Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 623452 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 05, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »
Sutton is comparable to McGruds?  Jesus, you are a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1176 on: March 05, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »
Sutton is comparable to McGruds?  Jesus, you are a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Are they the same player?  No.  But they are both long, defend the perimeter well, and they rebound bigger than their size.

Don't look at their rough ridin' shooting ability.  That's lazy.  Look at the rest of their game.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 05, 2011, 03:17:11 PM »
So, ignoring their offensive ability, they are the same?  Sure, they're both tall black dudes but you have to look past that.  That's just being Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 05, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
Good video of Smart and Forte.

http://www.youtube.com/user/clovesdemos#p/a/u/0/0D1V1n4ocHI

Didn't realize how JYC he was until this video. Incredible.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 06, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
Good video of Smart and Forte.

http://www.youtube.com/user/clovesdemos#p/a/u/0/0D1V1n4ocHI

Didn't realize how JYC he was until this video. Incredible.
His "JYC" qualities are why I developed a creepy someone inform Chris Hanson man crush on him when he was just starting his sophomore season of high school.  He's a warrior. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 06, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
Maybe some insight on Shawn Smith's decommitment.  SIAP.

SHAWN SMITH decision to get out of his commitment from UCF was not that much of a surprise to us. Smith will be E1T1 (Team STAT) top prospect this summer. It would not have went over to well in terms of college recruitment and exposure for the E1T1 program if their best player were already set on his college. We are not saying we agree, we are just saying that we are not surprise that he is no longer committed to UCF.

http://breakdownmagazine.com/discus/messages/11/2903.html?1299087251

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 06, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
Perry Ellis to the NOB Recruiting Journal:

Well, I attended a game in Manhattan when Kansas State played Oklahoma and had a great time. The fans were great! They had made several signs for me and did some chanting during a timeout.

http://www.nationofblue.com/nob-recruiting-journal-perry-ellis-march-6th-5748/

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 07, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »
Cauley had good game, 25 pts 11 boards, but his team got beat in sub-state semis ending their season, thus ending hope of a Heights/ONW ie Ellis/Cauley matchup at the state tourney(this yr at least). Admittedly, I don't know if Olathe East has any quality size in their frontcour to give Cauley much resistance but they appear to be a solid overall team.

http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/article&news_id=4774

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 08, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »
good smith update from cassidy.

This is a strange situation, but you guys probably deserve to know what I know. I'm going to word this delicately as to not toss Shawn under the bus or hint at any possible wrongdoing, so here goes -- just the facts:

Today, Shawn alerted me via text that he has re-committed to UCF to comply with the wishes of mother.

Smith was dismissed from the Arlington Country Day basketball team because of problems with teammates. This prompted his transfer to the Providence School, which is located in his family's hometown of Jacksonville.

According to his former high school coach, to whom I also spoke this afternoon, Smith was the briefly and somewhat-silently committed to Oregon before re-committing to UCF not too long ago.

There are a lot of issues to be worked out here, but, for the record, Shawn seems like a nice kid. He always returns my phone calls and responds to questions with almost stunning honestly.

Strange things happen in recruiting, but, if I were you guys, I'd forget about this one.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 08, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »
good smith update from cassidy.

This is a strange situation, but you guys probably deserve to know what I know. I'm going to word this delicately as to not toss Shawn under the bus or hint at any possible wrongdoing, so here goes -- just the facts:

Today, Shawn alerted me via text that he has re-committed to UCF to comply with the wishes of mother.

Smith was dismissed from the Arlington Country Day basketball team because of problems with teammates. This prompted his transfer to the Providence School, which is located in his family's hometown of Jacksonville.

According to his former high school coach, to whom I also spoke this afternoon, Smith was the briefly and somewhat-silently committed to Oregon before re-committing to UCF not too long ago.

There are a lot of issues to be worked out here, but, for the record, Shawn seems like a nice kid. He always returns my phone calls and responds to questions with almost stunning honestly.

Strange things happen in recruiting, but, if I were you guys, I'd forget about this one.

Dana has gotta be pissed.

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 13, 2011, 03:18:28 AM »
Marcus Smart won Texas 5A state title, guy is a certified pimp

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 13, 2011, 03:33:31 AM »

pretty amazing, though i guess the tapps schools siphon off a lot of the best texas talent?  still, really impressive.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SoonerHoopsfan

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 14, 2011, 12:26:39 AM »

pretty amazing, though i guess the tapps schools siphon off a lot of the best texas talent?  still, really impressive.
I really don't know on that, I mean Grace Prep has a Super team (won 4A) but Plano Prestonwood (5A runner up) only had 2 really good players than a bunch of meh.  Dallas area public schools still have a ton of talent though so I think its still a tough field to win in.  Honestly can't speak of Houston and their public vs private.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:23 AM »

I really don't know on that, I mean Grace Prep has a Super team (won 4A) but Plano Prestonwood (5A runner up) only had 2 really good players than a bunch of meh.  Dallas area public schools still have a ton of talent though so I think its still a tough field to win in.  Honestly can't speak of Houston and their public vs private.

:emawkid: graduated from a 5A TAPPS high school. other than Grace Prep and Prestonwood, i really didn't think there was that much elite talent around the league in Dallas. the Houston teams always seemed to have great players. Grace Prep has started bringing in really great players recently.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 21, 2011, 11:46:15 AM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
RT @Gelrod30: Former UCF commit Shawn Smith '12 says he is interested in South Carolina, Florida State, Kansas State, Cincinatti & others.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 21, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
RT @Gelrod30: Former UCF commit Shawn Smith '12 says he is interested in South Carolina, Florida State, Kansas State, Cincinatti & others.

:users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 21, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

:users:

I guess what Mama doin't know won't hurt her?
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 21, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »

:surprised:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »
Who will poach Kevin Ware and Chris Jones? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:06 AM »

'11's bro, would love to see us go after Jones, lack of size be damned, but would be really surprised to see us actually do that.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 22, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »

'11's bro, would love to see us go after Jones, lack of size be damned, but would be really surprised to see us actually do that.

:embarrassed:  yea leave it to me to stick it in the wrong thread. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »

This isn't directed simply at you, but it's every poster on every message board ever.

If we weren't linked to a committed player before his coach got fired, we won't have a chance with him after the fact. The same generally applies to all the high-profile transfers that take place. We just aren't getting the Seth Curry's of the world. (Although Jio Fontan and Mike Rosario are obvious exceptions.)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 22, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
If we weren't linked to a committed player before his coach got fired, we won't have a chance with him after the fact. The same generally applies to all the high-profile transfers that take place. We just aren't getting the Seth Curry's of the world. (Although Jio Fontan and Mike Rosario are obvious exceptions.)

agree with the sentiment but not the exact details.  if there's a connection, like with harris (ncsu), i think it's worth mentioning, even if kstate never recruited originally.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
Shawn Smith - Headin to orlando... then flying to kansas tomorrow #on the move

When asked why:

Family but I talked to rodney today so most likely ill be with him on campus. heard its nice there lol I'm excited I finally get to take my visit there
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:59:43 PM by Pett »

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 24, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
Shawn Smith - Headin to orlando... then flying to kansas tomorrow #on the move

When asked why:

Family but I talked to rodney today so most likely ill be with him on campus. heard its nice there lol I'm excited I finally get to take my visit there

!