Author Topic: The Yankees know how to make it feel like home...  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
The Yankees know how to make it feel like home...
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:10:34 PM »
Quote from: John Currie
The stadium looks great! The field has been covered with a tarp. In fact, while we were eating dinner crews were plowing the snow off the tarp.  A big swath of the midfield was exposed and the grass looked as green as the middle of June.  Our players were taking lots of pictures of the stadium and surroundings – they are really enjoying the experience.

You really have to appreciate the lengths that those fine folks have gone to to make it feel like home for us K-State fans.

I don't know what we'd do at KSU without a good tarp.  There's a million and one uses for them.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: The Yankees know how to make it feel like home...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
Quote from: John Currie
The stadium looks great! The field has been covered with a tarp. In fact, while we were eating dinner crews were plowing the snow off the tarp.  A big swath of the midfield was exposed and the grass looked as green as the middle of June.  Our players were taking lots of pictures of the stadium and surroundings – they are really enjoying the experience.

You really have to appreciate the lengths that those fine folks have gone to to make it feel like home for us K-State fans.

I don't know what we'd do at KSU without a good tarp.  There's a million and one uses for them.
Thank god, now maybe I won't need to wear blanket as I watch the ICE BOWL.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »
IT'S A TARP!!!!!

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »
I mean..."crews are plowing snow off the tarp right now'!!!

OMG we're being treated like royalty!!!! shazbot!!

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:28:55 AM »
I hope the tarp was screen printed and John got some ideas for stadium renovation.  :crossfingers:

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »
Wish we were playing in Fenway  :users:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
First class amenities, boys.  This is why you party with the most successful sports franchise in America.

Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost said on Tuesday afternoon that workers were removing snow from the plaza surrounding the building, within the concourses and around the seats after nearly two feet of snow fell in the New York City area on Sunday and early Monday morning.

"The fact that we had the sixth-largest snow storm really isn't going to stop us from making this a success," Trost said at the Times Square Visitor's Center in Manhattan at a press conference to kickoff the Pinstripe Bowl. "... We want this to be as pristine as it is on any July or August day when fans come out to watch baseball."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/news/story?id=5963902

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »
First class amenities, boys.  This is why you party with the most successful sports franchise in America.

Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost said on Tuesday afternoon that workers were removing snow from the plaza surrounding the building, within the concourses and around the seats after nearly two feet of snow fell in the New York City area on Sunday and early Monday morning.

"The fact that we had the sixth-largest snow storm really isn't going to stop us from making this a success," Trost said at the Times Square Visitor's Center in Manhattan at a press conference to kickoff the Pinstripe Bowl. "... We want this to be as pristine as it is on any July or August day when fans come out to watch baseball."
[/b]
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/news/story?id=5963902
Yea, I bet the place is packed during those game days.  :drool:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.