Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002821 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4450 on: September 20, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
Not sure if this goes in this thread but it's awesome - http://gizmodo.com/how-an-engineer-earned-1-25-million-air-miles-by-buying-1339646546?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=linkedin#

yeah, that's been discussed on here a lot. there is a better one where a guy discovered a super cheap flight somewhere in asia that earned more mile value than the cost by a pretty substantial margin (mileage run) and he hired 4 or so old people people to just fly that flight round trip every day using his account number every day for a long time and he earned millions of miles. you can't normally do that but he found loopholes that have now been closed. anyway, the CIA or FBI or something brought him in because they thought he was ferrying drug mules around and when he told them what he was doing they wanted him to set that up for them. really lol and genius. a lot of this stuff isn't possible anymore because everyone is looking for any gap in the armor.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: September 22, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Sapphire Preferred now offering a 5k referral bonus. So, like, anyone who was going to get this card at some point should tell me and I will refer them. Send me a PM if so. you will get the same sign up bonus and everything  :D

i was going to refer some friends but it looks like they would only get a 10k bonus.

eceive up to 50,000 bonus points for referring your friends.1 Fill out the names and email addresses of your friends and family before January 31, 2014. You can also refer people from your online networks via Facebook and Twitter. Each friend will receive 10,000 bonus points when they get their card and spend $500 in the first 3 months from account opening.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: September 22, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
Sapphire Preferred now offering a 5k referral bonus. So, like, anyone who was going to get this card at some point should tell me and I will refer them. Send me a PM if so. you will get the same sign up bonus and everything  :D

i was going to refer some friends but it looks like they would only get a 10k bonus.

eceive up to 50,000 bonus points for referring your friends.1 Fill out the names and email addresses of your friends and family before January 31, 2014. You can also refer people from your online networks via Facebook and Twitter. Each friend will receive 10,000 bonus points when they get their card and spend $500 in the first 3 months from account opening.
oh man. not very ethical of our friend steve dave.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: September 22, 2013, 01:04:53 PM »

Receive up to 50,000 bonus points for referring your friends.1 Fill out the names and email addresses of your friends and family before January 31, 2014. You can also refer people from your online networks via Facebook and Twitter. Each friend will receive 40,000 bonus points when they get their card and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening.

guessing you dumbasses went to the Freedom link instead of the Sapphire link

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: September 22, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »

Receive up to 50,000 bonus points for referring your friends.1 Fill out the names and email addresses of your friends and family before January 31, 2014. You can also refer people from your online networks via Facebook and Twitter. Each friend will receive 40,000 bonus points when they get their card and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening.

guessing you dumbasses went to the Freedom link instead of the Sapphire link

oooo i think this is what i get for switching from the preferred to the regular. i went through the right link but when i entered the info it game me the regular sapphire deal. damnit.  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: September 22, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »
yes, that would do it

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: September 22, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
yes, that would do it
in my defense, I didn't look into this at all.  I trusted bubbles post.  eff you bubbles. sorry sd.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: September 23, 2013, 07:11:37 AM »
yes, that would do it
in my defense, I didn't look into this at all.  I trusted bubbles post.  eff you bubbles. sorry sd.

you have a long history of not trusting sd and then looking like a clown for it. no change here.  ;)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: September 23, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
sd- so we stop posting on this blog and go work for darius? like keep our actual real jobs but just do mile and points stuff for him instead of this?  :dunno:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/09/23/im-hiring/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: September 23, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
sd- so we stop posting on this blog and go work for darius? like keep our actual real jobs but just do mile and points stuff for him instead of this?  :dunno:

Seems like more of a Rams type gig. He'd have you driving to every walmart and drug store in the state to take pictures of vanilla reload cards with the poors of the points game.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

Seems like more of a Rams type gig. He'd have you driving to every walmart and drug store in the state to take pictures of vanilla reload cards with the poors of the points game.

well i'm not doing that. maybe we still tell darius that we'll take the gig though but then just have rams do all the stuff that we aren't willing to in exchange for board cred and a six month subscrition to premium?  :dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: September 23, 2013, 09:32:38 AM »
so i've thought about this some more and decided that having to manage rams would be infuriating. saul, go ahead and punch this ticket as closed and let's put this baby to bed. we gave it a shot and it didn't work out. nothing wrong with that.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: September 23, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »
so i've thought about this some more and decided that having to manage rams would be infuriating. saul, go ahead and punch this ticket as closed and let's put this baby to bed. we gave it a shot and it didn't work out. nothing wrong with that.

have to agree with this. did you see that post yesterday where i asked a little question and it lead him to a full-blown attack on sd's character? that guy is a mess!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: September 23, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »
application. submitted.  :gocho:

:kstategrad:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: September 23, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
Southwest Rapid Rewards redemption rate is going from 60 points per dollar to 70 points per dollar (for Wanna Get Away fares) on March 31.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »
Southwest Rapid Rewards redemption rate is going from 60 points per dollar to 70 points per dollar (for Wanna Get Away fares) on March 31.

that sucks for people who fly SW a lot.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: September 23, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »

I am going to empty out my RR account before then I guess.  BOGO with the companion pass?  Don't mind if I do.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »
i still have some southwest points, but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. 7 instead of 6. um, ok. maybe rams can break it down further for me on millionmilesecrets next week though and i'll reconsider.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: September 23, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
i'm applying for an ink plus. my questions:

business name - bubbles' financial consulting?
business address - home?
tax id - SSN?
type - sole proprietor?

I applied for this card on 9/14 and received the card today. I put my name as the business, my home address for the business address, and sole proprietor as business type. I even put $0 for my annual business revenue/sales. That tells me they really don't give a crap about the business information.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: September 26, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
https://www.rocketmiles.com/3k-bonus

:dunno: prob makes some sense for people that can book their own work travel.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: September 27, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »
https://www.rocketmiles.com/3k-bonus

:dunno: prob makes some sense for people that can book their own work travel.

yeah, that and pointhound run constant bonuses like this. both are decent. pointshound will allow you to get your elite status benefits and stuff too at some properties. not sure if rocketmiles does as well or not.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatatime/2013/09/30/staples-now-selling-ipads/

staples now selling ipads. have been waiting on the 5 to come out to get one for doctor dave and now I will be getting about 5k UR points on the purchase.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
sapphire spend met...

spg next?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 30, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »
sapphire spend met...

spg next?

eh, missed the 30k. can wait about 10 months and get a 30k version. I would get something else right now. get a 50k AA if you haven't yet. or a 50k Ink. or a 50k United.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
sapphire spend met...

spg next?

eh, missed the 30k. can wait about 10 months and get a 30k version. I would get something else right now. get a 50k AA if you haven't yet. or a 50k Ink. or a 50k United.

already got the 30k united  :cry:. ill try AA. thanks, steve!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.