Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002341 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4425 on: September 07, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »
Everyone sign up for Uber via this link:

https://uber.com/invite/x9otm

You will get $10 in Uber credits and I will get $10 in Uber credits. Then you can order cabs and stuff. TIA.

:D

used Uber 4 times this week in Chicago. we had 6 guys so couldn't fit into one cab. we got an SUV each time and it usually only took about 5 minutes to get to us. you don't pay. you don't tip. they just bill the card you have registered on the account. you go on the app, hit the type of vehicle you want and they show you on the map where the car is and how long it will take to get to you. they show you a picture of your driver and the vehicle type and his plate number. if they don't know exactly where you are via the GPS they call you and you tell them where you are waiting but we only had that happen once. you can also get regular taxis and different car types. we tried tipping the first guy that picked us up and he wouldn't have it. they also have bottled water for you in the cars. huge fan of this.

seems pretty great. i assume this is just for large cities like Chicago?

Yeah, right now it's just in:

NORTH AMERICA
ATLANTA  BALTIMORE  BOSTON CHICAGO  DALLAS  DENVER DETROIT  HAMPTONS  HONOLULU INDIANAPOLIS  LOS ANGELES  MEXICO CITY MINNEAPOLIS  NEW YORK CITY  ORANGE COUNTY PHILADELPHIA  PHOENIX  PROVIDENCE SACRAMENTO  SAN DIEGO  SAN FRANCISCO SEATTLE  TORONTO  WASHINGTON D.C.

EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
AMSTERDAM  BERLIN  CAPE TOWN DUBAI  JOHANNESBURG  LONDON LYON  MILAN  MUNICH PARIS  ROME  STOCKHOLM ZURICH

ASIA PACIFIC
BANGALORE  MELBOURNE  SEOUL SHANGHAI  SINGAPORE  SYDNEY TAIPEI

rusty, you can call a delorean uber to pick you up in san fran (for free!) :horrorsurprise:

http://blog.uber.com/deloreans

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: September 08, 2013, 06:17:48 PM »
Indianapolis? I mean they can keep the filthy NCAA, but they can't have elite taxi services too  :frown:

Uber is trying to get to KC but getting pushback from taxis....so they are working that piece out first I've heard.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: September 08, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »
Indianapolis? I mean they can keep the filthy NCAA, but they can't have elite taxi services too  :frown:

Uber is trying to get to KC but getting pushback from taxis....so they are working that piece out first I've heard.
thru get pushback (and lawsuits) from taxis in every city they enter.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: September 08, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
Luckily they have an almost bottomless google funded war chest so those taxi companies all eventually go down.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: September 08, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
rusty, you can call a delorean uber to pick you up in san fran (for free!) :horrorsurprise:

http://blog.uber.com/deloreans

i'm def using this.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: September 14, 2013, 07:34:26 AM »
Sapphire Preferred now offering a 5k referral bonus. So, like, anyone who was going to get this card at some point should tell me and I will refer them. Send me a PM if so. you will get the same sign up bonus and everything  :D

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: September 14, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
Sapphire Preferred now offering a 5k referral bonus. So, like, anyone who was going to get this card at some point should tell me and I will refer them. Send me a PM if so. you will get the same sign up bonus and everything  :D

The real reason SD wanted to start this blog site
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: September 14, 2013, 10:50:28 AM »

The real reason SD wanted to start this blog site

nailed it. five years and thousands of bbs posts all leading to this. the sad thing is that i would've just given him 5k ur points if he just would've asked. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »
impressive slow play

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: September 17, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
i'm applying for an ink plus. my questions:

business name - bubbles' financial consulting?
business address - home?
tax id - SSN?
type - sole proprietor?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »

business address - home?
tax id - SSN?
type - sole proprietor?

I'd do something like sell stuff on etsy or ebay or something else. if you do financial consulting they may start asking questions. unless you actually do financial consulting. other than that, yes to the rest of the questions.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: September 17, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »
or put drug dealer
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: September 17, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »
Consultant

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: September 17, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »

How long is this good for?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: September 17, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »

business address - home?
tax id - SSN?
type - sole proprietor?
I'd do something like sell stuff on etsy or ebay or something else. if you do financial consulting they may start asking questions. unless you actually do financial consulting. other than that, yes to the rest of the questions.
my wife just applied and was approved for the ink this week.  I just put her name as the business name.

also, somewhat related, ink just recently switched from mastercard to visa and the buzz is that they may actually be considering this a new product. that would be amazing.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: September 17, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
thanks guys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: September 17, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
May have to cancel a leg of a trip I booked with 12.5k United miles because of a work trip. Obviously best case scenario is my company taking care of the cancellation fee and refunding the miles, but what is my best option if I don't? Pay the cancellation fee to get the miles back, or just not get on the flight and lose the miles?

Would there be any kind of penalty for just not showing up on my flight?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:32:25 PM by michigancat »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: September 17, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »
May have to cancel a leg of a trip I booked with 12.5k United miles because of a work trip. Obviously best case scenario is my company taking care of the cancellation fee and refunding the miles, but what is my best option if I don't? Pay the cancellation fee to get the miles back, or just not get on the flight and lose the miles?

I can't imagine there would be an additional penalty for no-showing.

as far as paying the cancellation fee, I think a lot of people value the miles at about 1.6 cents per, so that's about $200 worth of points.   obviously the miles may be worth more or less to you, so just do the math and see if it makes sense.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: September 17, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »

Instead of canceling, can you just rebook for a later date? That's the cheapest option. If you booked the flight before June 19th and it's >21 days to the date of travel you can book a later date for free. Otherwise it's $75-$100 to change the date depending on when you booked and when the flight is.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: September 18, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

define "leg of a trip".    If this is part of a larger itinerary booked on the same ticket, if you no-show for any part, the remaining legs will be cancelled and no refund.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: September 18, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »

define "leg of a trip".    If this is part of a larger itinerary booked on the same ticket, if you no-show for any part, the remaining legs will be cancelled and no refund.

it's one flight. hence 12.5k united miles.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: September 18, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »

Instead of canceling, can you just rebook for a later date? That's the cheapest option. If you booked the flight before June 19th and it's >21 days to the date of travel you can book a later date for free. Otherwise it's $75-$100 to change the date depending on when you booked and when the flight is.

No, can't reschedule. I am going from SFO to MCI, and would be cancelling the return to SFO to leave on my work trip, which would eventually get me back to SFO. I mean I suppose I could just assume I will go to KC and reschedule it for a long time from now but I can't plan that far ahead.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: September 18, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »
sucks but that's probably your best bet at this point. just pick a date that may be feasible (holidays?) and move it. then, if you can't use it you can just eat it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: September 19, 2013, 09:46:35 AM »
Hmm, canceled my SW card several months ago and just got an offer for a new one. I can't sign up and get the bonus, can I???

nope
actually that depends.  there are two versions of each the personal and the business.  the premier and the other one with the smaller annual fee and annual bonus.  you can get the bonus on all four cards.

It was the Premiere Card! Thanks, friend! :cheers:
you might want to hold off until closer to the end of the year if you can and do a personal and a business and get the companion pass.  my companion pass expires after this year and I'm hoping sw brings back the 50k bonus toward the end of the year or early next year on the premiere personal and business so I can get the companion pass again for '14-'15.
southwest 50k is back and it looks like it will be until october 30th.   :billdance:

Offline billyzabka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: September 20, 2013, 09:39:57 AM »