Author Topic: Coaching Staff/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread  (Read 130991 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Leavitt/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
why do you dipcacs act angry/surprised when this cac happens?

Seriously people.  It's like being shocked when Frank misses out on a recruit.

*sigh*

On a similar note, why do you act surprised/exasperated when people melt down?

You know what's fun? Melting down on message boards. You know what isn't fun? Haughtily refusing to melt down even though everyone knows you want to.

I'm all for a good meltdown. Believe me. I've been melting down over Snyder 2.0 since Day 1.  The CU home loss was also an example of a great meltdown oppy.

This, however, is like melting down over the sun rising in the east.

It's just practice, stretching the meltdown legs. I feel like our fanbase as a whole is jumping at every opportunity to melt down over football for fear of becoming irreversibly indifferent to it.

And I support that.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »

*sigh*

You know what's fun? Melting down on message boards. You know what isn't fun? Haughtily refusing to melt down even though everyone knows you want to.

I'm all for a good meltdown. Believe me. I've been melting down over Snyder 2.0 since Day 1.  The CU home loss was also an example of a great meltdown oppy.

It's just practice, stretching the meltdown legs. I feel like our fanbase as a whole is jumping at every opportunity to melt down over football for fear of becoming irreversibly indifferent to it.

And I support that.

Embrace the indifference.  It's a good feeling.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 19, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »

*sigh*

And I support that.

Embrace the indifference.  It's a good feeling.

I'm nearly there. BUT:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
- PoetWarrior (also: Edmund Burke)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 19, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »

*sigh*

Totally wrong.  This is melting down over the realization that there would be no difference between the end of BS I and now.  As the board has pointed out, and recognized by Meek, this opportunity was a referendum on the "new" Snyder regime.  There was an egregiously under-performing part of his staff.  A part that was not just bad, but historically bad and cost us at least 1, if not 2, games this year.  This part of the staff DID have a son who played QB but that kid had transferred.  There was opportunity to jettison this historically bad portion of the staff with little or no repercussions short of some hurt feelings.  The fans wanted it.  The AD wanted it.  Even the Shirt-Tucks would have supported it.  Moreover, there was a slightly damaged but proven coach, with actual HC experience, who happens to specialize in the exact are where this failure of a staff would be removed from.  LHC Bill Snyder 2.0 had a chance to open the purse strings and bring in a proven commodity with some ties to a fertile recruiting bed only at the cost of losing a little control.

Instead, LHC Bill Snyder did the exact same thing that helped him drive the program into the ground.  He sat and stared at the walls, and promoted his son.

This is very meltdown worthy.  We now know there is absolutely no difference.  Maybe you knew it before, I guess some folks did but now it is confirmed and it sucks to realize that BS is digging this program into a massive hole with recruiting that will bury us and will take even a great coach 2-4 years to fix once Snyder leaves, which will be after 3 or so more years.  So, someone has essentially given me a crystal ball and I see my football program worse off than a doormat like ku for the forseeable future...and it makes me meltdown.  

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
:'(
EMAW

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
Yeah, you should have realized Snyder 1.0=Snyder 2.0 almost immediately after he hired Chris Cosh to be AHC and co-DC.  

I guess if you somehow didn't realize how much Bill sucked until now, it would be meltdown worthy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 19, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
"Whatever Coach Snyder does is fine by me"

catzacker

« Reply #682 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
Yeah, you should have realized Snyder 1.0=Snyder 2.0 almost immediately after he hired Chris Cosh to be AHC and co-DC.  

I guess if you somehow didn't realize how much Bill sucked until now, it would be meltdown worthy.

i know i feel good being 100% right about snyds v2.0.   :gocho:

Next up:  Frank Wooldridge.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »

This was a chance for him to change.  Was hoping it was possible.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »

Vic gave me hope.

But this is ridiculous.  There is still no plan for future succession.  There is no coaching search.  The "calm the waters" talk was a bunch of crap.  Snyder is not leaving any time soon and he's not giving any thought to who he wants to take over.

We were scammed.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 19, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
he's not giving any thought to who he wants to take over.

It's not up to him.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 19, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »

Vic gave me hope.

But this is ridiculous.  There is still no plan for future succession.  There is no coaching search.  The "calm the waters" talk was a bunch of crap.  Snyder is not leaving any time soon and he's not giving any thought to who he wants to take over.

We were scammed.

Sure he is. Sean Snyder will be the TE coach this year. He will be the OC next year. In 2013, Bill will step down after the nonconference, naming Sean interim head coach. If Sean beats KU, expect the shirt tucks to want to give him a contract.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 19, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »

It's not up to him.

That was the excuse I let him fly with the first time.

