phased out, neither should the kid tax credit.

Student Loan I agree with...not kid credit.  That should def be limited...at like 1 if you ask me.

If you make decent money they take it from you. They should only take it from people who neglect their kids, or can't afford them. we need future ss payees to keep the system going.

How about tax credits/deductions for not owning cars....let's try and drive some real social policy!
There are essentially 5 types of restaurants in KC where you can get good food:
1. American/fine dining - steak houses (don't really have strong feelings on this, would be intetested what others thinl. Bristol, Schmicks, J. Alexanders for the prime rib. Never impressed with Hereford House, Fentons, Bentons, etc.)
2. BBQ - so much good
3. Italian - Casciones, Lydias, Carmens
4. Foodie Places - KC kind of struggles with these except burger joints (District? 71st and Wornall is good)
5. Dive Bar - peanut wings, etc
6. Ethnic Food - graveyard for KC

Pile on.

4. is pretty great.  In crossroads alone you have a lot of James Beard nominees and places like Rieger, Michael Smiths, Extra Virgin, Corvino, Novel, Affare, .  The "gourmet" burger joints here are kind of overrated.

6.  Yeah there are some pockets of great Mexican and Vietnamese but other than that...pretty lacking.  Pretty comparable to other 2million person midwestern cities though?
I bet there are a shitload of good mexican dives in Argentine and near downtown KCK that I don't know about.

Not really aware of any great mexican places tho. People love mannys, mi ranchito and ponaks, and I don't get it.

It should be noted that I would nevet go to anywhere in missouri to eat that isn't west of holmes, north of 75th and south of the river, except briarcliff
« Last post by kim carnes on Today at 05:50:14 PM »
Would def take the double standard deduction in exchange for state and local tax deduction. Fed govt shouldn't be subsidizing high tax states.

Student loan interest should not be capped or phased out, neither should the kid tax credit.

Student Loan I agree with...not kid credit.  That should def be limited...at like 1 if you ask me.

If you make decent money they take it from you. They should only take it from people who neglect their kids, or can't afford them. we need future ss payees to keep the system going.

Yea totally, people should have kids for a tax deduction
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10