Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004958 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11650 on: November 13, 2023, 06:21:21 PM »
 :peek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: November 13, 2023, 06:22:14 PM »
:peek:

Lol. If you still have my number, text me.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: November 13, 2023, 07:20:24 PM »
So it appears I stumbled my way into 80k in chase rewards points on a card I didn't realize had a spend bonus.  How do I maximize? The valuation says it's worth $800 but I'm guessing this crew can help me double that valuation with hacks.

they are worth significantly more than $800. best bet is to transfer to hyatt and stay somewhere good. or, alternatively, you could stay 16 nights at the hyatt regency wichita.

Got about 2.5x the value out of these by transferring to Hyatt, TY SD.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: November 14, 2023, 11:02:29 AM »
I've been doing Delta SkyMiles for a while because I only fly twice-ish a year, and I'm only concerned about lodging once a year. But since I can't sign up for anymore Delta sign up bonuses, I'm probably gonna sign up for Cap One. Seems like that's the best card for traveling/lodging at the rate I do. Do you guys confirm? And if so, do one of you guys have a link I should use to sign up for the Cap One card?

https://capital.one/3P1bd3C

I finally used this and was very surprised by seven's first name.

I guess I don't know his actual first name. I've always known him by a different (real) name.

Exactly.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: November 14, 2023, 11:06:09 AM »
IHG does pretty good sign-up bonuses and status on their card.  Typically 3-4 nights of points depending on where/how you use them.  It's IHG, so it's not going to get you a night in Hawaii for a fancy trip but will have lots of availability in most cities.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11655 on: November 14, 2023, 12:05:24 PM »
So it appears I stumbled my way into 80k in chase rewards points on a card I didn't realize had a spend bonus.  How do I maximize? The valuation says it's worth $800 but I'm guessing this crew can help me double that valuation with hacks.

they are worth significantly more than $800. best bet is to transfer to hyatt and stay somewhere good. or, alternatively, you could stay 16 nights at the hyatt regency wichita.

yeah, I burned quite a few points before I realized how great the Hyatt transfer was.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: November 14, 2023, 12:59:53 PM »
I've been doing Delta SkyMiles for a while because I only fly twice-ish a year, and I'm only concerned about lodging once a year. But since I can't sign up for anymore Delta sign up bonuses, I'm probably gonna sign up for Cap One. Seems like that's the best card for traveling/lodging at the rate I do. Do you guys confirm? And if so, do one of you guys have a link I should use to sign up for the Cap One card?

I guess I don't know his actual first name. I've always known him by a different (real) name.

Exactly.

I'm imagining something like "Tormund"

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: November 14, 2023, 05:39:22 PM »

Exactly.

:lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: November 16, 2023, 02:03:46 AM »

Exactly.

It's actually "Tevesie60".

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: November 17, 2023, 02:23:56 PM »
I'm about to go on a manufactured spending run to close out my companion pass for 2024. It's close but still a ways to go. Thinking Amazon gift cards?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: November 17, 2023, 11:27:25 PM »
IHG does pretty good sign-up bonuses and status on their card.  Typically 3-4 nights of points depending on where/how you use them.  It's IHG, so it's not going to get you a night in Hawaii for a fancy trip but will have lots of availability in most cities.

used to be you could find better deals, but now it's pretty straightforwardly 0.5 cents/point.  still a solid $700+ of points and a free night for $89 or $99 or whatever their fee is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11661 on: December 01, 2023, 01:37:11 PM »
When I start the transfer process from Chase to Hyatt, it tells me that it is 1:1. What happened to the 2.3:1 transfer?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: December 01, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
When I start the transfer process from Chase to Hyatt, it tells me that it is 1:1. What happened to the 2.3:1 transfer?

That has never been a thing. it's always been 1:1

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11663 on: December 01, 2023, 01:41:59 PM »

@steve dave say what?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: December 01, 2023, 03:05:46 PM »
That's not what that means

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11665 on: December 01, 2023, 03:49:04 PM »
Well, the Google machine says the transfer rate is 2.3 to 1. So WTF is it supposed to mean?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: December 01, 2023, 03:55:14 PM »
Well, the Google machine says the transfer rate is 2.3 to 1. So WTF is it supposed to mean?

Pretty sure that's the dollar value friend. Like, the hotel costs this many dollars vs this many points. Using Chase points for Hyatt stays is a good deal especially compared to the other hotels.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11667 on: December 01, 2023, 03:56:07 PM »

Pretty sure that's the dollar value friend. Like, the hotel costs this many dollars vs this many points. Using Chase points for Hyatt stays is a good deal especially compared to the other hotels.
Thank you

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: December 01, 2023, 04:17:22 PM »
Yeah the transfer rate is 1:1. You get a better value (points per dollar) by transferring to hyatt and booking directly with hyatt than you would booking through the chase portal.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11669 on: December 01, 2023, 04:59:44 PM »
Yeah the transfer rate is 1:1. You get a better value (points per dollar) by transferring to hyatt and booking directly with hyatt than you would booking through the chase portal.
Thank you as well.

It's not a glamorous destination but staying in Louisville over the holidays to see the kids and friends. Might was well use those Chase points.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11670 on: December 01, 2023, 07:32:17 PM »
Looks like someone is about to book 16 nights at the Wichita grand Hyatt
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: December 01, 2023, 10:18:52 PM »

Hummina hummina

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11672 on: December 02, 2023, 01:37:19 PM »
Unfortunately, pretty much.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: December 11, 2023, 10:49:50 AM »
I've apparently been flagged or something. I've always gotten immediate approvals because I am a responsible citizen with amazing credit. However, the last 2 cards i've gotten held up for unknown reasons. The last one took 4-5 days and I called and they said it was just "under review" and couldn't do anything. It got approved almost immediately after that call. I applied for a SW card almost 2 weeks ago to begin my every 2 year companion pass quest. Again, no immediate approval. After 10 days I called and the guy said the same thing, but confirmed that there are no notes or issues with my app. I'm pretty sure today is the last day of the promotion bump, but I'm wondering if it is based on application date or approval date?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: December 13, 2023, 08:56:03 PM »
After 2 weeks and another call I got the card. Really odd. I finally got someone to look at my app and he asked a few detailed questions and was like, give me a minute. He came back and said, do you mind if I move some credit around? One of your cards has a 16k limit. Can we reduce that? I told him I had no idea what limits I had because I always pay the balance so that was fine. He said, “cool, you are approved and I took your other card down 6k” or whatever. I didn’t care but it made me think. Outside of my last 2 cards, I’ve been auto approved. I’m wondering if I should look at my open cards and drop my limits down a bit. That is apparently the reason for the delays. Too much credit isn’t something I’ve ever thought about because I normally don’t have large balances and pay them in full. Or this is probably just something that happens to me because I’m me. :dunno:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk