Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005561 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8725 on: March 16, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
Got it. Thanks SD.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: March 16, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »
this is a IRL convo j-dub and i had last week:

j-dub: i'm trying to plan our honeymoon. mocat where did you go for your honeymoon?

mocat: the credit card thread

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: March 16, 2016, 10:34:01 AM »
Just tried and my referral window must've closed yesterday after doing metalhead's.  :frown:

If anyone else can currently do Ink referrals, post here so IPA4ME can get his Ink through you.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: March 16, 2016, 12:28:25 PM »
Just tried and my referral window must've closed yesterday after doing metalhead's.  :frown:

If anyone else can currently do Ink referrals, post here so IPA4ME can get his Ink through you.

I don't think it even worked for me. I just checked all of my inboxes (even my spam folder) and didn't find anything.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: March 16, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »

I don't think it even worked for me. I just checked all of my inboxes (even my spam folder) and didn't find anything.

It said it would take up to 7 days.  The whole process they've implemented now that prevents us from just sending each other links really sucks.

It's like Chase reads this thread and keeps coming up with ways to eff us from rough ridin' them.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8730 on: March 16, 2016, 02:27:45 PM »

Thanks Trim. If anyone wants some points, drop me a PM. I need to move on the Ink soon.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: March 16, 2016, 05:06:53 PM »
has anyone booked travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site?  they claim 20% discount but it doesn't seem any cheaper than booking through a travel site.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: March 16, 2016, 05:10:04 PM »
has anyone booked travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site?  they claim 20% discount but it doesn't seem any cheaper than booking through a travel site.
I did but got in trouble.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: March 16, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »

i've booked with ur points, if that's what you mean.  i haven't used it to book travel using dollars.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: March 16, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »

i've booked with ur points, if that's what you mean.  i haven't used it to book travel using dollars.

same

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: March 16, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »
ok i get it.  there's no discount when you book flights through their portal unless you use points.

MCI - MAD round-trip business class through UR portal:  $3,425 or 274,000 pts on american ($2,740 worth of points)
MCI - MAD round-trip business class through Orbitz:  $3,424 = 342,500 points @ .01 pt per dollar

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: March 16, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »
so at this rate it's going to take me several years to go anywhere overseas 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: March 16, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »
ok i get it.  there's no discount when you book flights through their portal unless you use points.

MCI - MAD round-trip business class through UR portal:  $3,425 or 274,000 pts on american ($2,740 worth of points)
MCI - MAD round-trip business class through Orbitz:  $3,424 = 342,500 points @ .01 pt per dollar

get the chase ink + Freedom + United 50k and you'll at least be close (if not there) on United

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: March 16, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
the ink declined me a while back, i read that they're making it hard to get their business cards?   :dunno:  but then the spg 35k offer came along so i signed up for that which should be here this week, have to grind out that $3k in spend and then i'll grab the freedom.  tia for the idea, i am still new to this.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: March 16, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »
Excellent advice by the WackMan as always, but I was actually able to find a pretty convoluted route there using American, BA, and Alaska flights.

To Hawaii: Home airport --> LAS on SW, LAS --> BEL --> HNL on AA/Alaska
From Hawaii: HNL --> PHX on BA, PHX --> Home airport on SW

It's a crappy route, but was the best option given the amount of notice we had. (SD confirmed.) At least I'll get to check out the Centurion Lounge in LAS.

Anyone have a lowdown on how to use Avios/Alaska/American to get to Honolulu over Memorial Day weekend without spending a kablillion miles? Have to go to over this weekend to get to a 'Cat fan's wedding (cc: @Kat Kid).

Trying to figure it out myself has been a bear of a time. All pro tips appreciated.
Wondermeal, It's not going to happen. Nice effort tho.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: March 17, 2016, 08:28:35 AM »

It's not a good value to book with the actual points through their site. Transfer them to United or one of their other carriers that fly internationally and book with those carriers. It's not as easy though as you have to find award availability. But, you can make those same routes at 50k-100k UR points each way in biz class v. the hundreds of thousands of UR points you get booking that way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: March 17, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »
and don't transfer them to United or whoever until you've found their award availability you want. then transfer them and book it. If you need help hit me up with what you want to do and I'll do some digging. If you want to travel during peak times or on short notice you will have a more difficult time or it may cost more points. If you can plan a trip for 10+ months out you can do most routes and get good value.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: March 17, 2016, 08:30:56 AM »
I did but got in trouble.

:lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: March 17, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
this may sound insane, but it appears delta has increased the value of skymiles. i just looked at a domestic multi-stop itinerary:

mci-sfo
sfo-lax
lax-mci

it was $592, or 23,500 skymiles  :Wha:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: March 17, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
this may sound insane, but it appears delta has increased the value of skymiles. i just looked at a domestic multi-stop itinerary:

mci-sfo
sfo-lax
lax-mci

it was $592, or 23,500 skymiles  :Wha:

they haven't increased them but they aren't tied to ticket cost like SW.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8745 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
if you booked them each as one-ways, it was 9k, 5.5k, and 9k. i thought the minimum was 12.5k

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: March 17, 2016, 08:44:27 AM »
i also found out i can go to hawaii on AA for 35k RT  :eek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: March 17, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
if you booked them each as one-ways, it was 9k, 5.5k, and 9k. i thought the minimum was 12.5k

nah

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »
and don't transfer them to United or whoever until you've found their award availability you want. then transfer them and book it. If you need help hit me up with what you want to do and I'll do some digging. If you want to travel during peak times or on short notice you will have a more difficult time or it may cost more points. If you can plan a trip for 10+ months out you can do most routes and get good value.

thanks

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: March 17, 2016, 10:50:50 AM »
so at this rate it's going to take me several years to go anywhere overseas

If you get the British Airways card, then it will take you like a month to go somewhere overseas.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang