Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003283 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3025 on: October 11, 2012, 05:54:15 AM »
no

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3026 on: October 11, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
fourpointssheratoncat just pm'd me and said that the clarion will become a four points on january 10th but that they still don't know whether it will be cat2 or cat3.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: October 18, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
So, need some new cards -- currently using Citi AA personal card as daily spender.

Which 2-3 cards are the best out there right now?
  - Currently have ~12k Hilton pts and ~26k Holiday Inn pts

Currently doing home remodeling, so min. spends aren't an issue

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: October 18, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
I now have 3, and I have $17,000 in credit available to me through credit cards alone. As a college student.  That seems silly.
:adios:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3030 on: October 19, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
So, need some new cards -- currently using Citi AA personal card as daily spender.

You could do the chase sapphire preferred or chase ink bold (business) both are great for ultimate rewards points that can be transferred to a lot of different hotel/airlines.

If you want to stock up on Hilton points doing the Hawaii airlines bank of America and Hawaii airlines bank of Hawaii will get you 140k Hilton points.

You could go for the chase SW airlines normal and business cards and only be a few thousand points away from getting a companion pass for nearly 2 years (make sure your points post in 2013)

I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 23, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 23, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »

You could do the chase sapphire preferred or chase ink bold (business) both are great for ultimate rewards points that can be transferred to a lot of different hotel/airlines.

If you want to stock up on Hilton points doing the Hawaii airlines bank of America and Hawaii airlines bank of Hawaii will get you 140k Hilton points.

You could go for the chase SW airlines normal and business cards and only be a few thousand points away from getting a companion pass for nearly 2 years (make sure your points post in 2013)

Thanks - I need to look into the Hilton cards.  Wish I could do the Southwest deal, but the closest SW is 2+ hrs away while Delta, AA, US Air are in town.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »
found my project for the day.  :fatty: 

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/10/22/american-express-bluebird/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MillionMileSecrets+%28Million+Mile+Secrets%29

:cheese:

A) I bet flyertalkers are pissed he wrote that
B) I bet it gets shut down within a month

yes and yes

The prepaid cards seem to be "it" right now in the cc world, mommy points had a post about it and the frequent miler guy writes a lot about the different pre pay options. Let us know how it goes if you do it rams
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:55:22 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3036 on: October 23, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
found my project for the day.  :fatty: 

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/10/22/american-express-bluebird/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MillionMileSecrets+%28Million+Mile+Secrets%29

:cheese:

A) I bet flyertalkers are pissed he wrote that
B) I bet it gets shut down within a month

yes and yes

The prepaid cards seem to be "it" right now in the cc world, mommy points had a post about it and the frequent miler guy writes a lot about the different pre pay options. Let us know how it goes if you do it rams

well I already have a chase ink a mortgage and an office depot close by so why not? I'm not gonna push the limits, but I might as well give it a shot. seems like an easy 9k or so points/mo. :dunno:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 06, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »
this thread was on the 4th page  :dubious:

update on this:

remind me what the timetable is for churning the citi aa business.  I applied for it on 3/22 and canceled it on 8/24.  am I good to apply again?  :pray:

yes, I think so.  iirc the biz is 4 months or something around there.

so like I said above I applied for the card and canceled on those dates.  I just applied again today and didn't get an immediate decision.  I called in so she took like 5 minutes to review it.  she said she wasn't able to approve me because I "opened this same card earlier in the year and just canceled in august and that card is still eligible to be reopened."  mother rough rider. I don't know if they've changed their policy on the aa biz or not.  now I have to wait to get a stupid rough ridin' letter in the mail and call citi's stupid rough ridin' reconsideration line and talk to some stupid rough rider that's still not going to approve me.  eff you citi.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
I'm purple down

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 12, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »
lol

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 13, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
So without searching through this entire thread, I would like to pose a question.  If a guy wanted to apply for a card to get a deal on airfare to a city in Florida in January of 2013, where might be the best place to start searching or is this even possible at this point in time?
@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 13, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
So without searching through this entire thread, I would like to pose a question.  If a guy wanted to apply for a card to get a deal on airfare to a city in Florida in January of 2013, where might be the best place to start searching or is this even possible at this point in time?

too late prolly

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: November 13, 2012, 01:40:55 PM »

if you hurry, you could probably sign up for the Citi AA card and make the minimum spend ASAP and get the miles posted, but you'd have to be willing to drop at least $2500 immediately.
you could possibly also sign up for the Southwest card and get the points posted in time.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: November 13, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
SD, now that I've blown two chances at the 70k Delta, what is my next best option?  I'm still spending on my AA Visa even though I already hit the bonus. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
SD, now that I've blown two chances at the 70k Delta, what is my next best option?  I'm still spending on my AA Visa even though I already hit the bonus.

I would get yourself and the wife each a US Air card, use it once and put it away. Also get each of you one of the hundreds of Hilton options and start rotating them until you have close to a billion Hilton Honors.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 13, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »

if you hurry, you could probably sign up for the Citi AA card and make the minimum spend ASAP and get the miles posted, but you'd have to be willing to drop at least $2500 immediately.
you could possibly also sign up for the Southwest card and get the points posted in time.

Thanks, I may try that.  I figured it was prolly too late but maybe worth a shot.  Spending $2500 immediately won't be a problem if necessary.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 13, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
Citi AA's website says 30,000 miles with a $1,000 purchase in the first 3 months.   :emawkid:
@mikec2w

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 13, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »

I would get yourself and the wife each a US Air card, use it once and put it away. Also get each of you one of the hundreds of Hilton options and start rotating them until you have close to a billion Hilton Honors.

We both did the 2 AA's, United, and US Air cards about five months ago.