Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002969 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3075 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
the SW card is good for n00bs in most cases.

https://creditcards.chase.com/T600-020/Default.aspx?LP=6000280&AFFID=PPkX79_c.b0-N.Zh1sJ.ZUmLrx1DsdUGpA&CELL=6H8X&vanity=a1/southwest/2ffaffiliate

after you get this one and get the miles credited get this one

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2ffaffiliate/?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=PPkX79_c.b0-rKjBhIoKeDvniQQogU9AhQ&pvid=209558FOF505640372&jp_cmp=cc/271070/ext/3-10001876/na

you will get 100k total miles after meeting the spend on both. then you will need to get to 110k SW miles (just spend a total of 10k on the cards) and you will get a free companion pass for the remainder of the year and all of next year so everytime you book a flight a bud or chick bud flys free with you.

I would be a newbie as well on this.  So if I get the 100k points by say March/April i would have caompanion pass all of 2013 and 2014?

you need 110k. you'd get 100k bonus with the cards and it would take you 4,000 in spend to get that which would be another 4k. then you'd have 104k and would just need 6k more. spending 6k more on those cards would be the most common way to get them but there are other ways such as transferring marriot or choice hotel points.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 20, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
the SW card is good for n00bs in most cases.

https://creditcards.chase.com/T600-020/Default.aspx?LP=6000280&AFFID=PPkX79_c.b0-N.Zh1sJ.ZUmLrx1DsdUGpA&CELL=6H8X&vanity=a1/southwest/2ffaffiliate

after you get this one and get the miles credited get this one

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/2ffaffiliate/?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=PPkX79_c.b0-rKjBhIoKeDvniQQogU9AhQ&pvid=209558FOF505640372&jp_cmp=cc/271070/ext/3-10001876/na

you will get 100k total miles after meeting the spend on both. then you will need to get to 110k SW miles (just spend a total of 10k on the cards) and you will get a free companion pass for the remainder of the year and all of next year so everytime you book a flight a bud or chick bud flys free with you.

I would be a newbie as well on this.  So if I get the 100k points by say March/April i would have caompanion pass all of 2013 and 2014?

you need 110k. you'd get 100k bonus with the cards and it would take you 4,000 in spend to get that which would be another 4k. then you'd have 104k and would just need 6k more. spending 6k more on those cards would be the most common way to get them but there are other ways such as transferring marriot or choice hotel points.

I would guess the key is getting all 110k in one year. So getting the bonus spends both after jan 1 plus a few flights or 6k in spending should do the trick?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »
confirmed

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »
Got my first SWRR card today. Here I come companion status.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
Got my first SWRR card today. Here I come companion status.

CHA CHING :kstategrad:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: November 29, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
did the cash back barclays card.. I mean it was nice but I feel so unfulfilled compared to getting points

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
Did everybody get their statement credit for small business Saturday

I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: November 30, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
yup  :dance:

also the bluebird/vanilla thing worked great...while it lasted.  they're still selling them at the cvs right by my house so it sucks that the 5x points is done but it makes it ridiculously easy to meet minimum spends.  not really interested in more hhonors points as the wife and I have over 400k as it is and they're stupid easy to get with churns.

just had my "legacy" chase slate card that I've had for over 10 years converted to a freedom so I can take advantage of the 2013 bonus points categories.  1st quarter includes drugstores (vanilla reloads) and 4th quarter includes amazon.com (amazon payments).  :lol:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 30, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »

also the bluebird/vanilla thing worked great...while it lasted.  they're still selling them at the cvs right by my house so it sucks that the 5x points is done but it makes it ridiculously easy to meet minimum spends.  not really interested in more hhonors points as the wife and I have over 400k as it is and they're stupid easy to get with churns.

just had my "legacy" chase slate card that I've had for over 10 years converted to a freedom so I can take advantage of the 2013 bonus points categories.  1st quarter includes drugstores (vanilla reloads) and 4th quarter includes amazon.com (amazon payments).  :lol:

thanks for the heads up...will have to do the same.

