TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Kansas State Football

It's Patterson!

<< < (23/23)

steve dave:

--- Quote from: Panjandrum on June 05, 2011, 12:20:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: MichiganisGood on June 05, 2011, 12:06:17 AM ---I think he'd be great at KSU where there isn't nearly as much media scrutiny, and he can get JUCO's and guys from the south who aren't exactly scholars into school with no issue.. 

--- End quote ---

He would be a fantastic hire here and is exactly the model of coach we need to be looking at whenever we look at making any hire in men's basketball or football. 

Former high-level coach who fell from grace for either personal or professional reasons and is looking for a soft place to land to get his career back on track.  Then we simply hope that he falls in love with the place and never leaves.  Repeat as necessary.

--- End quote ---

this except don't be naive enough to think that they will fall in love with kansas state.  perfect model for us.  plenty of great coaches to pick from that fit the mold whenever the one we resurrected leaves.  

MichiganisGood:

--- Quote from: steve dave on June 05, 2011, 12:12:32 AM ---wow, good stuff MIG.  the fact that RR isn't our coach this very second kind of infuriates me (assuming he would take the job).  I think we set up pretty nicely for next season under a RR offense fwiw.  I know john currie reads the board so that's out there.

--- End quote ---

The offense is awesome, and the crazy thing about it is the video game numbers we put up last year on offense was done with 1 Senior(RT Schilling) and 2 Juniors, everyone else it was their first or 2nd year starting.. Plus, we were 3-18 on FG attempts, had we even had a halfway decent kicker we probably win a couple more games and score a bunch more points..

KITNfury:

--- Quote from: steve dave on June 05, 2011, 12:23:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Panjandrum on June 05, 2011, 12:20:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: MichiganisGood on June 05, 2011, 12:06:17 AM ---I think he'd be great at KSU where there isn't nearly as much media scrutiny, and he can get JUCO's and guys from the south who aren't exactly scholars into school with no issue.. 

--- End quote ---

He would be a fantastic hire here and is exactly the model of coach we need to be looking at whenever we look at making any hire in men's basketball or football. 

Former high-level coach who fell from grace for either personal or professional reasons and is looking for a soft place to land to get his career back on track.  Then we simply hope that he falls in love with the place and never leaves.  Repeat as necessary.

--- End quote ---

this except don't be naive enough to think that they will fall in love with kansas state.  perfect model for us.  plenty of great coaches to pick from that fit the mold whenever the one we resurrected leaves.  

--- End quote ---
I don't think someone like RR would fall in love but its not out of the question that he would be gunshy of a big time program after getting rail roaded once before.

Sandstone Outcropping:
Sorry if Luk'd:

Former TCU receiver sues Patterson, university and Big 12, alleging abuse and harassment

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article197923869.html

Katpappy:

--- Quote from: Sandstone Outcropping on February 02, 2018, 10:37:07 AM ---Sorry if Luk'd:

Former TCU receiver sues Patterson, university and Big 12, alleging abuse and harassment

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article197923869.html

--- End quote ---
The other player in the lawsuit may have CTE, if so, a win could cost the NCAA.  It might also hit home with our spaggite headed players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version