Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005948 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8000 on: November 07, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »
Hmmmm, doubtful on mexico

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8001 on: November 07, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »
United would be your best bet for a euro stopover. You'll have to work their booking system over to find a RT flight and availability on the second segment of the London to wherever flight available at a later date. Then call them and make them book it. Here are their terms.

A stopover is permitted on roundtrip award travel only. One stopover is permitted, unless otherwise noted. Additional mileage may be required for stopovers within the continental U.S., Alaska, and Canada. Multi-city searches produce flight options with prorated mileage amounts that may differ from the published award price. Mileage amounts displayed during multi-city searches should not be interpreted as applicable to standalone one-way or roundtrip award prices. Please note that the total mileage amount for a multi-city itinerary will be accurate even if each segment is assigned a mileage amount not found on the award charts.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: November 07, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
Can I transfer Chase IHG rewards MC points to my CSP (once they're earned)?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: November 07, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
lol no

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: November 11, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
@steve dave, thinking about taking the fam to Disney World (the one in Orlando?) next year some time.  since you've been there a lot, what cards do I need to get for elite accomodations for lodging and where are the best places to stay with said points?  best times to go?  thanks in advance for all pro tips.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: November 11, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
got my freedom card.  do i need to enroll in anything or do i just start accruing UR points immediately

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: November 11, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »
@meowmeow-he's going to tell you to get spg cards and stay at swan or dolphin and to go when school is in session. NEXT!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: November 11, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »
got my freedom card.  do i need to enroll in anything or do i just start accruing UR points immediately

you need to activity it each quarter to get 5x points at whatever category that quarter is.  this quarter is Amazon.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: November 11, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
@meowmeow-he's going to tell you to get spg cards and stay at swan or dolphin and to go when school is in session. NEXT!

thanks, but I need to hear it from him

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: November 11, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »

just google how to activate the chase freedom 5x bonus. Need to do it every quarter.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »
to be clear, this is the 5% cash back activation?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: November 11, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »
to be clear, this is the 5% cash back activation?

yes, you don't need to do anything for the 1% on everything else.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
TY.  Rusty and Meow^2

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: November 11, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
And I know steve dave explained this, but be absolutely sure that you don't do anything with the points until you get a Sapphire Preferred. Don't do cash back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: November 11, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »

And I know steve dave explained this, but be absolutely sure that you don't do anything with the points until you get a Sapphire Preferred. Don't do cash back.

Correct

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: November 11, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »
Got it.  Just wanted to be sure I was activating the right thing. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: November 11, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
i bought a chair from pottery barn via shop through chase with csp which should have been 2 x 1 but it only showed up as 1 x 1.
i called and the lady added on my bonus UR points with no problems.  anyone else ever not get the bonus points?  she said it happens from time to time.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: November 11, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »
i bought a chair from pottery barn via shop through chase with csp which should have been 2 x 1 but it only showed up as 1 x 1.
i called and the lady added on my bonus UR points with no problems.  anyone else ever not get the bonus points?  she said it happens from time to time.

yes, they are pretty inconsistent across the board. my problem is I never pay attention if they actually showed up or not unless it's a large purchase.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: November 11, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »

do that as your first thing. you'll need 40k SPG points for a regular room for 5 nights. But, if you're travelling with a kid you'll need $40k plus $200 a night for a suite. Or, you can call and hassle them to let you book the entire thing for 80k points. Add 10k for each additional night (plus $200 if you get a suite). Airline depends on where you're flying from and what points you already have. Right now is a good time of the year to think about getting a SW companion pass for most of 2016 and all of 2017.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: November 11, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »
Funny you should say that, steve, because I just got off the phone with the Chase reconsideration line and am now waiting on two shiny new SW cards to arrive in the mail. Will certainly wait until 1/1/16 to meet the spend.

I'm sad that Chase isn't the UR/SW spigot that it used to be. I was frustrated by having to call, but free plane tickets for two years outweighs that, I guess.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:35 PM »
booking this rough ridin' trip is hard.  and there's even tons of availability, but it's still a horrible process.  booking is the seamy underbelly of the points and miles scam.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: November 11, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »

do that as your first thing. you'll need 40k SPG points for a regular room for 5 nights. But, if you're travelling with a kid you'll need $40k plus $200 a night for a suite. Or, you can call and hassle them to let you book the entire thing for 80k points. Add 10k for each additional night (plus $200 if you get a suite). Airline depends on where you're flying from and what points you already have. Right now is a good time of the year to think about getting a SW companion pass for most of 2016 and all of 2017.

It is going to cost meow meow over $40,000 to stay at Disney with his kid? Not worth it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »
Funny you should say that, steve, because I just got off the phone with the Chase reconsideration line and am now waiting on two shiny new SW cards to arrive in the mail. Will certainly wait until 1/1/16 to meet the spend.

I'm sad that Chase isn't the UR/SW spigot that it used to be. I was frustrated by having to call, but free plane tickets for two years outweighs that, I guess.
i thought that the companion pass only lasts one year?
as i understand it, they don't allow you to use sign up points towards the 100k, so without spending $100k, what's the quickest/easiest way to get one?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: November 11, 2015, 01:11:19 PM »
i thought that the companion pass only lasts one year?
as i understand it, they don't allow you to use sign up points towards the 100k, so without spending $100k, what's the quickest/easiest way to get one?

it lasts for the end of the calendar year in which you earn 100k points, plus one full year.

they absolutely let you use sign up points to get to 100k.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: November 11, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
A Member who earns 110,000 Companion Pass Qualifying Points through Rapid Rewards Partners or who flies 100 qualifying one-way flights booked through Southwest Airlines per calendar year will qualify for a Companion Pass.  “Companion Pass Qualifying Points” are earned from your revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines, your points earned on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and your base points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners.  Points purchased for personal use or as a gift, transferred points, points earned from program enrollment, Tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and Partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass Qualifying Points.

dunno