Author Topic: this team is awful  (Read 35251 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: this team is awful
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
This thread seems appropriate to post in.
EMAW

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
The recruiting does not reduce the anxiety that last year was the peak.  It is probably not justified and I should be gratefull we are out of wooly's 6-10 vortex of mediocrity.

recruiting is going fine.

:lol:

I'm going to agree with BMW here. We aren't going to be winning if we keep recruiting players like Spradling, Southwell, Myles, JHR, and Asprilla.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
those guys are fine if they can play with a couple of guys who can get their own shot.  Pullen is the only guy that can right now.  Ck can at times but he disappeared today like Cole Aldrich was on the floor

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2010, 05:49:12 PM »
Keep shooting those threes, Jaketeam.

FYP  

15.8% 3PM

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
thank god i turned it off 5min into the 2nd half... spent the rest of this afternoon jabbing knitting needles into my eyes rather than watch our offense  :chainsaw:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
That was pathetic.... I want to see how we respond in the UNLV game. If it's anything similar, I'll be on board with the melt down/this team is going nowhere wagon.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »
Oh yeah, the old "the guys we are getting are fine if we can just find a couple of studs to go with them" talking point.   Sounds just like the previous (nearly) 20 years Pre-Huggins.   Why are we paying Hill $450K a year again??

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2010, 10:47:24 AM »
We Love you Jake!!!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Immaculate1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »
I'm just going to remember this thread when it's March...and we have a team again.

Copy and paste....copy and paste....followed by lots of LAWLS.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
I want to see the following players/lineup play for 30 minutes each.

Irving
Pullen
McGruder
Samuels
Kelly

When we sub Irving, I want to see mother effing 95. WHY CAN'T WE EFFING WATCH 95 PLAY?

When he comes back in, Pullen rests and Southwell handles point while Irving shoots off the ball

I might even want to see Wally play for an entire game so he can get some confidence.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
We have the Irving at PG stuff, which I can understand a bit b/c he plays and has good #s, even though he hasn't hardly played PG this year.  But I have no idea where the Southwell at PG stuff comes from.  Can someone explain?

Offline Immaculate1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2010, 01:53:41 PM »
I might even want to see Wally play for an entire game so he can get some confidence.

YES!!!!!!!! :emawkid:

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »
We have the Irving at PG stuff, which I can understand a bit b/c he plays and has good #s, even though he hasn't hardly played PG this year.  But I have no idea where the Southwell at PG stuff comes from.  Can someone explain?

From what I've seen he has great ball skills and isn't afraid to dribble drive because of said ball skills. We need someone creative enough to get the defense moving to open up lanes and get open shots.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
I bet Shane would have 75 turnovers if he played PG for 15 minutes.  Luckily for us, he will never play PG for us.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »
Can someone tell me why in the hell Florida is playing a game in the early afternoon on a Monday, at home?

Anyway, they're really knocking the crap out of Atlantic Sun powerhouse Jacksonville, just headed into OT, 61-61.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
Can someone tell me why in the hell Florida is playing a game in the early afternoon on a Monday, at home?

Anyway, they're really knocking the crap out of Atlantic Sun powerhouse Jacksonville, just headed into OT, 61-61.

Clearly, we were another team's super bowl.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »
71-68 Jax in OT.

Just reviewing their schedule, they look like a decent mid-major team, played Miami and St Louis tough and beat Auburn(who is admittedly terrible) by double digits.

You could probably predict a letdown for UF after a pretty emotional, hard fought win less than 48 hrs earlier, but still :facepalm:... I guess all we can do is line up and play the next one in front of us, I'm honestly glad it's sooner rather than later.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
I prefer this team in an underdog role.  They win with effort and have ever since Huggins got here.  Don't like this team at all with the "favorite" label.  The intensity just isn't the same.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2010, 02:50:32 PM »
71-68 Jax in OT.

Just reviewing their schedule, they look like a decent mid-major team, played Miami and St Louis tough and beat Auburn(who is admittedly terrible) by double digits.

You could probably predict a letdown for UF after a pretty emotional, hard fought win less than 48 hrs earlier, but still :facepalm:... I guess all we can do is line up and play the next one in front of us, I'm honestly glad it's sooner rather than later.

jfc, just another pickle on the crap sandwich that is my week.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
A-W-F-U-L

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:04 PM »
this team is weird... we were pretty awful at the beginning of the season. now, i like to think we have turned the corner, granted its been against weak comp.  :dunno: though

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
this team is weird... we were pretty awful at the beginning of the season. now, i like to think we have turned the corner, granted its been against weak comp.  :dunno: though

I think they are a couple of games behind the curve.  It seems to me like the real rotation is getting settled into, but we're finding it right now with little room to know if it's the correct one.

Myles is playing more, and I like what he's bringing to the table for the most part.  Judge is starting to turn the corner, and I think (hope) Frank is realizing Asprilla needs to sit much, much more, and I think he will as soon as Kelly gets back.

I think the guard rotation is starting to settle a bit, the frontcourt is starting to gel a little more, and we're close.  I hate that we start out on the road, but whatever.  If they get past OSU, CU and Tech may be enough time to get us where we need to be before going to Columbia on Big Monday.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:28 PM »

I think they are a couple of games behind the curve.  It seems to me like the real rotation is getting settled into, but we're finding it right now with little room to know if it's the correct one.

Myles is playing more, and I like what he's bringing to the table for the most part.  Judge is starting to turn the corner, and I think (hope) Frank is realizing Asprilla needs to sit much, much more, and I think he will as soon as Kelly gets back.

I think the guard rotation is starting to settle a bit, the frontcourt is starting to gel a little more, and we're close.  I hate that we start out on the road, but whatever.  If they get past OSU, CU and Tech may be enough time to get us where we need to be before going to Columbia on Big Monday.
yeah... judge has been exciting and i like the guard rotation alot more now. i like how we have started pushing the ball again. i htink that has been the key to our improvement.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »
I think (hope) Frank is realizing Asprilla needs to sit much, much more, and I think he will as soon as Kelly gets back.

If this is true I might start caring again.
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »
I think (hope) Frank is realizing Asprilla needs to sit much, much more, and I think he will as soon as Kelly gets back.

If this is true I might start caring again.

he's just sick, dumbasses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."