Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003206 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8675 on: February 23, 2016, 04:04:07 PM »
steve dave just look at this thing. are we talking a regular hyatt or a hyatt regency or what? how does hyatt decide how to brand their properties?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: February 24, 2016, 03:51:02 PM »
steve dave just look at this thing. are we talking a regular hyatt or a hyatt regency or what? how does hyatt decide how to brand their properties?

hot piece of ass

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8677 on: February 24, 2016, 04:22:40 PM »
Where is that beauty?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: February 24, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »
it's in pissclams' mind's eye

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: February 24, 2016, 05:14:40 PM »
it's in pissclams' bloodshot mind's eye

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: February 28, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »
so apparently the freedom is going to suck crap soon

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/02/28/chase-freedom-changes/?_ga=1.234090206.1925839842.1454333828

good news is that for now current freedom holders will be grandfathered in with the 5x bonus categories. If you want a referal for the current Freedom PM me your fist name and email address and I'll have an invite sent to you. It takes a little time for chase to send it to you but you'll get an email this week that your good bud just sent you an invite.  :fatty:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: February 28, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »
chase must have gotten tired of kicking all the other banks' asses and decided it'd be better to be giant fuckfaces the same as everyone else.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: March 03, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »
SPG 35k Amex now available. Highest bonus ever. Unfortunately if you've ever had the personal or business in your life you can't get the bonus again. If someone wants a SPG Biz referral let me know. Just need a PM wit your first name and email addy  :fatty:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: March 03, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »
SPG 35k Amex now available. Highest bonus ever. Unfortunately if you've ever had the personal or business in your life you can't get the bonus again. If someone wants a SPG Biz referral let me know. Just need a PM wit your first name and email addy  :fatty:
I've you've received the personal bonus (I did 4 years ago), can I get the biz bonus? Spend req?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:08 AM »
I've you've received the personal bonus (I did 4 years ago), can I get the biz bonus? Spend req?

Yes! $3k in 3 months for personal. $5k in 3 months for biz.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8685 on: March 03, 2016, 11:54:10 AM »
Unfortunately if you've ever had the personal or business in your life you can't get the bonus again.

How well is this being enforced?  It's always felt to me like credit card companies are kind of lax on that stuff.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: March 03, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »
Unfortunately if you've ever had the personal or business in your life you can't get the bonus again.

How well is this being enforced?  It's always felt to me like credit card companies are kind of lax on that stuff.

unfortunately pretty well. you can do the online chat with them and ask them which cards you've had in your lifetime. mine looked like:

spg amex
spg amex
spg amex
spg biz amex
spg biz amex
spg biz amex
delta amex
delta biz amex
delta biz amex
delta biz amex
amex gold
amex biz gold
amex plat
amex biz plat

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
:lol:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: March 03, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
So when you sign up for the card after already having received the bonus, does it immediately say "nope" or do you get the card and find out later or something?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
So when you sign up for the card after already having received the bonus, does it immediately say "nope" or do you get the card and find out later or something?

they'll give you the card as often as you want it, you just don't get the bonus.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: March 03, 2016, 12:53:12 PM »
Also SPG is going away in probably around a year so this is a good oppy to get them while you can. hopefully you can spend them before they transfer OR Marriott transfers them at some awesome ratio like 1:3 or something.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: March 03, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
I'm out of the game until I can get a new sapphire in few months, but had been hoping to hit spg one last time around september when they've done 30K.  Maybe they'll get nostalgic and allow us past bonus-get'rs to eff them one last time before the whole thing goes away.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: March 03, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »
man, that would be sweet

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: March 03, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »

they'll give you the card as often as you want it, you just don't get the bonus.

Right - I guess what i'm asking is, do they warn you about the no bonus thing? I wouldn't want to get a card that has no bonus attached to it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: March 03, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »

Right - I guess what i'm asking is, do they warn you about the no bonus thing? I wouldn't want to get a card that has no bonus attached to it.

no, it just never shows up. and then you get super pissed off. you can do the online chat thing with them to find out though. login to your amex account. hit the help button in the upper right. tell them to give you a list of all the cards you've had in your lifetime. they give you the list.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: March 08, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
Anyone been doing this since I posted it?

Just got the World Elite card in the mail to replace my World card that was originally issued 2 months ago.  Went back to the link and some comments say that applications after Feb 10th are getting a letter with the new card they applied for said the bonus wouldn't apply since they already have a card open w/ the offer.
 :Wha:

Sucks if this dream has come to an end.

Anyone with the Citi AA card tried this?  http://loopholetravel.com/2015/08/24/new-citi-loophole-how-to-break-the-18-month-rule/

I took a shot at it.  After reading the article, I could tell it probably would work for me.  They didn't auto-approve me, but called me for like 3 days straight.  I never answered (usually called when I was at work, and when the other times, I just didn't feel like talking to a credit card customer service rep).  Well, after ignoring them and giving them the silent treatment, I get an approval email.  Lolol... We'll see how many times I can get away with it.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: March 09, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
can I sign up for a CSP under my wife's name and get the bonus if she's been on my CSP account as an authorized user but otherwise never had the card?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: March 09, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »
can I sign up for a CSP under my wife's name and get the bonus if she's been on my CSP account as an authorized user but otherwise never had the card?

Yes, as long as she meets the under 5 in 2 years rule.....and cards that she is an authorized user on count in that.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: March 11, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »

Yes, as long as she meets the under 5 in 2 years rule.....and cards that she is an authorized user on count in that.

I think she does.  the 50k signup bonus says for "new customers".  i'm assuming she would be considered new since her name is on the application, even though she currently uses the sapphire as an authorized user on my account correct?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: March 11, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »

I think she does.  the 50k signup bonus says for "new customers".  i'm assuming she would be considered new since her name is on the application, even though she currently uses the sapphire as an authorized user on my account correct?

Yes, when I got the CSP I had already been a user on Gooch's CSP. That was before the new 5/2 rule went into effect but I don't believe that affects the question you are asking.