Author Topic: Taxing the Rich (pay attention lefties)  (Read 10412 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Taxing the Rich (pay attention lefties)
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
Sugar Dick's knowledge of the economy is like that of a used car salesman. 

Sugar Dick

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »
Sugar Dick's knowledge of the economy is like that of a used car salesman. 

And yours is like that of a sparrow flying far far away.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
For the love of God, 'Pad.  There's a difference between the national budget and the national debt.  Clinton left office with the highest approval rating of any president since WWII, and also left office with a budget surplus.  Why do you Republican retards try to deny that?

You have no idea who has the powers of the purse and the powers to tax in the three branches of government.  What the eff did they teach you at KU? 

wut

:flush:

What a well thought out response to something you obviously can't argue against. 
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
I found one of those "easy" ways to avoid an estate tax.

http://www.fairtax.org

Conceptually I like that a lot but the transient economic effects would be monumental.  E.g. (but certainly not limited to this): What happens to the folks whose livlihoods presently depend upon their providing a portion of the 3.8 million man-years annually required of the private sector & invidividuals in service to our tax code?  I mean what good is a tax accountant or tax preparer if the tax system is so simple everyone can understand it and no individual need take any action to comply? 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »
I found one of those "easy" ways to avoid an estate tax.

http://www.fairtax.org

Conceptually I like that a lot but the transient economic effects would be monumental.  E.g. (but certainly not limited to this): What happens to the folks whose livlihoods presently depend upon their providing a portion of the 3.8 million man-years annually required of the private sector & invidividuals in service to our tax code?  I mean what good is a tax accountant or tax preparer if the tax system is so simple everyone can understand it and no individual need take any action to comply? 

Same thing that happened when all the people with the talent to make 8-tracks were suddenly no longer making them.  They found something else to do.  Considering the economy would shift into a higher gear, it likely wouldn't be very long before hiring in other sectors would grow.  Accountants can go just about anywhere.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
tax them. they aren't hard workers.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2011, 03:15:02 PM »
What if people were taxed based on effort, i.e. your tax rate was inversely related to your effort? 

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2011, 07:23:01 AM »
What if people were taxed based on effort, i.e. your tax rate was inversely related to your effort? 

Fantastic idea!  But how to implement it?  Perhaps, as a first-cut, a table of baseline efforts by profession.  E.g.: Student 0% (100% tax rate); politician 0% (100% tax rate); actor 1% (99% tax rate); lawyer -300% (400% tax rate - this is how we'd discourage disfavored activities of this sort); college professor 5% (95% tax rate); business owner 100% (0% tax rate), investor 100% (0% tax rate), etc.  Would work pretty well if I could produce the table and ensure that no one else would ever be allowed to tamper with it. 

:driving:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
Don't forget "Welfare queen: 100% tax."