Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003720 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2475 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:23 AM »
Thanks. That was fast. Going with the Chase Sapphire.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 18, 2012, 07:54:35 AM »
Oh man. 40k bonus points if I spend 3k in 3 months.  :emawkid:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
Oh man. 40k bonus points if I spend 3k in 3 months.  :emawkid:

yeah, it's one of the two cards I carry all the time.  points transfer to Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, United Air, British Air, Southwest, and a few other programs.  United and Hyatt being the best transfer rate bang for the buck.  can also use them to spend on travel through the Ultimate Rewards site and some other less valuable redemption options.  Pretty great. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10:19 AM »
This is perfect timing with the x2 travel points, too. We are planning several of the "touristy" stops in the next few months before there's a baby and whatnot, and we are not allowed to drive to most places for security reasons, which means lots of in-country air travel and hotels, etc (can't wait to sound all nonchalant like the other people at work about "going to sharm last weekend").

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 18, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »
Keep us posted on what kind of feedback you get in foreign lands about how heavy your new card is.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 18, 2012, 08:20:50 AM »
Keep us posted on what kind of feedback you get in foreign lands about how heavy your new card is.

yes, prepare yourself for people being completely mind mumped by it or thinking that you are a billionaire or something. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 18, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »

yes, prepare yourself for people being completely mind mumped by it or thinking that you are a billionaire or something.

i absolutely hated this about that card. had to get rid of it. got the ink though and currently have 150k UR saved for when i might need some.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:11 AM »
thinking that you are a billionaire

Do things that encourage this take. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 18, 2012, 08:43:03 AM »
There isn't a The Wave there. Ate at State and Lake and theROOF which are the only two venues. Both really good.  TheROOF is super popular and the line to get up there was out the hotel door and down the block both nights.

Do you even live in Chicago?  :dubious:  JK, you are invited to meet up with the goEMAW ownership and hangers on the last weekend of August to show us the hip sites if interested:thumbs:

:horrorsurprise: I will be in Chicago August 23-26th with the gf. Staying at Acme Hotel just north of downtown. Cubs game on friday the 24th?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 18, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
There isn't a The Wave there. Ate at State and Lake and theROOF which are the only two venues. Both really good.  TheROOF is super popular and the line to get up there was out the hotel door and down the block both nights.

Do you even live in Chicago?  :dubious:  JK, you are invited to meet up with the goEMAW ownership and hangers on the last weekend of August to show us the hip sites if interested:thumbs:

:horrorsurprise: I will be in Chicago August 23-26th with the gf. Staying at Acme Hotel just north of downtown. Cubs game on friday the 24th?

that's the plan

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 18, 2012, 08:53:20 AM »
KATPAK National Convention heating up.  The Vegas one was something else. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
Speaking of, did you eat at 'The Wave' (the restaurant in the hotel) if so, please give a detailed review.

the wave is part of w which is an spg property located on lakeshore drive just north of navy pier. sd stayed at the wit which is an hhonors property and is located in the theatre district just south of the river. part of me thinks sd stayed at the wit just so he could say and type "the wit" but i have not been able to prove this and quite frankly don't think i will ever be able to.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 18, 2012, 09:11:26 AM »
I mainly stayed there because the Hyatt was booked up (which is absurd because it's gigantic) and the HH triple points promotion was going on.  Also I'm HH Gold so I got free breakfast and a chance of a room upgrade (which came through).  It being called The Wit didn't hurt.  didn't hurt a bit. 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 18, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »

that's the plan

Whoa, me too. 1:20 vs The Rockies. Get in at 8am the 23rd.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 18, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »

that's the plan

:surprised:

Invite your buddy, Johnny Wichita.  Rumblings that his ticket is paid for and everything.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:33 AM »

that's the plan

:surprised:

Invite your buddy, Johnny Wichita.  Rumblings that his ticket is paid for and everything.

:runaway:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Looks like we can have quite the super elite pre cubs game pak

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 18, 2012, 09:52:18 AM »
Oh man. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
Looks like we can have quite the super elite pre cubs game pak

confirmed

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 18, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »

that's the plan

some of us are going to breakfastpak tortas frontera at around 9am on the 23rd if you want in...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tortas-frontera-chicago

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »
Dont get in until 9pm on the 23rd, no tortas pak for ben ji

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 18, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Do you even live in Chicago?  :dubious:  JK, you are invited to meet up with the goEMAW ownership and hangers on the last weekend of August to show us the hip sites if interested.  :thumbs:

I got "The Wit" confused with "The W"  :frown:

I've been to theROOF. Their well whiskey is makers  :surprised:

Cool place though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 18, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

Do you even live in Chicago?  :dubious:  JK, you are invited to meet up with the goEMAW ownership and hangers on the last weekend of August to show us the hip sites if interested.  :thumbs:

I got "The Wit" confused with "The W"  :frown:

I've been to theROOF. Their well whiskey is makers  :surprised:

Cool place though.

yeah, it was hip as crap.  felt like I was finally amongst my peers.   :gocho: