Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004618 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4250 on: August 14, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
Just booked the Andaz Maui at $0.038613 per point for a 5 night stay. And got $0.037 per point on the flight.

110k Hyatt points for the $4,247.43 hotel
150k AA for the $5,550 flights

pretty excited.

Wow this seems great.  I am booking a $400 flight with 40k UR points.  You got a better deal me thinks.   :frown:

don't.

https://rewards2cash.com/

Anybody ever done this? Seems interesting, but a little shady...

It's a terrible redemption for everything except possibly Delta.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 14, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
Just booked the Andaz Maui at $0.038613 per point for a 5 night stay. And got $0.037 per point on the flight.

pretty excited.

Wow this seems great.  I am booking a $400 flight with 40k UR points.  You got a better deal me thinks.   :frown:

don't.

i think i'm missing something here because it looks like you can sell 60k Delta SkyMiles for $10  :confused:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 14, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »

pretty excited.

don't.

i think i'm missing something here because it looks like you can sell 60k Delta SkyMiles for $10  :confused:

it's $10 per 1k miles. so you can sell 60k for $600.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 14, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »

pretty excited.

don't.

it's $10 per 1k miles. so you can sell 60k for $600.

because math  :D

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4254 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
i'm ready to apply for some new cards. in the past i've been denied a couple times and i'm wondering if it's due to the amount of credit i have available relative to my income. would it help or hurt me to close cards/ask for credit extensions?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 15, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »

pretty excited.

don't.

yes, got a very good cash deal on some UR points my wife had lingering.    Quick and painless.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 15, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »
if anyone was thinking about switching to directv you can get 25k AA points if you do between now and october

http://link.aa.com/r/YYGLDZ/5PA4Y/5L01GG/V0982M/JI99K5/LR/h
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 15, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »

pretty excited.

don't.

yes, got a very good cash deal on some UR points my wife had lingering.    Quick and painless.

next time anyone wants to do this come to me first and I'll make you a much better "cash deal". that is a terrible UR redemption.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Hmm, canceled my SW card several months ago and just got an offer for a new one. I can't sign up and get the bonus, can I???

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
Hmm, canceled my SW card several months ago and just got an offer for a new one. I can't sign up and get the bonus, can I???

nope

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »

nope
actually that depends.  there are two versions of each the personal and the business.  the premier and the other one with the smaller annual fee and annual bonus.  you can get the bonus on all four cards.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 16, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »

nope
actually that depends.  there are two versions of each the personal and the business.  the premier and the other one with the smaller annual fee and annual bonus.  you can get the bonus on all four cards.

:popcorn:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
rams is right in that there are two personal and two biz. it's possible that rustykatkat got the offer for the personal that he hasn't already had. sd is right in that if it's the same card, he can't get the bonus twice.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 16, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »

nope

It was the Premiere Card! Thanks, friend! :cheers:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
rams is right in that there are two personal and two biz. it's possible that rustykatkat got the offer for the personal that he hasn't already had. sd is right in that if it's the same card, he can't get the bonus twice.

sorry, my popcorn was not insinuating that steve is wrong.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 16, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »

nope

you might want to hold off until closer to the end of the year if you can and do a personal and a business and get the companion pass.  my companion pass expires after this year and I'm hoping sw brings back the 50k bonus toward the end of the year or early next year on the premiere personal and business so I can get the companion pass again for '14-'15. 
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »

nope

if it's not for 50k then i'd hold off because i'll bet you a reasonable amount of money that it will be 50k again within the next six months.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
It was for 50k. But I was thinking about doing the Sapphire next. (I only like doing one at a time).

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4268 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »
i'm ready to apply for some new cards. in the past i've been denied a couple times and i'm wondering if it's due to the amount of credit i have available relative to my income. would it help or hurt me to close cards/ask for credit extensions?
:dubious:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »

what cards do you have? what cards were you denied for?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 16, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
generally it's impossible to speculate why you were denied for any particular card.  did you not call reconsideration?  they usually tell you exactly why you were denied?  I suppose they could be concerned about amount of credit available relative to income but a large part of your credit rating is credit available to credit utilized...in that the more credit you have available the better as long as you don't carry any balances.  in that sense, reducing the amount of credit available by closing cards would generally hurt your overall score.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #4271 on: August 18, 2013, 08:59:03 PM »
Ok I just got the 50k bonus from the AAdvantage visa. Now what? Get some other card? Keep using this one until they want an annual fee? Highlight these cells in the spreadsheet? What other points synergize with AA points?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 18, 2013, 09:02:06 PM »
Ok I just got the 50k bonus from the AAdvantage visa. Now what? Get some other card? Keep using this one until the want an annual fee?

this is your first churn?  just put it to the side and remember to cancel it before the fee kicks in.  and get another card (actually 2 or 3, assuming you're ok on the spend side).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:05 AM »
this is also where people just need to tell me what card to get next

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
this is also where people just need to tell me what card to get next

spg, sapphire, ink, us air, different aa card.  you can apply for all of these in the same day if you can make the spend requirements. if you can't make the spend requirements just pull off whatever cards will get you to a figure you can reach.