Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002237 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2800 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:19 PM »
My SPG business AMEX plans are all mumped.  I tried applying 2 weekends ago and has to stop mid-app b/c I was missing some info, saved my app, and got back on it the next day.  At that point I saw it was showing 25K instead of 30K.  I did a new one from scratch where the 30K was clear and submitted and within a minute got a "still evaluating" screen and an email telling me to log in and read a letter that already said I had duplicate apps which they've resolved & I'm approved & card en route.  As of yesterday, no card.  Called and they said I wasn't approved after all and the duplicates caused further review so she'll make that happen now.  Basically, no new card w/$5k spend requirement will be had by tomorrow before I go on vacation where I'll be spending money like Brewster.

Call back and ask them to send it overnight/10AM.    I applied and then called and asked for mine to be overnighted, had it the next afternoon.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 21, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
Call back and ask them to send it overnight/10AM.    I applied and then called and asked for mine to be overnighted, had it the next afternoon.

I don't have an approved card for them to send overnight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 21, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »
You can go here and check status of any applications if you are wondering what the hold up is or if they got fully submitted

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do?s_email=appstatusrec

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 21, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
You can go here and check status of any applications if you are wondering what the hold up is or if they got fully submitted

I did.  That was the link I was given seconds after applying and it told me all was well and card on the way.  Called yesterday.  All is not well and now that link shows it's pending review.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:42 PM »
T&Ps

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2805 on: August 21, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »
My SPG business AMEX plans are all mumped.  I tried applying 2 weekends ago and has to stop mid-app b/c I was missing some info, saved my app, and got back on it the next day.  At that point I saw it was showing 25K instead of 30K.  I did a new one from scratch where the 30K was clear and submitted and within a minute got a "still evaluating" screen and an email telling me to log in and read a letter that already said I had duplicate apps which they've resolved & I'm approved & card en route.  As of yesterday, no card.  Called and they said I wasn't approved after all and the duplicates caused further review so she'll make that happen now.  Basically, no new card w/$5k spend requirement will be had by tomorrow before I go on vacation where I'll be spending money like Brewster.

I called and told them I just got approved and asked them to overnight and all I got was "congratulations but we can't overnight herp derp."  Mother fuckers. Oh well, I got it enough time to fire off some referrals.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 21, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »

I did.  That was the link I was given seconds after applying and it told me all was well and card on the way.  Called yesterday.  All is not well and now that link shows it's pending review.
AUDITED!!!!!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: August 21, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »

AUDITED!!!!!!

I'm gonna end up with 2 cards and 70K points or something.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: August 22, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Was denied for the US airways card.  They said I have gotten too many cards lately and to use the ones I've got, not kidding. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: August 22, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Was denied for the US airways card.  They said I have gotten too many cards lately and to use the ones I've got, not kidding.

heh, that takes a lot of effort.  especially from barclays.  good work.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: August 22, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »

after you called they still didn't approve you?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
I've noticed mikey is really, really, really into getting credit cards sent overnight. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: August 22, 2012, 02:36:30 PM »
I've noticed mikey is really, really, really into getting credit cards sent overnight.

I think I've brought it up twice when people could have benefitted from it?

I've specifically asked for it to be done twice for situations such as Trim where I wanted it for spending with a purchase in mind.

I think the puka shell necklace is a little too tight SD....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: August 22, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well.  This isn't a situation of getting approved/denied or having to beg for approval or something.  In the course of applying one night and trying to finish it off the next morning, it ended up processing or appearing as though I had duplicate apps.  So, the problem is getting that all straightened out in their computers or whatever, not me trying to convince them that I'm credit-worthy or not.  Had I not called, my application(s) would've been in perpetual limbo because of this duplicate situation.  So, and it's my own fault for not getting the app done in one 2-minute shot, until they undo whatever I mumped up in the application process, there's nothing to be approved or overnighted.

T-Y for letting me know about overnight mail though.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: August 22, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »
just looked through my ritz cards $200 airline reimubursement deal, because i'll be flying pretty soon. it only reimuburses for luggage (will never need), day passes to lounges (will never need) and food and booze on the plane.

:drink:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: August 22, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
just looked through my ritz cards $200 airline reimubursement deal, because i'll be flying pretty soon. it only reimuburses for luggage (will never need), day passes to lounges (will never need) and food and booze on the plane.

:drink:

soooo, that's like 3 mixed drinks?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: August 22, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well.  This isn't a situation of getting approved/denied or having to beg for approval or something.  In the course of applying one night and trying to finish it off the next morning, it ended up processing or appearing as though I had duplicate apps.  So, the problem is getting that all straightened out in their computers or whatever, not me trying to convince them that I'm credit-worthy or not.  Had I not called, my application(s) would've been in perpetual limbo because of this duplicate situation.  So, and it's my own fault for not getting the app done in one 2-minute shot, until they undo whatever I mumped up in the application process, there's nothing to be approved or overnighted.

T-Y for letting me know about overnight mail though.

ah, that sucks.    surprised it such a troublesome thing to fix....seems like they should at worst just deny the app and let you instantly re-apply.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: August 22, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
I just bottled up a fart and overnighted it to mikey

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
I just bottled up a fart and overnighted it to mikey

I found your shirt in the box

you want it back?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: August 22, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »
I think i mumped up, i got the southwest personal  and biz and now i need 10k more for the companion pass , if i wait until january to get to110 k can use companion pass all of 2013?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
I think i mumped up, i got the southwest personal  and biz and now i need 10k more for the companion pass , if i wait until january to get to110 k can use companion pass all of 2013?

you need to get the other 10k before january, but yes...you'll get it for all of 2013. it's for the year you get it and the next.

Offline SpudCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »

Nope, companion pass is a calendar year deal. You wait til January, you'll be even more effed as your 100k points will not count for the CP anymore.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: August 22, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
the companion pass is valid for the remainder of the calendar year in which you earn the status, and the following year.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: August 26, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
Hawaiian air just tried to hit me with the 79 annual fee a month after I canceled :angry:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: August 27, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »
Hawaiian air just tried to hit me with the 79 annual fee a month after I canceled :angry:

had you already paid one annual fee?