Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004051 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1225 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
so like, is this worth it? maybe?

use a card like spg amex to purchase a prepaid visa with pin. it's hard to find these, but i found this...

https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.com/Wachovia/VisaBuxx/PRC312/CP312-T01-004/docs/terms.htm

then use the prepaid card w/ pin and go to walmart and purchase a money order for 1,000 and then deposit the money order in your bank account and pay off the spg amex. you can purchase a money order for like sixty cents, but it has to be done with a debit card that has a pin number. most don't. anyway, the max that you can put on the card above at a time is a thousand. it'd be nice to find a reloadable debit card that will give you a pin number like the one above and let you put more than 1,000 on it at a time. even if it was just 2,000, it would make this much more attractive. so the goal for all of us here is to try and find a reloadable debit card with pin that has better terms than the one above. also, you would want to call spg amex and tell them to put your cash advance limit at zero dollars or one dollar or something because you don't want them treating the purchase as a cash advance and killing you with a big fee. does this make sense to everybody? i bet they'd bust you after a while if you over did it, but a couple thousand extra spg amex a month for like five bucks and ten minutes of time might be worth it. thoughts?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 17, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
so like, is this worth it? maybe?

use a card like spg amex to purchase a prepaid visa with pin. it's hard to find these, but i found this...

https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.com/Wachovia/VisaBuxx/PRC312/CP312-T01-004/docs/terms.htm

then use the prepaid card w/ pin and go to walmart and purchase a money order for 1,000 and then deposit the money order in your bank account and pay off the spg amex. you can purchase a money order for like sixty cents, but it has to be done with a debit card that has a pin number. most don't. anyway, the max that you can put on the card above at a time is a thousand. it'd be nice to find a reloadable debit card that will give you a pin number like the one above and let you put more than 1,000 on it at a time. even if it was just 2,000, it would make this much more attractive. so the goal for all of us here is to try and find a reloadable debit card with pin that has better terms than the one above. also, you would want to call spg amex and tell them to put your cash advance limit at zero dollars or one dollar or something because you don't want them treating the purchase as a cash advance and killing you with a big fee. does this make sense to everybody? i bet they'd bust you after a while if you over did it, but a couple thousand extra spg amex a month for like five bucks and ten minutes of time might be worth it. thoughts?

i just realized that nobody here (me included) is probably going to do this, so honest to god just disregard.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
http://www.payjr.com/payjr/faq.aspx

ok. i went ahead and looked a little more. i mean this is at least 2,500 a time. you could do this once a month and for like five bucks, you could get 2,500 spg amex i think. thoughts? at the end of the year, you'd have 30k for like 60 dollars.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 17, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »

ok. i went ahead and looked a little more. i mean this is at least 2,500 a time. you could do this once a month and for like five bucks, you could get 2,500 spg amex i think. thoughts? at the end of the year, you'd have 30k for like 60 dollars.

this still requires me to go to get a money order and deposit that into the bank and stuff though, right?  seems like applying for credit cards constantly is much easier. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 17, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »

this still requires me to go to get a money order and deposit that into the bank and stuff though, right?  seems like applying for credit cards constantly is much easier. 

yeah. but if you have a card that you are going to keep for a year and use it for monthly purchases and stuff anyway then maybe. i mean it would take like not a lot of time and maybe you could do it a lot before they get mad and cut you off. who knows? honest to god though, i just like trying to figure out ways to try and beat the system. i'll never do this. i never did the mint thing either and it seemed about equally as time consuming and annoying.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 17, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »
yes, I enjoy that too.  I never did the mint but kinda wish I still had the option to if I wanted to.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »

:driving:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
Anyone have any success with the authorized user promotion for the AMX Premier Gold?  They keep asking me why I have a promo code targeted to users in Argentina.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 17, 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
Anyone have any success with the authorized user promotion for the AMX Premier Gold?  They keep asking me why I have a promo code targeted to users in Argentina.

