11 (11.6%)
Billboard in Manhattan, ASAP
35 (36.8%)
Billboard in Manhattan for Spring Game
15 (15.8%)
Never
20 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Important Banner Related Item  (Read 15223 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Important Banner Related Item
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
You know what? Eff it. I think I'm going to convert into a happy go lucky, who gives a crap, shirt tuck fan. Seems much easier than this crap.

That's an existence worse than death, bro.

Offline Immaculate1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
For the record, I am in favor of "RETIRE BILL." 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »
Watching the crowd chanting in unison for Bill Sndyer on the center hung scoreboard last night in Bramlage was very telling.  

I enjoyed the moment we had as this was happening.

It felt good.  Really connected.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
Hell, all I needed to know about the situation was 90% of Bramlage (and 99% of the student section :eek: ) giving Bill a raucous cheer last night. We're badly outnumbered here.

Because of this, I feel like our best option is to attack it from a bunch of different angles. Multiple websites, billboards, "Reitre Snyder" signs spread out throught the OOD, so that it seems like our numbers are much, much bigger.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
Hell, all I needed to know about the situation was 90% of Bramlage (and 99% of the student section :eek: ) giving Bill a raucous cheer last night. We're badly outnumbered here.

Because of this, I feel like our best option is to attack it from a bunch of different angles. Multiple websites, billboards, "Reitre Snyder" signs spread out throught the OOD, so that it seems like our numbers are much, much bigger.

I agree.  We have to approach this like we are fighting ignorance.  Start with something small to plant the seeds of dissention.  Wait a couple weeks and do something bigger.  If we smack people over the head with something big, they will see themselves as being attacked and defend their belief to the end.

I vote that we start by having a few dual GPC posters having a thread that works itself frmo the current problems to the root of the problems.  Probably at an obscene hour, so that way nobody can mod the crap out of the thread.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
You know what? Eff it. I think I'm going to convert into a happy go lucky, who gives a crap, shirt tuck fan. Seems much easier than this crap.

That's an existence worse than death, bro.

Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »
I would call this the dumbest idea I have ever heard about, but then I remembered you guys thought it was a good idea to pay a high school coach more money than he can ever spend on rims for his car or whatever his people blow their money on.   Bill is going to once again be the only coach at K-State to play a post-season game.  Maybe he can get Frank Martinez to apply his natural talents to come clean his pool over the summer.
If you're gonna play the backwoods-racist-piece-of-crap schtick, at least try and bring some humor, mkay? TIA  :thumbsup:

By the way, who's the dood in your sig pic?  It kinda looks like a scene from a Broadway production of True Grit...but gayer.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
Mods, can you lock this thread please.  j rake has it taken care of.

MODS!!!

Go back to St. Louis and stop calling my bluffs!  :angry:
eff!  Seriously...MODS!!!  j rake's gonna tell his buddy to hang a sign on his hot dog cart in Aggieville. Why are we wasting our time talking about this!?

Also, you've now gone the St. Louis Rams route and CO State Rams route.  What else ya got in that fine bbs'n repertoire?   :users:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »
Also, you've now gone the St. Louis Rams route and CO State Rams route.  What else ya got in that fine bbs'n repertoire?   :users:

Listen, jerk, why don't you go back to Virginia Commonwealth where you belong!  :angry:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »

Damn.  I stand corrected on my previous statement that students aren't the target audience.  They may not have money or tucked in shirts but their parents do.  A full page Collegian ad might be a good way to test the waters.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
I can't support the banner idea.

the student section spelling out something a long the lines of COSH SUX with board cards like the Chiefs did Saturday would be more effective. IMHO
RIP Fatty

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »

Big surprise.

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
You could always write a threatening letter to ADJC or HCBS about firing Cosh. Come up with a basic statement and give it to PoetWarrior to make it cryptic and mix in some different colored fonts. You can address it from wildcatvictory.com or from Crazy Robert.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2011, 05:58:51 PM »
You could always write a threatening letter to ADJC or HCBS about firing Cosh. Come up with a basic statement and give it to PoetWarrior to make it cryptic and mix in some different colored fonts. You can address it from wildcatvictory.com or from Crazy Robert.

