Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003273 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11525 on: June 21, 2023, 10:32:01 AM »
That's weird, there are return flights but none going there.

the SW point to point system remains undefeated

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: June 21, 2023, 10:39:12 AM »

not going to dig into their entire schedule but I found MCI-NAS flights via FLL for some days. In November, there isn't a flight that leaves MCI early enough to catch the FLL-NAS flight. So you could fly to FLL the day before and spend the night there before flying to Nassau the next day.

Not going to dig into the other schedule but you could probably find a Nassau flight to somewhere like Dallas or Midway to reduce connections but you'd probably need 3 bookings - MCI-DAL, DAL-NAS, NAS-MCI

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: June 21, 2023, 10:42:33 AM »
actually I think they only have a single flight a day via FLL

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: June 21, 2023, 10:45:56 AM »

not going to dig into their entire schedule but I found MCI-NAS flights via FLL for some days. In November, there isn't a flight that leaves MCI early enough to catch the FLL-NAS flight. So you could fly to FLL the day before and spend the night there before flying to Nassau the next day.

Not going to dig into the other schedule but you could probably find a Nassau flight to somewhere like Dallas or Midway to reduce connections but you'd probably need 3 bookings - MCI-DAL, DAL-NAS, NAS-MCI

Thank you sir. I think I may have figured out some decent options after finding the SW returns. Really hoping the new airport eventually brings some better options for us midwest plebs so we don't have to waste 2 full days traveling to get to fun places. It has to rule booking flights from a major city.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: June 21, 2023, 11:24:57 AM »
Your particular case is a Southwest problem

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: June 21, 2023, 12:11:50 PM »

weird. I just assumed it was a KC issue. If no flights go there, where do the planes come from for the flights out of Nassau I wonder?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: June 21, 2023, 12:13:33 PM »
Flights only go to and from FLL once a day. I'm guessing I can't get from LGA to FLL in time for that flight

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: June 21, 2023, 12:25:37 PM »
booking travel is one of my favorite things in life

I have to be missing something then. I'm literally about to tell the family that we aren't rough ridin' going to the beach because I hate booking flights so much.

I'll buy you 3 beers if you send me good flight options from MCI to Nassau 11/16ish - 11/22 ish

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/YRFYptzDZNbRxf859

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: June 21, 2023, 06:26:01 PM »

i might like it more than the actual travel.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: June 21, 2023, 06:49:52 PM »
This is another of those nonpolitical things that sharply divides people, like the zero inbox thing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11535 on: June 21, 2023, 08:59:23 PM »

i might like it more than the actual travel.

i almost said this but it felt like too much

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: June 21, 2023, 09:01:44 PM »
This is another of those nonpolitical things that sharply divides people, like the zero inbox thing.

It wouldn't divide people if you would just get rid of the little number notifications.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: June 21, 2023, 09:41:32 PM »

weird. I just assumed it was a KC issue. If no flights go there, where do the planes come from for the flights out of Nassau I wonder?

This is a "known" issue booking SWA flights. I think it's the ones that use Airtran routes but either way it's only the ones going out of the US. You have to basically piecemeal the flight times together yourself and thing call in and see the price/points if I remember right.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: June 22, 2023, 08:16:17 AM »
Holy eff you guys. It almost has to be just me at this point. I'm an open minded person so I can understand why people like to do things that I absolutely rough ridin' despise, but there is no way people like the experience I had yesterday just trying to book a damn flight. After all of the suggestions by you bros, I just ended up booking some flights through Chase. The SW return thing didn't work out so I just checked prices everywhere and Chase seemed to be the best and I could use some points. By this time, I gave no fucks and was ready to disappoint kids anyway. Mrs SF was home by then and she would rather not travel at all than book so she was not helpful. Anyhoo, find my flights, move some points, enter all the info for everyone, still pissed, but hit book and.............An error has occurred, please wait or call Chase.  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Nothing happens so I call Chase. I spend the next 20 minutes having the Chase person (total dumbass, but i'm still nice to phone people, but I wanted to kill her) recreate the reservation I'm looking at on my screen that is just frozen. No problem, this process is already miserable, why not take even more time. "Ok, Mr SF, I think I have it, this is the price....". Wait what, that's like $400 more than what i'm looking at right now. "Sorry Mr SF booking flights really sucks major ass and the price must have went up". They went up $400 a piece in the amount of time it took your website to glitch and for me to call you? That was like 2 minutes??? "Yes Mr SF, booking travel is a huge pain in the ass and this is what happened". Can you honor the price I have in the system since it was your website that is jacked and only because of that I had to call you?. "No Mr SF, that would make booking travel less awful, so there is no way I can do that". Mrs SF hears the commotion and tells me to just rough ridin' book it, but she is pissed now too. While talking, I refresh my screen and re enter the same flights again through Chase. The price is the same as it was before on my side. I tell her that and ask if she could just retry and book them for me. She does, same result at the higher price. I say again, "how can I see a price on your site that is way lower than what you, an actual person that works there can't see?". "Sorry Mr SF, booking travel is awful, and crap like this happens all the time for no reason, would you like me to book you at the way higher price than what our website shows?. eff off, I hang up and re enter the flights through Chase for a third time and by some god damn miracle, they go through. eff....it.....all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: June 22, 2023, 08:21:11 AM »
Booking through Chase Portal is definitely an adventure in itself

