Author Topic: Jacob Pullen appreciation thread.  (Read 14695 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Jacob Pullen appreciation thread.
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
is this dude the browniest brownie who basically relegated himself to a couple soccer threads in the Other Sports board, why doesn’t he post here anymore?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »
Imagine legitimately getting angry and having a power trip teaching a childrens game

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2022, 03:01:34 PM »
is this dude the browniest brownie who basically relegated himself to a couple soccer threads in the Other Sports board, why doesn’t he post here anymore?

The clam slam
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »
That was a good interview.
Cannot believe it has been 11 years since Pullen left K-State.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2022, 06:00:39 PM »
0 goes in the rafters at the first KU home game with oscar's successor, right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2022, 06:13:32 PM »
0 goes in the rafters at the first KU home game with oscar's successor, right?

Uh, no. You should listen to the interview. He's also spoken about this before, oscar has absolutely nothing to do with why his jersey hasn't been retired yet

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2022, 07:04:53 PM »
I will!

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2022, 10:52:20 PM »
So many great memories listening to Jake.  I want to love cats bball like that again.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2022, 11:26:07 PM »
We played Missouri right after breaking the streak against KU. If you remember, freshman Pullen was incredible that night. The very next game against Missouri Frank made a big deal about not playing Jake, he didn't play a single second, but he never told us why Jake didn't play, and we lost.

Could you imagine oscar benching Pack last year? I think somebody would literally burn the Ice Center to the ground.

I was just talking about this with my brother when we considered what Huggy or Frank would have done to Nowell after he pulled his hero-ball half court last-second shot against Iowa State. Honestly, I don't think Nowell woud have dared pull that bullshit with a strong coach.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2022, 04:15:33 AM »

The clam slam

The piss diss

i like yours better

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2022, 11:56:23 AM »
We played Missouri right after breaking the streak against KU. If you remember, freshman Pullen was incredible that night. The very next game against Missouri Frank made a big deal about not playing Jake, he didn't play a single second, but he never told us why Jake didn't play, and we lost.

Could you imagine oscar benching Pack last year? I think somebody would literally burn the Ice Center to the ground.

I was just talking about this with my brother when we considered what Huggy or Frank would have done to Nowell after he pulled his hero-ball half court last-second shot against Iowa State. Honestly, I don't think Nowell woud have dared pull that bullshit with a strong coach.

lol, you're a weird guy. Did you miss that Huggins just played a game against us where he benched one of his favorite players because the player got T'ed up in back to back games then yelled at Huggins on the bench after getting that second T? Frank and Huggins players do stupid, undisciplined, selfish crap all of the time because they coach 18-22 year olds.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2022, 12:20:14 PM »
I think I forgot how intense Pullen was.  Barry might be similar but Pullen seems like he was on an entirely different Michael Jordan level mentality of how he tough and motivated he was to win.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2022, 01:17:42 PM »

im def in the "kids too soft these days" camp, but note that nowell came up big in the ot and the next game, so not shitting on him apparently worked...though i agree the play was shaqtin a fool level at best

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
If you want to have goosebumps... watch the highlights of the events as JPull is talking about them in the interview.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2022, 01:51:21 PM »
Jake and Jamar were a lot of fun to talk to when we went to the first TBT thing in Chicago.  If I remember correctly, he wasn't very happy that a lot of the guys said they would play and be there then bailed.  Jamar was hurt, but it would have been awesome to see him play again.
@mikec2w

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »

lol, you're a weird guy. Did you miss that Huggins just played a game against us where he benched one of his favorite players because the player got T'ed up in back to back games then yelled at Huggins on the bench after getting that second T? Frank and Huggins players do stupid, undisciplined, selfish crap all of the time because they coach 18-22 year olds.

You'll have to point out to me when Frank or Hugs had a player make as selfish or undesciplined play in as critical a situation as Nowell did with his hero-ball routine. It was the worst such example I've witnessed in decades of watcing K-State basketball.
I love Nowell, but he does extremely selfish, stupid things and there's no doubt we'll see more of the same.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2022, 02:17:05 PM »

You'll have to point out to me when Frank or Hugs had a player make as selfish or undesciplined play in as critical a situation as Nowell did with his hero-ball routine. It was the worst such example I've witnessed in decades of watcing K-State basketball.
I love Nowell, but he does extremely selfish, stupid things and there's no doubt we'll see more of the same.

I'm just going to assume Frank calling players selfish motherfuckers pretty much every game are examples of players being selfish motherfuckers, weird that screaming selfish motherfuckers at them didn't stop them from being selfish motherfuckers. It's almost like being a high level teenage athlete has some elements of self belief that can and does lead to occasional selfishness.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2022, 02:57:41 PM »

look at this selfish crap

:lol: at the weird Iowans sounding exactly the same in their weird Iowa'y in both clips.  <--- prob edited but still  :lol:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2022, 04:53:18 PM »
My favorite part of the interview was just how much Pullen loves K-State and how much he knows we love him back.

Second favorite part was some of the background behind the "I will not play in the NIT" quote like how he was M'F'n everyone in the locker room after the game about how KSTATE doesnt lose to teams like Colorado.