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of cut up magazine print?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »

the student section spelling out something a long the lines of COSH SUX with board cards like the Chiefs did Saturday would be more effective. IMHO

Hmm..This could be done during a basketball game...

Let me meet with my think tank and see if we could organize something along these lines.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2011, 02:47:43 AM »
TSHIRTS
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2011, 07:20:22 AM »

Let me meet with my think tank and see if we could organize something along these lines.

Stop with the Cosh stuff.  Cosh sucks.  He shouldn't be or have been part of the staff.  That's on OBz.  That's who OBz is.  There will always be Coshs on an OBz staff.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

Stop with the Cosh stuff.  Cosh sucks.  He shouldn't be or have been part of the staff.  That's on OBz.  That's who OBz is.  There will always be Coshs on an OBz staff.
No no no.  I think this is EXACTLY why Cosh needs to be the focus.  If we focus on Cosh, we have a better chance of rallying the tucks because even they're pissed at this point.  We focus on Cosh the same way UT focused on Greg Davis and push OB into a corner.  We all know he's not going to make a change, so essentially we're rallying support from the tucks by not directly attacking "The Legend."  When OB refuses to make a change, the tucks will have no choice but to direct their anger at him.

It's really our last best hope if we want to bring the tucks on board.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »

No no no.  I think this is EXACTLY why Cosh needs to be the focus.  If we focus on Cosh, we have a better chance of rallying the tucks because even they're pissed at this point.  We focus on Cosh the same way UT focused on Greg Davis and push OB into a corner.  We all know he's not going to make a change, so essentially we're rallying support from the tucks by not directly attacking "The Legend."  When OB refuses to make a change, the tucks will have no choice but to direct their anger at him.

I see where you're going with this, and I like it. But I think the tucks would say something more along the lines of "Well, Snyder must really see something in this guy. If he wants to give him one more chance, so should we." It would be very anticlimatic.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2011, 11:34:39 AM »
The only way Snyder can change my opinion of him is if he recruited a stud quarterback.

You can't trot out Grant Gregory, Carson Coffman and Collin Klein as your starting QB's and then argue that the waters are calm. A team without a quarterback is a team going nowhere.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

I see where you're going with this, and I like it. But I think the tucks would say something more along the lines of "Well, Snyder must really see something in this guy. If he wants to give him one more chance, so should we." It would be very anticlimatic.
Look, if we all understand that we're operating under the likely correct assumption that nothing we do or say is going to change the minds of the tucks, then what can we do that's definitely going to be effective in swaying the minds of the people that matter.  rough ridin' nothing, that's what.  So, unless we want just sit around pulling our dicks, we have to choose the option that we think will most quickly and effectively reach our end goal...warts and all. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »

Look, if we all understand that we're operating under the likely correct assumption that nothing we do or say is going to change the minds of the tucks, then what can we do that's definitely going to be effective in swaying the minds of the people that matter.  rough ridin' nothing, that's what.  So, unless we want just sit around pulling our dicks, we have to choose the option that we think will most quickly and effectively reach our end goal...warts and all. 
[/quote]

can we just do this anyway?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »

No way in hell is public opinion (especially the wealthy (old) public opinion) going to sway to support firing Snyder in the next two years.  Not going to happen.   

However, raising awareness that Cosh sucks and needs to go could do either one of two things:  First, Snyder retains Cosh, amidst all the vitriol surrounding Cosh, this looks very bad for Snyder and could help get the old money second guessing "the legend."  Or, second, Cosh gets fired. 

Truth be told, I'm still in the Fire Cosh or Fire Snyder.  If our defense was even top 60 this year I think we get 9 wins. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »
We don't need the tucks.  We need  the large contingent of people who agree with us but don't know it's ok to speak out against the tucks and who need a leader.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
We don't need the tucks.  We need  the large contingent of people who agree with us but don't know it's ok to speak out against the tucks and who need a leader.

Give a few days for GPC to discuss this.  It seems several over there are coming around.  The 'tucks are split on this.  Probably the best you could ask for.