Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003775 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4550 on: October 31, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
this thread is here to help people. not to help them be complete dumbasses.

You guys are being pretty mean fwiw. Thought we were all friends here but guess not. Was just curious about getting some gift cards since I have no use for travel rewards. I'm sitting on a 1.2 million Marriott points, a few Hyatt, 120k member rewards, 50k chase, and a bunch if random airline miles I prob won't use. I normally just transfer to gift cards to buy fun stuff because I don't need/want any more travel rewards and I was just looking for the best way.

Eat one and  :cry:

discover card, tho

Have thought about it, but that is not nearly as fun as churning and getting a bunch of points and getting a gift card for something I want. The discover points will just go towards my bill or in my account and get spent on groceries. Eff that, I want a new iPad.  :party:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: October 31, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
why don't you like to travel? you should go stay at the Ritz in Maui for like 2 weeks with those Marriott points.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: October 31, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

You guys are being pretty mean fwiw. Thought we were all friends here but guess not. Was just curious about getting some gift cards since I have no use for travel rewards. I'm sitting on a 1.2 million Marriott points, a few Hyatt, 120k member rewards, 50k chase, and a bunch if random airline miles I prob won't use. I normally just transfer to gift cards to buy fun stuff because I don't need/want any more travel rewards and I was just looking for the best way.

how in gods name do you have 1.2 million marriot points and not feel like or think that you can or will ever use them. i'm not being mean here, it's just fascinating and i really do want to know.

also, i'll give you a five hundred dollar best buy gift card for them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: October 31, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »
also, I bet you can get a 5,000 sq ft penthouse suite for a few days at the Cosmo in Vegas for that amount of points. consider it and invite all of goEMAW to party.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: October 31, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
I'd go on like 4 Marriott travel package trips in a row if I had 1.2 mil. just take a month off and go all over the world.
emaw

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: October 31, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »

http://rewards2cash.com/Marriott

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: October 31, 2013, 09:28:47 PM »
Travel a bunch for work, so I like to not travel on my own time. I use the Marriott points every once in a while. I am just trying to dump my member rewards points and don't want/need any travel rewards and you guys started being mean to me.  :cry:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: October 31, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Travel a bunch for work, so I like to not travel on my own time.

i understand.  keep them as points unless you are exiting the program.  if exiting, dump them in aa or united and bank them until you want to use them.  someday you'll want to travel again, and even if you don't, occasions will arise when you have to travel, even if undesired.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: November 01, 2013, 06:15:58 AM »

Travel a bunch for work, so I like to not travel on my own time. I use the Marriott points every once in a while. I am just trying to dump my member rewards points and don't want/need any travel rewards and you guys started being mean to me.  :cry:

You continually telling everyone that they are being mean is really making me want to actually be mean to you. You're just getting what you need to hear. This thread is to help people be better, not idiots.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: November 01, 2013, 06:46:41 AM »
Travel a bunch for work, so I like to not travel on my own time.

i understand.  keep them as points unless you are exiting the program.  if exiting, dump them in aa or united and bank them until you want to use them.  someday you'll want to travel again, and even if you don't, occasions will arise when you have to travel, even if undesired.

Thank you friend.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4560 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »

You continually telling everyone that they are being mean is really making me want to actually be mean to you. You're just getting what you need to hear. This thread is to help people be better, not idiots.

Not sure if you seriously think I care or actually thought people were being mean.  :thumbs:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: November 01, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
you can get the Ink or the Sapphire Preferred (40k)

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F2WT&CELL=6H8X&AFFID=Mq61XpD7Uis-QY4TP6ZMbAvXr6Q1vakLfg&pvid=a1273fc52013af10943109e9458038&jp_cmp=cc/271077/aff/3-10001867/na

This is on its way.  I shied away from the ink as i was concerned not hitting the 5k spending needing.  But ive got the 3k no prob.  I got the sw chase card a few months ago so i was a little concerned about having too many chase until i read up on them and see people having 4-6.  How often does the united cards 50k offer come up?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: November 01, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »
Another question, say i get this 50k bonus miles from sw plus a few other miles.  Whats the chance that they are transferrable to united through a another points program.  Sw miles, to hilton, to united?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: November 01, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »
Another question, say i get this 50k bonus miles from sw plus a few other miles.  Whats the chance that they are transferrable to united through a another points program.  Sw miles, to hilton, to united?

0% chance

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: November 01, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »
you can get the Ink or the Sapphire Preferred (40k)

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=F2WT&CELL=6H8X&AFFID=Mq61XpD7Uis-QY4TP6ZMbAvXr6Q1vakLfg&pvid=a1273fc52013af10943109e9458038&jp_cmp=cc/271077/aff/3-10001867/na

This is on its way.  I shied away from the ink as i was concerned not hitting the 5k spending needing.  But ive got the 3k no prob.  I got the sw chase card a few months ago so i was a little concerned about having too many chase until i read up on them and see people having 4-6.  How often does the united cards 50k offer come up?

It comes and goes but if you have any United miles you may be able to get it now (or an even better one). Do this:

-Sign into your mileage plus account in another window: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/Default.aspx?SID=D5A1D76ADA004A13BE6FB73C890661AA

-Then, once you are signed in, try clicking this link:

http://united.com/2013explorercard

-If you have any account activity you may be targetted for a 50-60-65k offer at this link. Also, check the banner ad on your "My Account" page of the United website. You could get targetted there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: November 01, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »
i just got the chase united business with 50k.  link was on flyertalk.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: November 01, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
thanks guys

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: November 01, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
 :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:12 AM »
United devaluation that would affect your Palau plans.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/11/01/big-united-miles-devaluation-coach-increases-slightly-but-star-alliance-awards-double/

damn that sucks. also sucks that he won't be able to book his flights before that goes into effect since it won't be in his 330 day window. but, the bump isn't terrible on United metal which (surprisingly) was what most routing was using when I was looking over the availability for this summer. Ultimately it will be an additional 20k UA miles RT in either biz or first as long as you stay on United metal.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: November 01, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »
Should see better award availability on European 1st class routes now though. So, if you are flush with miles and wanted to fly Lufty 1st I bet they start releasing it much earlier now. 220k RT, tho  :sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »

you should be fine. 20k more miles is pretty pud with the time you have to get them.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: November 01, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »

you should be fine. 20k more miles is pretty pud with the time you have to get them.

had some scheming going on trying to get the 150k for first.  But free flight is free flight compared to 2k

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: November 01, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
You can bet your ass AA is going to follow suit too. Another example of why you should never hoard your miles/points. Turn and burn (except on gift cards).