Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006062 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1175 on: August 05, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
Pretty good news about Hyatt adding a free night cat. 1-4 award certificate with every 1 year anniversary of having the Hyatt Visa.  Annual fee is $75 but every cat 3 or 4 Hyatt will be more than that so it makes keeping it for the plat status a no brainer. 

Where'd you see this?  I was actually about to cancel it now that I have the Sapphire.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 05, 2011, 08:53:17 PM »
I got the Hawaiian the other day due to it being through BoA and not having to deal with the reconsider line/pain in the assedness of a chase or citi.  It also goes off a different credit report.  Worth 35k, figure it'll cover a few interisland flights at 7k each.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:12 AM »
Quote from: some squawk on FT
My daughter is starting college this fall at the Univeristy of Kansas. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

KU does not accept credit cards for payment of tuition directly, but they work with a third party vendor, AFFORD.COM to allow you to pay tuition on CC.

AFFORD does charge a 2.9 % Fee for CC. They take Amex, Discover and MC, but not VISA. They also allow you to pay in 4 monthly installments.

Im paying the tuition this way to meet minimum spend on the the five cards I applied for last week!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 06, 2011, 07:15:56 AM »
Quote from: some squawk on FT
My daughter is starting college this fall at the Univeristy of Kansas. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

KU does not accept credit cards for payment of tuition directly, but they work with a third party vendor, AFFORD.COM to allow you to pay tuition on CC.

AFFORD does charge a 2.9 % Fee for CC. They take Amex, Discover and MC, but not VISA. They also allow you to pay in 4 monthly installments.

Im paying the tuition this way to meet minimum spend on the the five cards I applied for last week!

poor squawk can't meet minimum spend, pays 3% fee like a rube  :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 06, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
Pretty good news about Hyatt adding a free night cat. 1-4 award certificate with every 1 year anniversary of having the Hyatt Visa.  Annual fee is $75 but every cat 3 or 4 Hyatt will be more than that so it makes keeping it for the plat status a no brainer. 

Where'd you see this?  I was actually about to cancel it now that I have the Sapphire.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 06, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/hyatt-visa-cardholders-now-get-a-free-category-1-4-night-upon-card-renewal/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 06, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
sunday is the last day for the SW chase deal.  one of the best current deals going if you don't mind flying SW.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 07, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
sunday is the last day for the SW chase deal.  one of the best current deals going if you don't mind flying SW.

No idea how these things work, if I get this card, how long do I have to keep it before I can cancel it and still get the flights?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 07, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
sunday is the last day for the SW chase deal.  one of the best current deals going if you don't mind flying SW.

No idea how these things work, if I get this card, how long do I have to keep it before I can cancel it and still get the flights?

prolly about a week

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 07, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
you can cancel it as soon as the points end up in you swa account.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
 :sdeek:

Hope it still works then.

EDIT: Just applied. Seems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that companies allow you to do this, but whatevs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:53:45 PM by FP TC etc. »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 11, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
Good blog post.  May do this.  First year fee waived.  75k Frontier/Hilton/Continental(United)/BA/Etc. miles is a pretty amazing bonus. 

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealswelike/2011/08/11/reports-of-75000-point-bonus-with-the-american-express-gold-credit-card/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 11, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »
just got approved.  will call back with one of the $500 spend for 75k codes once I receive the card and call back

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
just got approved.  will call back with one of the $500 spend for 75k codes once I receive the card and call back

will thepointsguy 50k to add additional users work with this too? check frontpage.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »
just got approved.  will call back with one of the $500 spend for 75k codes once I receive the card and call back

will thepointsguy 50k to add additional users work with this too? check frontpage.

ha!  was just typing this out and when I went to post it said there had been another post.  Copy/Paste:

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/50000-american-express-points-for-free-with-additional-cardholders/

Once I get the card I will also call and do this with mrs d, sdbro, sdbrowife and a couple randos I trust enough to make one purchase for me.  should I get the 75k for $500 spend and 5 card users approved for 10k each I will end up with 125k membership rewards points which transfer 1:1 to Delta, Hilton, Continental, BA, Frontier as well as different transfer rates to SPG, Priority Club and a bunch of other random programs.  I think I can also book $1,250 of travel through their service for this as well.  All with no annual fee or cost to myself.  

:kstategrad:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 11, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »

ha!  was just typing this out and when I went to post it said there had been another post.  Copy/Paste:

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/50000-american-express-points-for-free-with-additional-cardholders/

Once I get the card I will also call and do this with mrs d, sdbro, sdbrowife and a couple randos I trust enough to make one purchase for me.  should I get the 75k for $500 spend and 5 card users approved for 10k each I will end up with 125k membership rewards points which transfer 1:1 to Delta, Hilton, Continental, BA, Frontier as well as different transfer rates to SPG, Priority Club and a bunch of other random programs.  I think I can also book $1,250 of travel through their service for this as well.  All with no annual fee or cost to myself. 

