Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 997677 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11325 on: September 09, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »
The only viable way is to book through the chase portal.

so I'm paying for it right? That is fine. The only reason I asked is because I thought I could move them to Avios or whatever. No flights show up when I look on BA, but they show up when I look on American. Thanks

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: September 09, 2021, 08:14:40 AM »
Nevermind, I see on the portal that I can use points too. I told you I was terrible at this. Thanks friend

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: September 09, 2021, 08:25:50 AM »
Nevermind, I see on the portal that I can use points too. I told you I was terrible at this. Thanks friend

you bet. you get a better return from using them if you have a chase reserve. I think like 1.5 cpm. it's not the absolute best redemption but I've done it out of convenience plenty of times.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: September 09, 2021, 08:30:05 AM »

you bet. you get a better return from using them if you have a chase reserve. I think like 1.5 cpm. it's not the absolute best redemption but I've done it out of convenience plenty of times.

I have the preferred which gives me a bit of a boost I think. Didn't you used to be able to transfer them to British and book there?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: September 09, 2021, 08:42:07 AM »
you can transfer Chase UR's to BA avios, and you can use avios to book an AA flight. here is a breakdown of how to do that:

https://awardwallet.com/blog/how-can-i-book-american-airlines-flights-with-british-airways-avios/

right now Chase is offering a 30% bonus in the transfer rate from UR's to avios. for example transferring 1000 UR's will get you 1300 avios.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: September 09, 2021, 08:53:02 AM »
you can transfer Chase UR's to BA avios, and you can use avios to book an AA flight. here is a breakdown of how to do that:

https://awardwallet.com/blog/how-can-i-book-american-airlines-flights-with-british-airways-avios/

right now Chase is offering a 30% bonus in the transfer rate from UR's to avios. for example transferring 1000 UR's will get you 1300 avios.

I saw the 30% so that is why I asked. I went to BA and looked for the same flights that show up on AA and they aren't there. I looked at both reward flights and cash flights.  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: September 09, 2021, 10:18:46 AM »
Booking AA on Avios is a nightmare. I’ve done it, but it sucks.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: September 09, 2021, 10:33:20 AM »
Booking AA on Avios is a nightmare. I’ve done it, but it sucks.

If its hard for you, i'm not even going to give it a second thought. Going to just go through the portal. Turks and Caicos here we come!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: September 10, 2021, 04:13:41 PM »
Holy crap I am so bad at this  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:.

I found my flights via the chase portal. They are American flights and it said in the thingy that I could choose my seats. I also selected the upgrade for like 8k points to include "cancellation". It didn't really give a definition for that, but I figured it was a good idea for various reasons. It probably wasn't, but I hate and am terrible at this so I did it and it was only 8k, I guess. It ended up being more points than it said plus $50....Fine, whatever, I just want this to be over. When I got it booked and saw my itinerary, it says I'm in the economy cabin and I don't see where I can go pick my seats. Isn't this the thing where they just put you wherever? Not going to work for a family trip. Any help/tips to make me feel better are appreciated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: September 10, 2021, 04:29:12 PM »
Keep a separate tab open with the AA site and the flight you’re trying to get and all the options you want and then try again through the portal knowing what you should be presented and selecting.

Or upon confirming there are indeed points flights available on aa, transfer points to avois and call a polite ba person and have them do it all.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: September 10, 2021, 04:32:29 PM »
Keep a separate tab open with the AA site and the flight you’re trying to get and all the options you want and then try again through the portal knowing what you should be presented and selecting.

Or upon confirming there are indeed points flights available on aa, transfer points to avois and call a polite ba person and have them do it all.

Thanks, I figured it out. Me hating something so much usually results in my own panic. I'm booked, it was a few more points than I thought/it said, plus they wanted $50. Its over and I don't have to deal with it again until the flight in May so.  :billdance:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: September 13, 2021, 09:15:57 PM »
i don't remember ever having to pay $50 for booking with chase points (and it was usually a better deal than using airline miles for economy tickets).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: September 13, 2021, 09:17:56 PM »
Newest member of the CSP 100K bonus club right here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: September 13, 2021, 09:29:52 PM »
Hell yeah

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: September 14, 2021, 08:46:47 AM »
i don't remember ever having to pay $50 for booking with chase points (and it was usually a better deal than using airline miles for economy tickets).

for some reason the number of points required was higher at payment time than the number next to the flight. It was because I was a bit short on points and instead of going back, transferring more points, and rebooking everything, I just paid the $50 to make it go away. All booked. I am a bit  :ohno: about a 35min flight change and connection in Charlotte though.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11340 on: September 15, 2021, 06:32:04 AM »
I'd be overly stressed on the inbound flight to Charlotte.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: September 15, 2021, 06:52:15 AM »
the thing about charlotte (tier IV airport on on a IV tier scale) is that you can get dropped on one end of some giant hallway and the only way to get to your gate at the other end of another giant hallway is just to haul ass. I've done a hung over fully suited jog a couple times. sucks bigtime.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: September 15, 2021, 07:05:51 AM »
best part of Charlotte is Bojangles!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11343 on: September 15, 2021, 07:09:40 AM »
the thing about charlotte (tier IV airport on on a IV tier scale) is that you can get dropped on one end of some giant hallway and the only way to get to your gate at the other end of another giant hallway is just to haul ass. I've done a hung over fully suited jog a couple times. sucks bigtime.
My longest jog was end-to-end through MSP. I was a sweaty mess.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: September 15, 2021, 08:16:16 AM »

yeah, i've done a Charlotte run and it wasn't great. I was by myself for work so I didn't care. This is vacation with the fam. How does this work? I booked via the Chase portal and that was a listed flight combo. It isn't like I picked it myself. Now I'm getting a bit nervous. Should I try and switch? Will they wait for us? Will my family enjoy a week in Charlotte as much as a week in Turks?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: September 15, 2021, 09:04:24 AM »
If they know you are on the ground they will hold the jet bridge for longer but not much longer for the actual bird

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: September 15, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »
Also unless you are delayed arriving you will be fine. Just annoyed.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: September 15, 2021, 09:12:44 AM »
i can’t help myself from strongly and negatively judging the last half dozen people on the airplane

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: September 15, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
Also unless you are delayed arriving you will be fine. Just annoyed.

yeah, this is my worry. Its like 36 minutes if my flight from KC to there is on time. I may look into switching.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: September 15, 2021, 10:05:06 AM »
I once had a 25 minute connection and was super nervous about it and I walked out of the plane ready to run and the next plane was the next gate over and they started boarding just as I walked the 10 feet there. Felt very efficient.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite