TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Jerome Tang Coaches Kansas State Basketball

Can you guys see K-State (us) joining the ACC

(1/3) > >>

pissclams:
lets say UT and MU leave for greener pastures where the grass hasn't all been eaten by other cows, and now that K-State has rekindled the basketball fires that were once alive in the hallowed hallways of Ahearn Fieldhouse, does the atlantic coast conference take a long hard look at inviting the cats to join their conference?

hint:  only a complete dumbass would say no.  now, if i'm wrong i'm not afraid to eat crow, but the dobermans might be joining the acc sooner rather than later.

i think that after this year's little "run" we have opened a lot of eyes in the world of basketball elites.  we're elites.  we should probably play with elites like sister school Duke and semi-rival UNC (guthridge).  the only problem I see is that we would then have 13 teams.

_33:

--- Quote from: pissclams on February 15, 2010, 09:44:14 AM ---lets say UT and MU leave for greener pastures where the grass hasn't all been eaten by other cows, and now that K-State has rekindled the basketball fires that were once alive in the hallowed hallways of Ahearn Fieldhouse, does the atlantic coast conference take a long hard look at inviting the cats to join their conference?

hint:  only a complete dumbass would say no.  now, if i'm wrong i'm not afraid to eat crow, but the dobermans might be joining the acc sooner rather than later.

i think that after this year's little "run" we have opened a lot of eyes in the world of basketball elites.  we're elites.  we should probably play with elites like sister school Duke and semi-rival UNC (guthridge).  the only problem I see is that we would then have 13 teams.

--- End quote ---

The only problem I see with this is that KU will probably have to come too.  The NCAA president will probably only let us go if we take ku along with us so that both leagues have an even number of teams.  ACC -14; Big 12 - 8.  Will the ACC want us if we have lil bro tagging along?  Only time will tell.

pissclams:
fair point about the NCAA president.  does he have to know about the move?

i've been working on a screenplay about a kid who grows up loving the cats (he's a combo fan) and then walks on for coach frank martin.  it will be about chris merriweather.  would be great to premiere the movie at a party celebrating our inclusion into the acc.  don't worry, there will be plenty of fried fish served at the party, after all, it is the atlantic coast conference.   :lol:

sys:
it's the only logical move, and we can only hope the currie is moving forward on negotiations and not sitting around counting his former sec dollars.  but there's one big problem, and that's unc.  no way unc lets the sisters get back together.  it has a tough enough time with duke alone, you think williams will want run the gauntlet with the twins?  no rough ridin' way.  so that's the obstacle. 

mcmwcat:
do we want the coastal or the atlantic division.  i'd think coastal makes more sense for us geographically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version