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: June 22, 2023, 08:25:57 AM »
that's a heartwarming CC thread success story

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: June 22, 2023, 08:28:27 AM »
nice work SF

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: June 22, 2023, 09:28:22 AM »
nice work SF

Did I win???? cuz, I don't feel like I won. The best part was that I was so pissed by the end of it all, I forgot to transfer Mrs SFs points to my account to cover the rest of the flights and I was so pissed I just paid the $1200 or whatever the difference was. Now Mrs SF is totally going to leave me since all my points are gone and she still has a bunch.

It has been a very sad couple of weeks for me though. I used my last Marriott points a couple of weeks ago and now I just used all of my Chase. I've been slacking in the CC game and apparently need to pick it up. I'm still a ways out on getting a new CSP bonus so i'm not even sure what I should get at this point. I'll be getting some SW cards soon to rotate the companion pass, but other than that, no idea. Guess I need to look in to hotel cards now that i'm out of Marriott.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: June 22, 2023, 09:54:30 AM »
Once a phone call is introduced I'm out.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: June 22, 2023, 10:03:39 AM »
nice work SF

Did I win???? cuz, I don't feel like I won. The best part was that I was so pissed by the end of it all, I forgot to transfer Mrs SFs points to my account to cover the rest of the flights and I was so pissed I just paid the $1200 or whatever the difference was. Now Mrs SF is totally going to leave me since all my points are gone and she still has a bunch.

It has been a very sad couple of weeks for me though. I used my last Marriott points a couple of weeks ago and now I just used all of my Chase. I've been slacking in the CC game and apparently need to pick it up. I'm still a ways out on getting a new CSP bonus so i'm not even sure what I should get at this point. I'll be getting some SW cards soon to rotate the companion pass, but other than that, no idea. Guess I need to look in to hotel cards now that i'm out of Marriott.

well, I guess not. the amount of struggle you are exhibiting with this is pretty incredible. I've booked travel with probably 10m+ points/miles in my life and it's never really been tricky. again, I enjoy doing it though so yin and yang or whatever.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: June 22, 2023, 10:07:14 AM »
that's a heartwarming CC thread success story

nvm!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: June 22, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »
nice work SF

well, I guess not. the amount of struggle you are exhibiting with this is pretty incredible. I've booked travel with probably 10m+ points/miles in my life and it's never really been tricky. again, I enjoy doing it though so yin and yang or whatever.

yep, I guess its like anything. If you enjoy it, the little nuisances or whatever that happen aren't a big deal. If you hate it, they just compound and make it all worse. At the end of the day, its  worth the headaches. I had a bunch of points from my work travel days, but this thread and you guys have prob saved me thousands over the years. I just need to rant every once in a while.

Thanks everyone, go Cats

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: June 22, 2023, 10:36:32 AM »
GO CATS

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: June 22, 2023, 01:27:52 PM »
Go cats but don't go anywhere that depends on stupid fitz using points to get there.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: June 22, 2023, 01:29:07 PM »
 :lol: