Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004013 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1325 on: September 05, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
On tonight's "The T.O. Show," Terrell revealed his credit score is in the 500s or 600s.

Those of us with "the gift" (  :kstategrad: ) don't give a crap about credit scores.

Well, when Terrell saw the printout of his, he teared up a little.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 06, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
So I've just been tiptoeing around the ocean that is cc rewards, but I'm about to fully dive in. I would like to start out with:

citi amex for 75000 AA rewards with $4000 spend in 6 months
citi visa for 75000 AA rewards with $1500 spend in 6 months
(it is my understanding that you have to apply for these at the same time to get approved for both)

chase sapphire preferred for 50000 with $3000 spend in 3 months

I'm a little worried that if I do all at one time the spend will be hard to meet so I'm thinking about trying to start with the 2 citi AA cards (I'm afraid those deals might expire first), then after I get some of the spend on those taken care of, getting the chase sapphire preferred, am I missing anything here? other cards I should go after first?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:10:24 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 06, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
Got the first 10K points on my 3rd SPG card for 1st purchase.  Plugging away on getting the additional 20K, or 30K if they screw up like last year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 09, 2011, 01:32:50 AM »
applied for my first hotel card.  doesn't feel good, feels like i'm in too deep.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1329 on: September 11, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
Speaking of travel, just got done pak'ing with mrs. dave and Trim in Denver International. Mrs. dave and I pak'd so hard we puked. She actually puked about 20 times.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1330 on: September 11, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
Speaking of travel, just gone done pak'ing with mrs. dave and Trim in Denver International. Mrs. dave and I pak'd so hard we puked. She actually puked about 20 times.

:eek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 11, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »
:emawkid:

I didn't dance at this pak as much as at MOAP2, but still pretty crazy. Even got to PI Mrs. Dave's seat neighbor a little.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 12, 2011, 08:40:42 AM »
Unrelated to Pak'ing and puking but we got bumped to first class for no apparent reason.  but, it was an Embraer 190 first class so it was pretty lame.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:17:00 AM by steve dave »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 12, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
Unrelated to Pak'ing and puking but we got bumped to first class for no apparent reason.  but, it was an Emraer 190 first class so it was pretty lame. 

LOL and LOL  @ DIA PAK

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
thepointsguy is roughly 9 feet tall by my calculations

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »

Taller people are usually smarter/richer than your average joe.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »

sd, how was denver and the starmegadopak? was gary the self absorbed jerk that i think he is? also, mommypoints. wow. did not see that coming.

http://www.starmegado3.com/program

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 12, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
Damn, missed them by a day.  Someday you and I should sign up for one of these representing the goEMAW Credit Card Thread and act all big timey and be super passive aggressive towards Gary. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 15, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
So has anyone tried the multiple city loophole with BA/AA in regards to multiple cities for one reward flight amount along the same route domestically?  Say for example MCI to ORD Friday then ORD to Buffalo Saturday night.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 15, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »
So has anyone tried the multiple city loophole with BA/AA in regards to multiple cities for one reward flight amount along the same route domestically?  Say for example MCI to ORD Friday then ORD to Buffalo Saturday night.

I have not but that is a route that should be good to go.  Do it and report back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 16, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
just got credited and transfered my second 50k chase rewards to Hyatt.  waiting for mrs. dave's account to credit her 50k to transfer and then book at the Hyatt Kauai.  going to be ridiculously painful to blow 176k Hyatt points on one trip  :frown:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
just got credited and transfered my second 50k chase rewards to Hyatt.  waiting for mrs. dave's account to credit her 50k to transfer and then book at the Hyatt Kauai.  going to be ridiculously painful to blow 176k Hyatt points on one trip  :frown:

jesus. no way i could do that. you are without a doubt the better man.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 16, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »

I have not but that is a route that should be good to go.  Do it and report back.

checked with an AA rep over the phone and was denied.  Rep said the max amount of time to connect is 4 hours which after that becomes a new flight and not a connection.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 16, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »

checked with an AA rep over the phone and was denied.  Rep said the max amount of time to connect is 4 hours which after that becomes a new flight and not a connection.

read the pointsguy blog entries about it.  I think you can get around that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 16, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
Chase is now offering it's Ink Bold business card with a 50k bonus after $5k in spend the first 3 months.  Same points as the Chase Sapphire preferred.  Good way to load up on them for Hyatt points.  You don't technically have to have a business to get it.  Pretty high spend though.  Good way to load up on Ultimate Reward points if needed for Hyatt transfer (or BA, Marriott, PC, etc.)

https://www.chase.com/online/business-credit-cards/ink-bold.htm?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 16, 2011, 05:44:35 PM »
Chase is now offering it's Ink Bold business card with a 50k bonus after $5k in spend the first 3 months.  Same points as the Chase Sapphire preferred.  Good way to load up on them for Hyatt points.  You don't technically have to have a business to get it.  Pretty high spend though.  Good way to load up on Ultimate Reward points if needed for Hyatt transfer (or BA, Marriott, PC, etc.)

could you tag team this with someone? Like I get the card, make you an authorized user, we both spend $2500 in 3 months and split the 50K points (I don't even know if it's possible to give points to someone else), then you get the card make me an authorized user, we both spend $2500 in 3 months and get 50K points that we split, so basically $5000 in 6 months instead of 3.

That being said I just got approved for the Citi AmEx and Visa for 75K each, so after an easy $5500 spend I'll be swimming in 150,000 AA points like Scrooge McDuck in his swimming pool of gold
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 16, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »

could you tag team this with someone? Like I get the card, make you an authorized user, we both spend $2500 in 3 months and split the 50K points (I don't even know if it's possible to give points to someone else), then you get the card make me an authorized user, we both spend $2500 in 3 months and get 50K points that we split, so basically $5000 in 6 months instead of 3.

That being said I just got approved for the Citi AmEx and Visa for 75K each, so after an easy $5500 spend I'll be swimming in 150,000 AA points like Scrooge McDuck in his swimming pool of gold

Yeah, got both AA cards myself a few months ago.  I think you can add additional cards to the account.  They usually allow that for free especially for a business account.  also, you can split them fairly easy as they will transfer to anyones Hyatt/PC/Etc. account.  With the Sapphire we are transfering Mrs. dave's 50k to my Hyatt account. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
Applied for the Citi Visa 75k, got a rejection email a few days later.  Then today, I got back from campus and there was a Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage card in the mail along with all the new CC documentation.  What gives?
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »
Applied for the Citi Visa 75k, got a rejection email a few days later.  Then today, I got back from campus and there was a Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage card in the mail along with all the new CC documentation.  What gives?

Have you been wearing your goEMAW lapel pin the last couple days?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »

Have you been wearing your goEMAW lapel pin the last couple days?
No, it never came in the mail.  That must be where the mix-up is.
:adios: