Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005478 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3575 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
I'm probably the only person that cares but stupid butthurt gary leff parrots Lucky's blog posts constantly. lucky will post some boss thing and immediately here comes gary to either post the same thing or dispute some thing lucky said. lucky never posts crap about gary. I think he hates him but that could just be me saying that. like, today lucky posts from his resort:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2013/03/26/hello-from-the-conrad-koh-samui/

immediately here comes stupid rough ridin' asshat gary to point out that he's been to that resort and mention the exact same things lucky just did:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2013/03/26/deep-discount-award-tickets-for-flying-around-southeast-asia/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:43 AM »
today is supposed to be the last day the 50k SW cards are available so if you want them now is the time to get them. they will probably bring the 50k offer back later in the year.

also, another reminder to book your HH awards and AXON awards today.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: March 27, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »

also, another reminder to book your HH awards and AXON awards today.
:frown:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3578 on: March 27, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
I'm probably the only person that cares but stupid butthurt gary leff parrots Lucky's blog posts constantly. lucky will post some boss thing and immediately here comes gary to either post the same thing or dispute some thing lucky said. lucky never posts crap about gary. I think he hates him but that could just be me saying that. like, today lucky posts from his resort:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2013/03/26/hello-from-the-conrad-koh-samui/

immediately here comes stupid rough ridin' asshat gary to point out that he's been to that resort and mention the exact same things lucky just did:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2013/03/26/deep-discount-award-tickets-for-flying-around-southeast-asia/

What's the benefit to being a part of the boardingarea blogs? Just increased traffic? Seems like lucky has a big enough following that he could go solo like millionmiles or thepointsguy :dunno:  that wouldn't solve his "Gary is a douche" problem though
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
I have no idea. I doubt darius has 1/50th of the traffic that Lucky does though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 27, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
Just booked an AXON in NYC. Almost all the Hiltons in the city are going from 40k/50k to 80k/90k a night  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 27, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
have any of you guys had both the visa and mastercard versions of the sapphire preferred and got the bonus again?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »
Just booked an AXON in NYC. Almost all the Hiltons in the city are going from 40k/50k to 80k/90k a night  :frown:

Just booked in Napa. 

Never kicked my Virgin America card points over to Hilton like I planned on.  Not sure what to do with them now :frown:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: March 27, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »

Just booked in Napa. 

Never kicked my Virgin America card points over to Hilton like I planned on.  Not sure what to do with them now :frown:
you do realize that hhonors didn't just vanish, right? I mean you can still stay in some pretty nice hotels for 2 nights on 100k hhonors...or get another virgin card and stay 5 nights. :dunno:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3586 on: March 27, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

Just booked in Napa. 

you do realize that hhonors didn't just vanish, right? I mean you can still stay in some pretty nice hotels for 2 nights on 100k hhonors...or get another virgin card and stay 5 nights. :dunno:

Yea, just makes me hesitate now that there maybe better value somewhere else

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: March 27, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »

Just booked in Napa. 

Yea, just makes me hesitate now that there maybe better value somewhere else
yeah I don't know who else they transfer with but they have big fuel surcharges so it doesn't make much sense to redeem them there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: March 29, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »
The Hilton in NYC I booked on a 4 night AXON Wednesday for 125k would cost me 320k HH today because there are no longer GLON awards. a 156% increase.  :sdeek: The rumblings are that the new AXONs will still be for cat. 5-7 at the same rate but Hilton now has 3 categories above that (the one I booked is now a 9 and wouldn't even be eligible). HH is such a pile of crap now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: March 29, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
Four Seasons is launching a points or loyalty program or something. kind of weird. Ritz has one but it's connected to Marriott.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: March 29, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »
Is there a better airline between United and AA for flying to Europe? Considering Europe for honeymoon late this year or early next year and need to rack up miles/points to lesson the out of pocket expense. Got ~60,000 w/ United and ~50,000 with AA. Got ~60,000 TY points and ~40,000 FlexPoints. Looking through FT to try find out what to use those for. Got ~30,000 SPG and ~70,000 Marriott. Looking to potentially get some combination of Ink, US Airways, Citi AA, Sapphire, Hyatt, and maybe Carlson. Wedding spend should help meet minimums.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: March 29, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »
Is there a better airline between United and AA for flying to Europe? Considering Europe for honeymoon late this year or early next year and need to rack up miles/points to lesson the out of pocket expense. Got ~60,000 w/ United and ~50,000 with AA. Got ~60,000 TY points and ~40,000 FlexPoints. Looking through FT to try find out what to use those for. Got ~30,000 SPG and ~70,000 Marriott. Looking to potentially get some combination of Ink, US Airways, Citi AA, Sapphire, Hyatt, and maybe Carlson. Wedding spend should help meet minimums.

There are many more options in Star Alliance (United) for Euro travel imo. Lufty, Swiss, Air Canada, United, Austrian, Brussels, US Air (for a litle while longer) all have good service to Europe. Given the amount of carriers they have better availability than One World imo. You are going to want to book ASAP if you want to fly later this year in biz or first class though. 100k RT in biz with either. With United it is super easy to do a open jaw and stopover as well. Makes is easy to hit multiple stops in Europe on the same award. Pound a few Ultimate Rewards cards and get to 200k United and book that SOB.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: March 29, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
Like, with United, you can fly into London and stay there for a few days on a stopover, then fly to Paris and stay there for a few days. You can take the train to Florence and stay there for a few days taking your return flight from there on an open jaw all for 100k United miles in business class (train ticket not included of course).

http://hackmytrip.com/2012/07/maximize-your-miles-stopovers-and-open-jaws-on-united/

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: March 29, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »
Sweet, thanks. Leaning towards waiting until next year so should be able to accrue the points. It's all me though since she has no credit history. Can't wait to eventually get her in the game.  :party:

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: March 29, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Like, with United, you can fly into London and stay there for a few days on a stopover, then fly to Paris and stay there for a few days. You can take the train to Florence and stay there for a few days taking your return flight from there on an open jaw all for 100k United miles in business class (train ticket not included of course).

http://hackmytrip.com/2012/07/maximize-your-miles-stopovers-and-open-jaws-on-united/

Holy crap, that's awesome. Was wondering how to best do this. Hoping for 10-14 days. Had been looking into flying into somewhere central and using the train to visit London/Paris/Amsterdam/Switzerland/Italy/etc. Thanks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3595 on: March 30, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
@OneMileataTime: Literally crying. I've flown close to 2.5 million miles and had scariest flight of my life. Crew was crying too. Thankful to be alive.

:eek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: March 30, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »
@OneMileataTime: Literally crying. I've flown close to 2.5 million miles and had scariest flight of my life. Crew was crying too. Thankful to be alive.

:eek:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2013/03/30/my-royal-jordanian-flight-from-hell/

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: March 30, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
Kind of a diva.  Why worry so much about professionalism when, based on your vast experience, you think you might die?  I guess maybe he is so accoustomed to writing reviews that he can't help it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: March 30, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
I don't even know what the food was like.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: March 30, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »
my palms get sweaty at the slightest turbulence so I probably would've just killed myself
emaw