Author Topic: Be Careful on February 12th - DANGER  (Read 1082 times)

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
Be Careful on February 12th - DANGER
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:35:40 AM »
On February 12th the Cats travel to Boulder, Colorado.  Apparently that city has a really high elevation as high as 5400 feet.  THAT IS MORE THAN A MILE HIGH!!!

That high elevation creates difficulty breathing.  The air is thin and can create problems if you are competing in a sporting event if you are acclimated to a lower elevation.

Case in point please review this hard hitting piece from the Kansas City Star (credit deserved to Mike DeArmond who first pointed this out) regarding Mizzou's latest trip to Boulder.

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/2820

There is really no explanation for why the Buffs stomped the Tigers – but they did – leading at one time by as many as 18.

As it turns out, the altitude may have contributed to the loss. Missouri presses constantly. That usually works, but in this case, it definitely did not as Colorado only had 10 turnovers. Prior to CU, only one team had less than 16 turnovers against MU this season (Illinois, 13). MU only played seven people double-digit minutes and they eventually wore down.

Its downright dangerous.  Luckily as author (Mike DeArmond) points out this is one of the "traitor schools" who will be leaving our conference.  DANGER!!   :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Be Careful on February 12th - DANGER
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:59 AM »
Thin air is probably why the Buffs got 15 more rebounds, too.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
colorado played well and mizzou played poorly.  I don't think altitude has anything to do with it.     :grin: :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
You also get drunker quicker in Colorado, i'm sure that fact helped contribute to DeArmonds story.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cork_sniffer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
You also get drunker quicker in Colorado, i'm sure that fact helped contribute to DeArmonds story.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
i wonder if boulder is more or less enviable to someone from missouri than it is to us (lawrence included).

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
i wonder if boulder is more or less enviable to someone from missouri than it is to us (lawrence included).

depends on whether you prefer to get your high from pot or meth.