Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983085 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10900 on: September 27, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
Goddamn, AA charging for tranferring pts from me to wife or vice versa is maddening.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10901 on: September 27, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
Yeah dude, you can’t do that with almost any airline (BA will allow pooling of points amongst family members though). Some hotels allow it. The cost to transfer rarely makes it worth doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: September 27, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »
Goddamn, AA charging for tranferring pts from me to wife or vice versa is maddening.

Why would you even be doing this?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: September 27, 2019, 12:24:50 PM »

Why would you even be doing this?

Cuz im dumb. I only have 21k AA pts.

Edit: trying to get Winters a plane ticket. cancelling transfer. i think crisis gonna be avoided.

You dont get my 76 bucks AA!!

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: September 27, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »
Phew, cancelled that bs.

im just gonna book the flight from DEN to ICT one way w my pts.

Then book the one back from ICT to DEN one way w hers.

:thumbs:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10905 on: October 01, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »
Delta Amex upped the new member bonus for October.  Gold at 60k and platinum at 75k.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: October 02, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »
By Andrew McIntosh  – Staff Writer, Puget Sound Business Journal
3 hours ago
Alaska Airlines is overhauling and scaling back its partnership with American Airlines, saying it has outgrown its 20-year-old relationship with the Dallas-based carrier.

Effective March 1, 2020, Alaska Airlines mileage plan members will no longer be able to redeem miles for domestic or international flights on American Airlines, and they won't earn miles on international American flights any longer. Alaska customers can also still earn miles on some American domestic flights to a limited number of destinations under a revised code share agreement between the carriers, subject to government approval.

American Airlines AAdvantage mileage plan members will no longer be able to redeem their miles on Alaska Airlines flights after that date, according to Nat Pieper, Alaska Airlines' new senior vice president of fleet, finance and alliances.

"Like in life situations, airline partnerships only really work if both parties have objectives that are aligned," Pieper said. "You only have so much time and so many partners you can focus on. The utility we got from the American Airlines partnerships was low. "

Alaska Airlines contends the impact of its decision will be minimal: Only three percent of its mileage plan frequent flyer members earned or redeemed miles on American Airlines in the past year. Additionally, this will free up more reward flight seats on Alaska flights for its own mileage plan members.

Pieper said that when Alaska first cemented its partnership with American two decades ago, it was a much smaller regional airline that carried 18 million passengers a year.

After Alaska Air Group's $2.6 billion takeover of Virgin America, Alaska became the nation's fifth largest carrier, and it flew 46 million passengers in 2018.

The SeaTac-based airline emphasized that over the past four months, it's added key partnerships with two foreign airlines, including Aer Lingus of Ireland and El Al Airways of Israel. They joined six other foreign partners Alaska has struck deals with since 2015, giving Alaska 16 foreign airliner partners from Europe, Scandinavia, the Middle East and Asia

Mileage plan members with frequent flyer status won't see as many changes, Pieper said. Alaska lounge members can still access more than 50 American Airlines Admiral Club lounges around the world when flying either an Alaska or American flight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: October 02, 2019, 01:44:14 PM »
I can confirm that this does, in fact, suck crap

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: October 14, 2019, 10:56:11 AM »
Airport lounge pak'n in both airports via CSR, hoping there's a 9am KSU game that Saturday going up and will house tons of free booze for 3 hours before boarding.

:emawkid:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: October 14, 2019, 12:36:14 PM »
United completely exploded MileagePlus right after I get Premier Gold. :blank:

https://onemileatatime.com/united-airlines-status-changes/

I think I would still get gold this year but it would be closer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: October 14, 2019, 03:32:46 PM »
Hyatt is the only program I know of that has never significantly devalued the stuff. It’s coming probably but I’ll stan for them forever for how long they have held out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: October 19, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »
starting on 2020/21 companion pass x 2. sw just changed the policy to require 125k a year instead of 110k. not a big deal, especially with the bigger sign up bonuses. Can't believe they still allow this.

Plan:
-Mrs dave has 70k biz card coming. Complete the $5k spend in Jan so it posts then
-I'm over 5/24 until late Nov when I have 2 falling off. Get the same biz card for myself in early Dec
-Get her and myself personal cards around March (exact date tbd as I have to make sure we haven't gotten the bonus in the last 24 months and it would have been right around this date).

Should have 2020/2021 companion passes by around April or May. Going to keep kicking the can a little further down the year because of the 24 month bonus requirement which stinks. But, I doubt the companion pass is still this easy to obtain come 2022 anyway so not going to stress on that. Do need to rush a bit as we have some travel in May that I want to use these on. Will book the kids on points and then cancel them getting the points back and adding them as companions.

Still the best deal in travel for families. My kids probably have 20+ flights between them over the last 2 years absolutely free and will do that again over the next two.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: October 19, 2019, 11:11:32 AM »
And that’s not including the value from the 250k’ish SW miles.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: October 26, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »
EASY $200 ALERT

Here's the deal. It's a free money generator with very little work required.

Hit this link:
https://www.sofi.com/share/money/2733207/

You will see that I've shared a link for you to get $50 if you fund a new SoFi account with $100. It's free. It's an online checking account with no fees and no ATM fees and actually gets 1.8% apy.

Once you've done that download the app. You will see your own link to refer someone else.

If they sign up and fund with $100 you BOTH get paid. So use the above link, fund with $100, tell your wife/gf/buds to do it, you will both get $. At this point you and your wife/gf are up $200.

You can do this like a shitload and go buy a $10k TV or something. Worst case you've spent 15 minutes funding the account from your checking account and you're up $200 and can quit there.

Here is what the boarding area lady says:

This is a great way to get some money back into your pocket simply by signing up for a debit card account. Unlike credit card welcome offers, there is no minimum amount of spend needed, no hard inquiry, no wondering whether or not you are going to get approved, etc.

Right off the bat, you’ll receive $50 and then let’s say you refer your significant, combined you both will receive $200 total ($50 per sign up and then another $100 for referring the other). Then let’s say you continue to refer some friends or family members, that could get you an extra few hundred bucks pretty quickly. Of course if you have many many friends and continue to share your referral link, that could bring in some real cash.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: October 26, 2019, 12:44:24 PM »
Helluva deal. I might make you $100 this afternoon.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: October 26, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
i have too many checking accounts already.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: October 26, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Helluva deal. I might make you $100 this afternoon.

Thanks Pal

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: October 26, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
Thank you for reminding me that I opened up a Charles Schwab checking account for international travel that I haven't thought about in over a year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: October 26, 2019, 02:47:46 PM »
I opened up a Charles Schwab checking account for international travel.

schwab a great checking account.  the sofi deal sounds great too (1.8%!), but i'm a lot better at opening these rough ridin' things than i am at closing them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: October 28, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
Thank you for reminding me that I opened up a Charles Schwab checking account for international travel that I haven't thought about in over a year.

why do you need a special checking account for international travel

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10920 on: October 28, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

Schwab doesn't have international transaction fees

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: October 28, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »

Schwab doesn't have international transaction fees

neither do like a billion credit cards

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: October 28, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »
I used my credit card for most things, but the Schwab debit card was for getting cash without transaction fees.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: October 28, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
I used my credit card for most things, but the Schwab debit card was for getting cash without transaction fees.

hmm I've never had that issue either. Like it's more difficult to find an ATM w/o fees in the US :dunno:

except one time I mumped up and did the withdrawal in dollars instead of euros and got a really shitty exchange rate and hated myself for a couple of days

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: October 28, 2019, 08:28:31 PM »
it's a pretty useful feature, michigancat.