Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1001945 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3750 on: May 05, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
why till sept?  why not just wait until the day after you lock your rate and apply then?

i don't think a couple new cards would impact your rate, but i wouldn't eff around with it.  when i got my mortgage, the lender did have me fill out some form explaining my frequent credit card applications.  i don't think it impacted my rate, but who knows.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3751 on: May 05, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
why till sept?  why not just wait until the day after you lock your rate and apply then?

i don't think a couple new cards would impact your rate, but i wouldn't eff around with it.  when i got my mortgage, the lender did have me fill out some form explaining my frequent credit card applications.  i don't think it impacted my rate, but who knows.

True - on your first point. Guess I wasn't 100% thinking that through. Sounds like a pretty safe plan.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »
Not sure is run around applying for a bunch of new credit just before closing.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 05, 2013, 08:55:46 PM »
Not sure is run around applying for a bunch of new credit just before closing.
Wut, Rick?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 07, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »
I have some United Club passes that are expiring at the end of June and I don't think I will be able to use them. Does anyone want them? I will mail them to you if so.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3755 on: May 07, 2013, 01:49:46 PM »
I have some United Club passes that are expiring at the end of June and I don't think I will be able to use them. Does anyone want them? I will mail them to you if so.

I'm flying United on Sunday, do you think they could make it to Topeka by Wednesday? prolly not, but maybe :fingerscrossed:
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3756 on: May 07, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »

I'm flying United on Sunday, do you think they could make it to Topeka by Wednesday? prolly not, but maybe :fingerscrossed:

Or could they make it to Ithaca, NY by Saturday.....
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3757 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

hmmm, doubtful. I wonder if I could just scan them and email them to you. I think the number on the back of them is the only thing you need. fwiw, you don't need to be flying United to use them. just spending time in an airport with a United lounge.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3758 on: May 07, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »

hmmm, doubtful. I wonder if I could just scan them and email them to you. I think the number on the back of them is the only thing you need. fwiw, you don't need to be flying United to use them. just spending time in an airport with a United lounge.

I'm connecting in Newark, which has a lounge, I'll pm you my email address and give it a shot
I'm purple down

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
after you email the scans to raquet, you can slip the originals in the mail to me.  i don't need them for a week and a half.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 07, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »
thanks sd, heading out of town in a few weeks and these will really come in handy!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 07, 2013, 08:33:01 PM »
after you email the scans to raquet, you can slip the originals in the mail to me.  i don't need them for a week and a half.

PM me your address. I'll mail them Wednesday in case the scans don't work.

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 08, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
Got the AA card in the mail. Activated and then spoke w/ a CSR. Confirmed the 50k. :D

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 08, 2013, 10:06:24 PM »
did a churn tonight sooner than I would've preferred because I wanted to get in on the amex gold business 75k deal before they take it down.  applied for that and us airways and virgin atlantic.  didn't get instant approval on any of them.  I rough ridin' hate not getting instant approval.  now I have to call them all tomorrow.  :angry:

I mean I know it's not going to happen but I'm always worried they're going to be like "WHY ARE YOU APPLYING FOR SO MANY CARDS DON'T YOU HAVE ENOUGH!?!"  :ohno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: May 09, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
sonuva.. if sys didn't use them.. 2 weeks united mci-heathrow

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: May 10, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »
so i think i may have posted this earlier in this thread but couldnt find it- i got denied for a few of the nicer cc's because i had a blemish on my credit from almost 2 years ago that had been closed but hadnt been reported to the bureaus. when i applied they all said no because that was the only thing showing up besides my student loans.

about 2 months ago i looked at my credit score and filed an official protest to the collection agency and finally today i got an email saying i won and it was off my credit officially. i just got a crappy credit card but it doesnt get me any points or anything. should i wait like 30 days before re-applying for a better card or just do it now? i feel like ive applied for 4 or 5 cards in the last 60 days and it could look a bit desperate.

ps- sd! ive been using my card for everything and it feels so great except for i want to be earning points and cool stuff, like you.  :cheers:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
so i think i may have posted this earlier in this thread but couldnt find it- i got denied for a few of the nicer cc's because i had a blemish on my credit from almost 2 years ago that had been closed but hadnt been reported to the bureaus. when i applied they all said no because that was the only thing showing up besides my student loans.

about 2 months ago i looked at my credit score and filed an official protest to the collection agency and finally today i got an email saying i won and it was off my credit officially. i just got a crappy credit card but it doesnt get me any points or anything. should i wait like 30 days before re-applying for a better card or just do it now? i feel like ive applied for 4 or 5 cards in the last 60 days and it could look a bit desperate.

ps- sd! ive been using my card for everything and it feels so great except for i want to be earning points and cool stuff, like you.  :cheers:

Congrats KSC.  I have no clue on your advice though.  :frown:

On the other hand I just finished the spend and get my points on the ole SPG.  Have already completed companion pass and now the SPG spend, what should I do next?

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
Oh man, I have spent a little while trying to figure out what big vacation I want to try and earn points for.  Been reading up on these stopover and openjaw deals and I think I want to try and do a stopover in Rio and then end up in Lima Peru before coming back to the states on one roundtrip reward flight.  It looks like Delta and United (and their airline alliances) might have the ability to do this.  I am still trying to figure it out. 

Basically I need to figure out which airline or group would have the best availability for this trip sometime mid 2014 for the least amount of points.  And/or which one would be easiest to earn the amount of points needed for a trip like this.

Need some pro help

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 11, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »
Is the World Elite AA card worth the extra fee?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 13, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »
Is the World Elite AA card worth the extra fee?

if you fly a ton and don't have admirals club admission it could be. but, like, if you fly a ton you probably get admirals club admission anyway. kind of a weird deal. like, the people that would get the most use out of the benefits are the people that already have the benefits. it has no foreign transaction fees but so do most of the Chase cards. so, I'd say no.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 13, 2013, 12:08:11 PM »
Oh man, I have spent a little while trying to figure out what big vacation I want to try and earn points for.  Been reading up on these stopover and openjaw deals and I think I want to try and do a stopover in Rio and then end up in Lima Peru before coming back to the states on one roundtrip reward flight.  It looks like Delta and United (and their airline alliances) might have the ability to do this.  I am still trying to figure it out. 

Basically I need to figure out which airline or group would have the best availability for this trip sometime mid 2014 for the least amount of points.  And/or which one would be easiest to earn the amount of points needed for a trip like this.

Need some pro help

AA miles are prolly your best bet to S. America as LAN is a One World member. AA also has good service. Get a personal and business AA card and then get another personal AA card later. You can't do stopovers on one world though (other than the US gateway city which would be Miami or Dallas for this). Open jaws are easy because they allow one way award bookings.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

I don't know here. You could actually prolly call Chase on their reconsideration line and have them just re-evaluate your application again. They would do another hard credit pull. I say go for applying for a better one though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 13, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
SD, should I be paying rent, loans, etc. all with my CC to gain points and then pay it off immediately? I've thought about this, but I could see how it could get you into trouble if you weren't paying attention all the time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
I have like 2k United miles coming from ordering mothers day flowers. Also got just under 2k for ordering shoes the other day. FTD had 30 miles per $ spent which is essentially like buying United miles for a bit over 3 cents each which isn't an awful deal.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
SD, should I be paying rent, loans, etc. all with my CC to gain points and then pay it off immediately? I've thought about this, but I could see how it could get you into trouble if you weren't paying attention all the time.

you probably shouldn't have credit cards