He came back to "calm the waters" and then step away because he doesn't really want to coach any more.  It is up to him.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »

It's not up to him.

waters calmed
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 19, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »

i know i feel good being 100% right about snyds v2.0.   :gocho:

I'm not sure how much we can thump our chests on this one, considering 90% of the board was in the same camp with us.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 19, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »

It's not up to him.

It's amazing how this tiny little post brightened my whole day.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 19, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »

It's not up to him.

:pbj:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 19, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

It's not up to him.

It's amazing how this tiny little post brightened my whole day.

It's that shining beacon of light in the midst of Hurricane Old Balls.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #695 on: January 19, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
One thing is clear about Bill: He does NOT relate to today's young person.

And recruiting will continue to suck until he "gets it."

Quote from: LHC Bill Snyder, 11/24/08
"The question I'll get is, 'Can you relate to today's young person?' And probably, when I meet with our players, they are going to think that question. But I'm going to answer the question before it's asked. My answer would probably be, 'Listen, if you care, I can relate to you. If you want to work hard, I can relate to you. If you want to do right and be a good person, I can relate to you. If you care about academics and want to be the best student you can be, I CAN relate to you!'"

Meanwhile, at Auburn ...

Quote from: Gene Chizik, 12/30/09
"The question Cam Newton had for me is, 'Can you relate to today's young person.' And my answer to him was, 'If you want $180,000 for your father's church, I can relate to you. If you want private parties and girls all over you, I can relate to you. If you want your past academic performance covered up and if you want tutors to take your tests, I can relate to you. And if you want a competent coaching staff who will get the best out of you and help turn you into a Heisman Trophy winner, I CAN relate to you!'"

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »
If one post could summarize Shirt Tuck Nation's sentiments, this would be it:

Quote from: GPC poster Thunder_Cat who is really old, smells terrible, and is probably racist
ONE man has EVER won consistently in this state in Football..LHCBS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you younger folk just cant understand that....no one...no one living...over 110 years of football. For all we know no one can. And after year TWO of a rebuild and going to a bowl game...a couple of plays from 9-4...you somehow think he is the problem.

Want it now get it now spoiled brats who have no concept of hard work, what it takes to win in Football in the Big 12 in a Kansas school surrounded by giants.

Cracks me up.....makes me cry....either way this Y generation (which I am sorry I on the fringe of) needs to shut up and realize you enjoy the process and respect what others have done especially you would crap all over yourselves if you tried to do.

If LHCBS goes 7-5 for the next three years in a row that will be one of the greatest 4 year runs at KSU or KU in history and he has earned the right for us to let him try and give our support.

For those fakers on the board get a life..please find someone who loves you....for those KSU'ers who trash Coach..you aint fit to pick up after his dog..period.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #697 on: January 19, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
Florida State was a train wreck of a program until Bobby Bowden arrived in 1976. The Noles went 3-8, 1-10 and 0-11 the three years before he took over. And there were plenty of 3-, 4- and 5-win seasons in the decades leading up to his hiring.

Bowden won 302 games in 33 years, including a pair of national championships and 12 ACC titles. But near the end, Florida State stopped competing at the level it did in the late 80s and throughout the 90s.

Fans got impatient.

The athletic department got restless.

But did Florida State say, "BUT GUYS! BOBBY EARNED IT! HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER WON HERE! WE OWE IT TO HIM TO LET HIS EGO KILL THE PROGRAM! IF HE WANTS TO STAY AND WIN SIX GAMES A YEAR, LET'S LET HIM!"

No, they did not.

They kicked his ass to the curb and moved on.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 19, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

Quote from: GPC poster Thunder_Cat who is really old, smells terrible, and is probably racist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you younger folk just cant understand that....no one...no one living...over 110 years of football. For all we know no one can. And after year TWO of a rebuild and going to a bowl game...a couple of plays from 9-4...you somehow think he is the problem.

Want it now get it now spoiled brats who have no concept of hard work, what it takes to win in Football in the Big 12 in a Kansas school surrounded by giants.

Cracks me up.....makes me cry....either way this Y generation (which I am sorry I on the fringe of) needs to shut up and realize you enjoy the process and respect what others have done especially you would crap all over yourselves if you tried to do.

If LHCBS goes 7-5 for the next three years in a row that will be one of the greatest 4 year runs at KSU or KU in history and he has earned the right for us to let him try and give our support.

For those fakers on the board get a life..please find someone who loves you....for those KSU'ers who trash Coach..you aint fit to pick up after his dog..period.

I just hope that someday they realize that they were part of the problem.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 19, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »

I just hope that someday they realize that they were part of the problem.

It's like they're emailing around a talking points memo. It's crazy how consistently on message they are.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:03:40 PM by felix rex »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."