Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004567 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2025 on: April 09, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »
Way too much money for a trip to vegas.  Its always way too many points for a trip to vegas.  Find a trip for less money

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
Going to Vegas in June.  Would you spend 50k AA points or just fork over the $400-450?

availability is pretty limited (but should be the same as your AA options but with BA Avios it's a 24k ticket out of MCI, and they have a sign up bonus right now for 50k points after your first spend, and an additional 25k if you spend $1k.   not the hottest, but better than AA miles.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
Agreed.  They're horrible, but going.  Used $150 free bucks from AA through our corporate card.

No other good options other than AA.

( :love: @ the response time/volume from everyone)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 09, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Going to Vegas in June.  Would you spend 50k AA points or just fork over the $400-450?

availability is pretty limited (but should be the same as your AA options but with BA Avios it's a 24k ticket out of MCI, and they have a sign up bonus right now for 50k points after your first spend, and an additional 25k if you spend $1k.   not the hottest, but better than AA miles.

No dice w/ Avios on this one.  Also, booked out of DFW, not MCI.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »

if there was AA availability, there should be Avios availablility (partners).   That is only a 15k flight out of DFW by the way, for future reference.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »

if there was AA availability, there should be Avios availablility (partners).   That is only a 15k flight out of DFW by the way, for future reference.

you can only use avios on milesaaver awards.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »

mikey has no idea how avios points work

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
Just a general FYI, I just realized that in my last round of apps both Chase and Citi used TransUnion in Kansas.  :sdeek:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:10 AM »

this is true, I've never had to book anything other than a Milesaver though, as I always plan far in advance.     I did check several dates in June though and had several options for DFW-LV though.   :dunno:   To me the savings is worth it.

for SteveDave - have you seen this?    You were asking about something similar a while back...    http://www.milez.biz/en/index.php

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: April 10, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »
Just a general FYI, I just realized that in my last round of apps both Chase and Citi used TransUnion in Kansas.  :sdeek:

Which cards? I need some Transunion pulls.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »
No, I hadn't seen that website mikey.  It seems to be similar to some other sights like PointHub though.  Doesn't show multiple destinations. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: April 10, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »
You can use avios to get to DFW and then pay.  I think when I went to the cotton it was like 9k per round trip

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 10, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »

Which cards? I need some Transunion pulls.

Chase Southwest, Citi Thank You, and Citi AAdvantage.

Are we absolutely sure that banks generally use the same agency based on the state you're in or is that just an assumption?  Everything I've read says Experian and Equifax are used most often and then all of a sudden BAM all of my pulls are from rough ridin' TransUnion.  :dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:07 PM »
I've never checked or cared which credit company they pull from. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »

Yeah, didn't think I would have to either before I got denied for too many inquiries. :bang:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: April 10, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
You can use avios to get to DFW and then pay.  I think when I went to the cotton it was like 9k per round trip

:facepalm:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »

Yeah, didn't think I would have to either before I got denied for too many inquiries. :bang:

you suck at this

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 10, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »

you suck at this

Because the 6 cards I applied for in the last 3 months ALL decided to pull from TransUnion and the 6th was denied for too many inquiries? 

I'm not sure you understand how this works.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 10, 2012, 10:12:52 PM »

you suck at this

Because the 6 cards I applied for in the last 3 months ALL decided to pull from TransUnion and the 6th was denied for too many inquiries? 

Yes.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:03 PM »

you suck at this

Yes.

Then by all means, please enlighten me.  What have I done wrong?  :popcorn:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »
RICK DARIS! COME GIVE ME A HUG!

Dear Mr. Dave:

Hello again and thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, I have enrolled you in the Diamond Trial Promotion. I ask that you please allow 72 hours for the system to update itself. Once your account has been upgraded to Diamond status, you will have 60 days to complete 12 eligible nights. Once the stay requirement is met, your Diamond status will be extended through February of 2013. To extend the tier beyond the February 2013 date you will need to have 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights posted by December 31, 2012.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 11, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
RICK DARIS! COME GIVE ME A HUG!

Dear Mr. Dave:

Hello again and thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, I have enrolled you in the Diamond Trial Promotion. I ask that you please allow 72 hours for the system to update itself. Once your account has been upgraded to Diamond status, you will have 60 days to complete 12 eligible nights. Once the stay requirement is met, your Diamond status will be extended through February of 2013. To extend the tier beyond the February 2013 date you will need to have 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights posted by December 31, 2012.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

:emawkid:

kauai, right? what will it get you? room upgrade? :drool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
Yeah, last year platinum got us a deluxe ocean view.  hoping for a suite or club room but even deluxe ocean again would be great.  also gets us free breakfast every day which is honestly a $75 per day savings over the 8 nights we are staying.  I think we get a choice of room service or the restaurant.  also get spa access every day.  we like to go back there an just chill in the steam room and spa pool and crap sometimes.  mrs. dave basically showers there most days too because she says their toiletries and crap is better than the stuff they put in the room which she says is also pretty good.  they usually charge you per day unless you have a spa treatment scheduled.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
Yeah, last year platinum got us a deluxe ocean view.  hoping for a suite or club room but even deluxe ocean again would be great.  also gets us free breakfast every day which is honestly a $75 per day savings over the 8 nights we are saying.  also get spa access every day.  we like to go back there an just chill in the steam room and spa pool and crap sometimes.  mrs. dave basically showers there most days too because she says their toiletries and crap is better than the stuff they put in the room which she says is also pretty good.

holy lord. will have to attempt to do the same if i ever go. that hyatt looks insanely nice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »
It is pretty great.  I can honestly see you and the family just partying and owning that place for a week and never wanting to go anywhere else.