Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'm sure stalkerbot is all over it on TexAgs, but I need #blueanongE to explain to me why:

1. #blueanon generational stranglehold states and cities are going to sue two auto makers for allegedly building cars that are too easy to steal

2.  The mayor of St. Louis is saying that local convenience stores and similar need to be held accountable for crime in their area of operation

I'm going to pretend for a moment (albeit it's not easy give the the collective track record) that she's not just another completely insane #blueanon political whack-a-doo and that's she's specifically talking about some sort of offering or operational issue at those stores that is a bit on the nefarious side

The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Favorite conspiracy theory
« Last post by Trim on Today at 10:28:57 AM »
:lol:
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: The Real Estate Investing Thread
« Last post by Stupid Fitz on Today at 10:28:22 AM »
Sounds like there is a business model to sell DIY packages to would be home sellers. I think it's a time component and also a lack of knowledge component that keeps people from FSBO.

For sure, I totally get why people wouldn't even attempt it. I just needed the cash at the time so I gave it a go and found it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it might be. I had a realtor on standby in case something happened or if it wasn't selling as I had already bought the new place and the closing date was set. All worked out, but there was def some stress. Honestly the worst part was dealing with realtors calling and wanting the listing. After a few days, I figured out that the first thing I needed to say when I got a call was, "are you a realtor"? Some of them were real assholes and would pretend to be a buyer for 10 minutes on the phone and then tell me they had buyers if I gave them the listing. I just told them all to check back in a month.
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: The Royals
« Last post by Phil Titola on Today at 10:22:27 AM »
voting yes part

Downtown baseball is awesome and I want it quite a lot.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Last post by Phil Titola on Today at 10:21:51 AM »
Waldo Thai was every bit as good as people say

To add onto this, their collab with Buck Tui people, Muni in River Market, is also really good. Also late kitchen for those who need that type of thing downtown.
The best part of the above post is knowing that those that often surrounded Don Rumsfeld at the podium who are still alive were welcomed into the #blueanon movement with open arms as long as they were anti-Trump.  :thumbsup:

« Last post by wetwillie on Today at 10:12:30 AM »
Sounds like there is a business model to sell DIY packages to would be home sellers. I think it's a time component and also a lack of knowledge component that keeps people from FSBO.
« Last post by Stupid Fitz on Today at 10:09:59 AM »
If the sales commission numbers come down into the 2% range, then I'd be more inclined to use a traditional realtor, but it still feels like WAY too much money.  If you sell a $500K house at 6% that's $30K out of your pocket.  If you sell one for 2% that's $10K. 

I think that the service of 1) helping take pictures of my house and put it on the MLS, 2) showing the house when people want to see it, 3) hoisting an open house or two, and 4) helping with the process and paper work of handling the offers and counter offers, and 5) helping with the process and paper work handoff with the title company to help make the closing smooth is valuable but worth a LOT less than $10K.

By comparison, if you pay an attorney to estate planning for a fairly complex Trust, wills, all that crap, you'll pay less than $10K, and that's for the time of someone with a J.D.

I think a fair price for what I described above is less than $5K.

Agree. Comps are very easy to find. Pictures barely matter unless they are completely awful since people will come look no matter what. The last time we sold, I paid a small amount to get it on MLS sites, but even that was a waste. I linked it on various social media and that is where the buyer came from. Easy peasy. Its def not that easy in every area, but in KC it was no problem. We were done and closed at the same time as the new house. At that point, I really needed the money saved selling myself for the down payment on the new. Now, I would just not want to give someone 15k for something I can do with minimal effort.

I was also just thinking that is probably blowing everyones mind that I pulled off selling and buying a house on my own with no problems and I come here and yell about not being able to work travel websites.  :party:
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: Favorite conspiracy theory
« Last post by CNS on Today at 10:09:08 AM »
Ah, he tried to Rumsfeld us.

Got it.
Mattis was on the Theranos board of directors and while he was still serving tried to foist that worthless vaporware onto our DOD

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10