Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002180 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2701 on: August 07, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
getting both business and personal for rd wife and i and the 140k spg that would come with it is almost beyond comprehension.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 07, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
unconfirmed, but someone on Gary's site saying that AMEX told them they will not get the sign up bonus for both a personal and business card.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
unconfirmed, but someone on Gary's site saying that AMEX told them they will not get the sign up bonus for both a personal and business card.

rubbish. i can't believe that's true.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
hmmmm...wonder if it's pushing it to do the AA 2 browser trick and apply for both SPG Amex on the same day.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the Chase Sapphire Ultimate Rewards system is like to use to get flights?  Do they have alot of options?  Is it filled with blackout dates?  The SPC looks like a great deal, but we always stay at Marriotts as my sister-in-law works there and gets us great deals.

I do like the Capital One Venture 2 points for every $1 program, but I think the Sapphire program where you only need to redeem 80% of the points when booked through their Ultimate Rewards site and the additional 30K points you get for signing up out weigh 2pt-for-$1 program.  My only concern is if the Sapphire Ultimate system is difficult to use to the point that I won't be able to efficiently use it and it negates the 80% points incentive. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 07, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
Does anyone know what the Chase Sapphire Ultimate Rewards system is like to use to get flights?  Do they have alot of options?  Is it filled with blackout dates?  The SPC looks like a great deal, but we always stay at Marriotts as my sister-in-law works there and gets us great deals.

I do like the Capital One Venture 2 points for every $1 program, but I think the Sapphire program where you only need to redeem 80% of the points when booked through their Ultimate Rewards site and the additional 30K points you get for signing up out weigh 2pt-for-$1 program.  My only concern is if the Sapphire Ultimate system is difficult to use to the point that I won't be able to efficiently use it and it negates the 80% points incentive.

it's actually 40k points to sign up.  it is very easy to use.  you can search just like on kayak or expedia.  also their phone support is by far the best.  you call and a person just answers.  it's weird. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »

it's actually 40k points to sign up.  it is very easy to use.  you can search just like on kayak or expedia.  also their phone support is by far the best.  you call and a person just answers.  it's weird.

Great...Are there any referal programs for current card holders?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 07, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »
I'll check. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 07, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »

no, Chase in general does not do referrals.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 07, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
you call and a person just answers.  it's weird.

yeah, i kind of freaked out the first time that happened. i was like uh, uh is this chase?

also there are two chase business cards that have 50k UR signups right now. you could apply for a business and a personal and boom...90k UR points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 07, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »

no, Chase in general does not do referrals.

they do sometimes.  you just have to talk them into giving you a link.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 07, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »
Wow...Daraius is taking a beating today.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
How many nights do you get at the highest category with the SPG card?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 07, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
How many nights do you get at the highest category with the SPG card?

the best redemption option with SPG is cash + points.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/account/starpoints/redeem/cash_points.html
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »
Someone give me an SPG Business AMEX referral.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2716 on: August 08, 2012, 06:13:24 AM »

I don't have one or I would

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 08, 2012, 06:52:44 AM »
Not sure I can hit the spend requirement on the SPG since I got the 2 citi cards. Hmm..
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 08, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »
Not sure I can hit the spend requirement on the SPG since I got the 2 citi cards. Hmm..

there are ways to do it.  I've never used them but you can send $1k a month to someone via amazon payments for free.  you could send your wife $1k and she can send it back and you won't pay any fees.  that's an easy extra $2k a month.  rick daris has bought fully refundable SW tickets and waited for the points to credit before refunding the tickets.  that's another option.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 08, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »
Wow...Daraius is taking a beating today.

flyertalk'ers are such rough ridin' dorks. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 08, 2012, 08:13:58 AM »

I don't have one or I would

I'm planning to do business only to hopefully have the best shot at no problems w/getting my 4th 30K+ bonus as I cancelled the business well over a year ago.  Also not wanting to mess too much w/weird ways to hit multiple 5K spends plus the Surpass 3K I'm just starting now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 08, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »
crap, just realized I can get a 10k HH bonus for referring my Surpass Hilton Visa.  So, if anyone wants that also let me know.  I think chings just got this and I blew it  :sdeek:  maybe he got the other one though. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:13 AM »
crap, just realized I can get a 10k HH bonus for referring my Surpass Hilton Visa.  So, if anyone wants that also let me know.  I think chings just got this and I blew it  :sdeek:  maybe he got the other one though. 

You referred the crap out of me to it, but just on here and without you getting 10K points. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 08, 2012, 08:21:27 AM »

You referred the crap out of me to it, but just on here and without you getting 10K points.

DAMNIT  :curse:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 08, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »

DAMNIT  :curse:

Send them a message about how you got them a new signup or whatever but forgot to use their link.  Can't tell you how great it felt when I thought I'd missed the 1000 Hyatt points for letting that voucher expire and then having them give it to me anyway after taking 30 seconds to send them a quick message telling them I mumped up.