1) i have no idea if the above thing that i posted would work

2)lol at argentina promo code situ

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 18, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »

Is that code 6661?  If not, try that one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »
like award wallet but you can search for flights utilizing frequent flyer miles.  pretty great idea.

milewise.com/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
I'll contact them about becoming the name sponsor for the combo-fanning board.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »

as Tim Fitzgerald pulls up his goEMAW hate form letter

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 19, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »

as Tim Fitzgerald pulls up his goEMAW hate form letter

GCCPACat used to always tell me about his fighting strategy, which was to stick his thumb in the opponent's eye so you can "control their skull".  I wonder if this would work now with the whole eye socket enlargement thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 21, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »
was just notified that I am now a Priority Club platinum elite  :surprised:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 21, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »

holy crap,  did you really hit 50+ nights in a calendar year?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 21, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »

holy crap,  did you really hit 50+ nights in a calendar year?

:lol: he just got enough points (most likely from cc churning), only rubes get elite status by actually paying for it
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 21, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

:cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
uhhhhh, yeah....so....I just checked my priority club account to see what was going on to get me to Plat Elite.  Got 60k PC added to my account for cracking the case by activating a priority club visa.....have never had a priority club visa.    :horrorsurprise:  Want to book something with the points immediately so I don't lose them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2011, 08:30:57 AM »
and.....spent

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 22, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
uhhhhh, yeah....so....I just checked my priority club account to see what was going on to get me to Plat Elite.  Got 60k PC added to my account for cracking the case by activating a priority club visa.....have never had a priority club visa.    :horrorsurprise:  Want to book something with the points immediately so I don't lose them.

Something's up.  Saw an extra 30K points there for activating the Visa as part of Crack the Case, even thought I'd already gotten the 30K when I got the card and Crack the Case ended a while ago and part of my cracking had been getting the card and getting that 30K.  I'm over 200K points now.

Switch to Holiday Inn for MOAP2.

EDIT: Hope you spend them on Holiday Inn for MOAP2.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
uhhhhh, yeah....so....I just checked my priority club account to see what was going on to get me to Plat Elite.  Got 60k PC added to my account for cracking the case by activating a priority club visa.....have never had a priority club visa.    :horrorsurprise:  Want to book something with the points immediately so I don't lose them.

Something's up.  Saw an extra 30K points there for activating the Visa as part of Crack the Case, even thought I'd already gotten the 30K when I got the card and Crack the Case ended a while ago and part of my cracking had been getting the card and getting that 30K.  I'm over 200K points now.

yeah, just switched my regualar reservation for fri/sat at the HI to a points resy

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 22, 2011, 08:35:39 AM »
uhhhhh, yeah....so....I just checked my priority club account to see what was going on to get me to Plat Elite.  Got 60k PC added to my account for cracking the case by activating a priority club visa.....have never had a priority club visa.    :horrorsurprise:  Want to book something with the points immediately so I don't lose them.

Something's up.  Saw an extra 30K points there for activating the Visa as part of Crack the Case, even thought I'd already gotten the 30K when I got the card and Crack the Case ended a while ago and part of my cracking had been getting the card and getting that 30K.  I'm over 200K points now.

yeah, just switched my regualar reservation for fri/sat at the HI to a points resy

Nice.  I thought you were at the Hampton.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:58 AM »
uhhhhh, yeah....so....I just checked my priority club account to see what was going on to get me to Plat Elite.  Got 60k PC added to my account for cracking the case by activating a priority club visa.....have never had a priority club visa.    :horrorsurprise:  Want to book something with the points immediately so I don't lose them.

Something's up.  Saw an extra 30K points there for activating the Visa as part of Crack the Case, even thought I'd already gotten the 30K when I got the card and Crack the Case ended a while ago and part of my cracking had been getting the card and getting that 30K.  I'm over 200K points now.

Nice.  I thought you were at the Hampton.

I was but switched awhile back.  I'm there friday and saturday and sdbro is there saturday only. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 22, 2011, 08:37:53 AM »
Well, I'm basically $400 richer now.  Good monday so far.