Sometimes I like to think what we are doing with CC offers is what Madoff probably felt like  at the top of his scheme.  Like they might as well be printing rough ridin' benjamins and shipping them to our house postage paid.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 11, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
Like they might as well be printing rough ridin' benjamins and shipping them to our house postage paid.

this is a fantastic description  :thumbs:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 11, 2011, 08:41:01 PM »
Like they might as well be printing rough ridin' benjamins and shipping them to our house postage paid.

this is a fantastic description  :thumbs:

hemmy approves.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 12, 2011, 07:18:19 AM »
Holy crap

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1246972-american-express-gold-10-000-points-per-15-transactions.html

Make 15 transactions on your card in a calendar month and get 10,000 bonus points
Runs July – November 2011
50,000 point maximum
Seems to just work so far for Gold cards
Call 1-800-AXP-EARN and ask if offer 6664 can be applied to your account!  Let me know how/if it works for you.  I may try this tomorrow on my mom’s Gold card, if I am not feeling too glutenous from all the other recent points promos we have received!

So, yeah, plan on adding another 40K to that 125k membership rewards from my last scenario.  lady at the grocery store is going to get pissed when I make her ring up each apple individually  :thumbs:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 12, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »
just got approved.  will call back with one of the $500 spend for 75k codes once I receive the card and call back

ha!  was just typing this out and when I went to post it said there had been another post.  Copy/Paste:

Once I get the card I will also call and do this with mrs d, sdbro, sdbrowife and a couple randos I trust enough to make one purchase for me.  should I get the 75k for $500 spend and 5 card users approved for 10k each I will end up with 125k membership rewards points which transfer 1:1 to Delta, Hilton, Continental, BA, Frontier as well as different transfer rates to SPG, Priority Club and a bunch of other random programs.  I think I can also book $1,250 of travel through their service for this as well.  All with no annual fee or cost to myself.  

sd, you are badass at this game

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 12, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
WHAT ON EARTH!?  :eek:

Too good to be true? ANOTHER Amex Authorized User Code = 75K Points!! I have not validated this myself at all, but reader Shari writes:

I called about this promo (The 10K points per authorized user post from yesterday) and was told that code 6664 was targeted just to residents in Argentina. However I got a really nice agent and she was kind enough to look for other codes that might apply to my Amex Gold Card.

She found code 6661 and applied it to my account. Code 6661 allows me to add an additional user to my card and if that user spends $1000 within 92 days of getting the card, I will get 75,000 Membership Rewards (which is in addition to the 75,000 that I got upon enrollment/meeting minimum spend). The agent also said that when the card is received, I can call in and have this card linked to my Membership Rewards account.

Holy Toledo, Batman!  That is amazing.  Like I said, I have not tried this one myself so I can’t personally vouch for it.  75,000K points just for adding a user and having that user spend $1000 on the card is great.  This is another deal that is great for families where both partners can help toward meeting the user/spend requirement.

Call 1-800-AXP-EARN
See if they can apply code 6661 to your account
If it works, it gives you 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards if you add an authorized user and that user spends $1000 on the card within the first 92 days
Sit back and enjoy your points!!
Let me know if anyone else is able to get this applied to their account.  This has been a crazy, crazy week for Amex promos!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 12, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
WHAT ON EARTH!?  :eek:

Too good to be true? ANOTHER Amex Authorized User Code = 75K Points!! I have not validated this myself at all, but reader Shari writes:

I called about this promo (The 10K points per authorized user post from yesterday) and was told that code 6664 was targeted just to residents in Argentina. However I got a really nice agent and she was kind enough to look for other codes that might apply to my Amex Gold Card.

She found code 6661 and applied it to my account. Code 6661 allows me to add an additional user to my card and if that user spends $1000 within 92 days of getting the card, I will get 75,000 Membership Rewards (which is in addition to the 75,000 that I got upon enrollment/meeting minimum spend). The agent also said that when the card is received, I can call in and have this card linked to my Membership Rewards account.

Holy Toledo, Batman!  That is amazing.  Like I said, I have not tried this one myself so I can’t personally vouch for it.  75,000K points just for adding a user and having that user spend $1000 on the card is great.  This is another deal that is great for families where both partners can help toward meeting the user/spend requirement.

Call 1-800-AXP-EARN
See if they can apply code 6661 to your account
If it works, it gives you 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards if you add an authorized user and that user spends $1000 on the card within the first 92 days
Sit back and enjoy your points!!
Let me know if anyone else is able to get this applied to their account.  This has been a crazy, crazy week for Amex promos!

debunked.  never trust a blog called "mommypoints"

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »
Got an offer for Chase Saphire.  100k bonus points.  Seems like a good deal.  Anyone have this card?  No annual fee or anything.  Thinking of dumping my Citi rewards and making this my everyday credit card for a while. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
Got an offer for Chase Saphire.  100k bonus points.  Seems like a good deal.  Anyone have this card?  No annual fee or anything.  Thinking of dumping my Citi rewards and making this my everyday credit card for a while. 

without a doubt you should do it. how did you get the offer? email, regular mail? is there a promo code?