I'm missing 1 AMEX SBS credit our of 10, but I'm not worried.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3084 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to the first quarter chase freedom categories too, I just ordered a bluebird and there is a CvS really close to my house so it will be an easy 7500 ultimate rewards points. Can you buy stuff (iPad, TV, etc) with Hilton points? Unless you have a big trip coming up I wouldn't think there would be any good reason for having that many hhonors points just sitting there. I need to get more familiar with Amazon payments, I feel like I'm missing out on an opportunity there
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3085 on: November 30, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

Yeah I'm looking forward to the first quarter chase freedom categories too, I just ordered a bluebird and there is a CvS really close to my house so it will be an easy 7500 ultimate rewards points. Can you buy stuff (iPad, TV, etc) with Hilton points? Unless you have a big trip coming up I wouldn't think there would be any good reason for having that many hhonors points just sitting there. I need to get more familiar with Amazon payments, I feel like I'm missing out on an opportunity there

you can buy stuff with hhonors points but the cost is crap. definitely not recommended.  I just started collecting them by churning cards and ended up racking up a ton.  you can spend 4 nights at the highest level hilton for 145k points, so it's a pretty good deal.  I've just got them for whenever we need them.  :dunno:

there's nothing really special with amazon payments other than it makes it easy to hit minimum spends on multiple cards.  other than of course the freedom bonus next year.  I alternate between amazon payments and fully refundable southwest flights to meet my minimums.  about to get my wife the double aadvantage cards so will probably hit the vanilla reload/amazon payments/southwest refundable and knock them both out in a month or 2.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: November 30, 2012, 05:43:39 PM »
Does SW do this same offer sometime throughout the year with the annual fee waived?  Or is the annual fee just a given on this one? 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: November 30, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »
Does SW do this same offer sometime throughout the year with the annual fee waived?  Or is the annual fee just a given on this one?

a given and the 50k comes and goes. there for two months and then gone for three, etc.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 06, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Any goemawers ever been to a frequent traveler university? Seems like it would be a good time, learn about miles and points and get hammered with lucky at night, maybe we should host a local one in mhk :dunno:
I'm purple down

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 06, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
I'm going to be doing the SW next month.  Will have about 2k from Bowl/Vegas flights at the beginning of the year as well as 2 SW cards.  Transfer a few points and boom, companion pass for 2 years

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: December 06, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
Any goemawers ever been to a frequent traveler university? Seems like it would be a good time, learn about miles and points and get hammered with lucky at night, maybe we should host a local one in mhk :dunno:

I don't think lucky gets hammered. also I'm pretty sure I'd hate all of those people in real life. or at least hate hanging out with them. I can assure you I would punch Gary Leff in the face and stomach and balls and face.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 06, 2012, 01:16:16 PM »
then he'd make, like, 7 consecutive blog entries about how he disagrees with my punching him in the face and how I did it and why I was wrong and why he was right and why my punch was with the wrong hand and other crap.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 06, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »
yeah. no way lucky drinks. debatably you might be able to get mommy points to through down a few margaritas, but then i have a feeling that you would also get stuck with story after story about little c and how little c is such a hoot and starting to potty on the potty etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 06, 2012, 01:50:14 PM »
Daraius would humiliatingly ask the bartender to take multiple photos of everyone together and then have a complete shitshow panic attack when his wife got short of breath because someone may have breathed fish breath onto her or something. Brian Kelly would try to get everyone wasted and go to karaoke and not the fun kind but the creepy kind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 06, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
Daraius would humiliatingly ask the bartender to take multiple photos of everyone together and then have a complete shitshow panic attack when his wife got short of breath because someone may have breathed fish breath onto her or something. Brian Kelly would try to get everyone wasted and go to karaoke and not the fun kind but the creepy kind.

so like brian and his managing editor eric are like a couple right? eric seems more fun honestly.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 06, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
so I did the 2 browser for the citi aa cards tonight for the wife and she got approved for the visa immediately but got a "we'll email you" for the amex.  god I rough ridin' hate citi.  :curse:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
if you have chase personal and business cards do you have to set up separate online accounts, or can you put it all under one ?
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »
they might let you merge but you'll probably have to call.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 08, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »
most make you keep biz seperate