Author Topic: Touching post on GPC RE: Cat fan just back from Iraq and ready to see some games  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Kellis

• Fan
    • View Profile
If you have subscribed for premium access on the GoPowercat.com affiliate of the Rivals.com network, then you may have seen this stirring post...

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=419&tid=131486710&mid=131486710&sid=889&style=2

wildcat129

Going to my first game since gettng back from IraQ!
I cannot wait. I have a seasons worth of cheering to do today.

This is an important post for two reasons. 

First, as I pointed out in Today's Wichita Eagle (and KC Star), http://www.kansas.com/sports/wildcats/story/1180573.html, For the first time since the start of Big 12 play there were a few open seats at Bramlage Coliseum behind one of the baskets.  Some wildcat fans appear to be taking this new-found success for granted...not so for wildcat129 on GoPowercat.com.  And the dozens of subsequent posts in that Wabash Station thread showering thanks and praise upon wildcat129 are an inspiration.

Second, it's fantastic when our private sector contractors in Iraq come back home safe and sound, like wildcat129.  wildcat129 has been risking his life for his employer for months now, earning barely more than Dalonte Hill, and instead of dodging opposing recruiters, wildcat129 was dodging bullets.  We all have a great deal to learn from wildcat129 about how to be a good corporate citizen.  No amount of great Wildcat basketball can completely wash away all the Iraqi blood split in the desert sand, but we all should join arms with our fellow shareholders to thank this truly inspiring corporate employee. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Private contractors in Iraq are badasses.

They get to just cruise around in SUV's and shoot anyone they want with ZERO repercussions.  It's glorious.  I wish we could do that here in the States.  I would go to TONS more Cats games if I could shoot some mother frackers on the way to/from the games.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so we are glorifying incompetent, murderous, over-the-hill, a-holes who take home 10x+ what the actual soldiers make now?

:facepalm:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Is this really Kellis or is this a sock?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Is this really Kellis or is this a sock?

It's Kellis.  He had a military contractor ribbon lapel pin on yesterday at the game.