Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983700 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11350 on: September 15, 2021, 11:15:04 AM »
i refuse to be an airport runner, also, i openly mock them

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: September 16, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »
100k CSP incoming. Feels good to get back in the game.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: September 20, 2021, 09:43:17 PM »
100k CSP incoming. Feels good to get back in the game.

w00t! same! crazy that it's been four years since my last bonus.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: September 20, 2021, 09:46:07 PM »
Current Chase Lineup:

CSP
Freedom (rotating 5%)
Hyatt
One of the SW
IHG

Will drop the IHG when it's time to do the SW bonus/companion pass thing again.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: September 21, 2021, 03:14:54 PM »
Mrs SF just got an 80k business Southwest offer. Is this more than normal. Prob going to get it and pair with a personal to continue the companion pass rotation. My round the last two years was  :Yuck: thanks to Covid.

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11355 on: September 23, 2021, 06:16:57 PM »
Using PayPal at Walmart?! Gtfo here Chase.  :shakesfist:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11356 on: September 24, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Using PayPal at Walmart?! Gtfo here Chase.  :shakesfist:
Haha. No crap. I moved all of my purchases to Sapphire for the quarter.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: September 27, 2021, 09:48:17 AM »
Mrs SF just got an 80k business Southwest offer. Is this more than normal. Prob going to get it and pair with a personal to continue the companion pass rotation. My round the last two years was  :Yuck: thanks to Covid.

I'm good to get this now right? My third statement should cut Jan 2022 so the points hit then and not 2021 unless i mess up, correct? i can never remember the timing here.

Also, Chase messed up my rebooking. They didn't ticket the new flights somehow. On my second 45m call as they are scrambling because i think the flight is full now.  :sdeek: I'm being very nice but  :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: September 27, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »

I'm good to get this now right? My third statement should cut Jan 2022 so the points hit then and not 2021 unless i mess up, correct? i can never remember the timing here.

Also, Chase messed up my rebooking. They didn't ticket the new flights somehow. On my second 45m call as they are scrambling because i think the flight is full now.  :sdeek: I'm being very nice but  :curse: :curse: :curse:

LOL. Got rebooked. "Uh, thank you for the long wait Mr. SF, I have you ticketed this time and I wanted to let you know that in doing so, the new flight was less expensive with a savings of $24.59 per ticket. However, airline policy is that any savings below $25 are forfeited". haha

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: September 29, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »
I'm considering doing this but I have to decide by tomorrow. Staying at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for a week in July and this status may pay off just for that. Combined with business travel probably picking up in 2022 for me this could be beneficial. Probably can squeeze in 5 or 6 nights in KC but the KC Hyatt options near my office are like staying in a dumpster behind a buffalo wild wings. so that's not great. probably get 4 nights in Wichita though over the holidays.

https://frequentmiler.com/easy-path-to-top-tier-hyatt-status/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: September 29, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »
I'm considering doing this but I have to decide by tomorrow. Staying at the Grand Hyatt Kauai for a week in July and this status may pay off just for that. Combined with business travel probably picking up in 2022 for me this could be beneficial. Probably can squeeze in 5 or 6 nights in KC but the KC Hyatt options near my office are like staying in a dumpster behind a buffalo wild wings. so that's not great. probably get 4 nights in Wichita though over the holidays.

https://frequentmiler.com/easy-path-to-top-tier-hyatt-status/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=twitter

Come stay at the fire new Hotel Kansas City hooked up to Hyatt.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: September 29, 2021, 05:42:02 PM »

It's like 25 miles from our OP office. not worth that pain.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: September 29, 2021, 05:46:44 PM »

It's like 25 miles from our OP office. not worth that pain.

It's not like we have traffic and then you'd be close to visiting Phil!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: September 29, 2021, 08:44:02 PM »

Whoa when did that happen? I go right by there all the time hadn't noticed

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: October 19, 2021, 02:46:42 PM »
SW now has like 3 different 100k pt cards out there. $12k in spend required but you'd be about all the way to the companion pass for two years if you time them right and get a card in like Dec. I'm going to do this for myself and my wife so we'll have two comp passes for our kids.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: October 22, 2021, 01:59:59 AM »
is citi premier the next closest thing to the csp?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: October 22, 2021, 06:13:13 AM »
I’d say third to Amex. But yeah.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: October 22, 2021, 09:43:46 AM »
SW now has like 3 different 100k pt cards out there. $12k in spend required but you'd be about all the way to the companion pass for two years if you time them right and get a card in like Dec. I'm going to do this for myself and my wife so we'll have two comp passes for our kids.

Saw this. So like, December 6th you apply and then hit 12k spend Jan the following year? Then get a business or whatever to hit the rest?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: October 22, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »

Saw this. So like, December 6th you apply and then hit 12k spend Jan the following year? Then get a business or whatever to hit the rest?

yeah, or just hit it on spend or flights. you only need 125k so spend 25k on it or fly some or whatever. but a business card would for sure work.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: October 22, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »

yeah, or just hit it on spend or flights. you only need 125k so spend 25k on it or fly some or whatever. but a business card would for sure work.

The timing is the thing i'm afraid i'll mess up on. Being a dumbass, I almost mess up the timing for a 3 month spend period. Trying to nail 12k over a year is something I'm sure I'll screw up and hit in November as opposed to January.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11370 on: October 22, 2021, 10:00:38 AM »

Ok I'm confused again. I reread the offer and you get 50k after the first 3 months and then an additional 50k if you hit 12k in spend for the year. If you apply in December, your first 50k will hit in March ish 2022. Then you can time the next 50k to hit in Jan the following year. Won't you then have to generate 75k more to get the companion pass since the first 50k hit in March 2022? I was thinking the 100k hit all at once and then you just had to get 25k more.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: October 22, 2021, 10:16:17 AM »

Ok I'm confused again. I reread the offer and you get 50k after the first 3 months and then an additional 50k if you hit 12k in spend for the year. If you apply in December, your first 50k will hit in March ish 2022. Then you can time the next 50k to hit in Jan the following year. Won't you then have to generate 75k more to get the companion pass since the first 50k hit in March 2022? I was thinking the 100k hit all at once and then you just had to get 25k more.

no, just spend an assload on it in january and let it all hit then and then find the other 12k pts somehow asap and you'll have a companion pass the entire rest of 2022 as well as all of 2023. not that complicated tbh.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: October 22, 2021, 10:20:31 AM »

no, just spend an assload on it in january and let it all hit then and then find the other 12k pts somehow asap and you'll have a companion pass the entire rest of 2022 as well as all of 2023. not that complicated tbh.

Gotcha. I was thinking you got the 100k at once so you did it over a year period so it all hit 2023. Gotcha, going to get in December and buy the crap out of stuff. Thanks

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: October 22, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »

Amex platinum? I’m just looking to spend a few grand, collect the bonus and run.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: October 22, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »

Amex platinum? I’m just looking to spend a few grand, collect the bonus and run.
Yeah, but not sure what their current bonuses are