Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002174 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7200 on: June 16, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
i have the SW RR premier card. i see the SW RR Plus 50k offer. do i need to cancel the premier first, or does it matter?

iirc, you can get both personal cards and both business cards.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: June 16, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
Chase 22,500 point Freedom offer is back. 20k UR points for spending $500 and 2,500 for adding an authorized user. Here is my referral link. KSU-W, if you haven't signed up for the Freedom already this is a better deal.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDXS&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1514796484

@spracne

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: June 16, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
So the Chase Freedom link says you'll get $200, will that just show up as 20k points once you spend the $500 minimum since i'd obviously want those instead of the $$?  And then you can transfer those points to a CSP account in online banking i'd assume?

yeah. once you get to your chase portal you can click on your freedom card and its points and there is a transfer points thing in there to transfer to CSP.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: June 16, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »
So the Chase Freedom link says you'll get $200, will that just show up as 20k points once you spend the $500 minimum since i'd obviously want those instead of the $$?  And then you can transfer those points to a CSP account in online banking i'd assume?

yeah. once you get to your chase portal you can click on your freedom card and its points and there is a transfer points thing in there to transfer to CSP.

Do you have to do it pretty quick before they assume you want a cash credit against your bill, or do they sit there as transferable points until you direct them?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:04:51 PM by Trim »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: June 16, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »

Do you have to do it pretty quick before they assume you want a cash credit against your bill, or do they sit there as transferable points until you direct them?

they sit as long as you want

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: June 16, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
You sure that isn't a US to AA consolidation problem?

nah her USAir/AA accounts were merged fine and were under the correct name but when she did the credit card, the account was missing the hyphen even though that's how I typed her name in.  that caused AA to reject the points because the name was "wrong" (which is also pretty stupid of AA, to be fair).  their system apparently doesn't support hyphens, according to what their rep told us.
emaw

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: June 16, 2015, 10:37:17 PM »
my SSN starts with a zero and it's pretty depressing how many sites & systems don't handle it properly

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »
my SSN starts with a zero and it's pretty depressing how many sites & systems don't handle it properly

my first and last name are a combined 20 letters so part of my name is always getting cut off on credit cards and loyalty cards and stuff.  on standardized tests in school I would always run out of boxes.  my wife now has the same problem with her hyphenated name, most notably on her paychecks from work that go into our account with the memo "LONGLAST-NAMEWOW, AMAN" (her name is Amanda)
emaw

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:24 AM »
That's crazy

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: June 17, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »

You must be really old to get a SSN that low.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: June 17, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
Hyatt sent me 8,000 points because the Executive Suite I stayed in at the St. Louis Regency at the Arch had some serious problems (no outlets on one side of the bed, one of the side tables was damaged significantly, the bathroom door was not capable of shutting and had lots of damage from people trying to force it shut, on demand movies didn't work the first night, the second night when we got it to work it was literally worse quality than any VHS movie I've ever watched, and housekeeping never came the entire time even though we only had the do not disturb sign up for an hour our entire stay and that was in the very late afternoon). I used my "free night at any property" nights. Should I ask for them to credit me back one of those instead of the 8,000 points? Does anyone know if there's any precedent for that?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »
Hyatt sent me 8,000 points because the Executive Suite I stayed in at the St. Louis Regency at the Arch had some serious problems (no outlets on one side of the bed, one of the side tables was damaged significantly, the bathroom door was not capable of shutting and had lots of damage from people trying to force it shut, on demand movies didn't work the first night, the second night when we got it to work it was literally worse quality than any VHS movie I've ever watched, and housekeeping never came the entire time even though we only had the do not disturb sign up for an hour our entire stay and that was in the very late afternoon). I used my "free night at any property" nights. Should I ask for them to credit me back one of those instead of the 8,000 points? Does anyone know if there's any precedent for that?

How many points does it usually take to get a night? (I know it depends on property but to get a general idea of how much those 8,000 points are worth.)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

How many points does it usually take to get a night? (I know it depends on property but to get a general idea of how much those 8,000 points are worth.)

8,000 points for a night at a category 2 hotel. The categories go up to 7 though, and those bad boys cost 30,000 per night. My choices will be relatively limited with 8,000 points.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: June 17, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »

8,000 points for a night at a category 2 hotel. The categories go up to 7 though, and those bad boys cost 30,000 per night. My choices will be relatively limited with 8,000 points.

You should try to get a free night or at least enough points to equal a night at the one you were staying at.*

*I'm not a credit card/points expert like SD.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:29:51 AM by Mrs. Gooch »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: June 17, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »

You should try to get a free night or at least enough points to equal a night at the one you were staying at.*

*I'm not a credit card/points expert like SD.

Even so, I appreciate the advice.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7215 on: June 17, 2015, 01:08:32 PM »
you should give the 8,000 points back because you got what you deserved for using your Hyatt card free nights at a $150/nt hotel in rough ridin' St Louis and you aren't owed anything at all
emaw

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: June 17, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
you should give the 8,000 points back because you got what you deserved for using your Hyatt card free nights at a $150/nt hotel in rough ridin' St Louis and you aren't owed anything at all

yes, good grief

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: June 17, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
All of our other travel over the next year is out of the country where there aren't any Hyatts, or in towns with category two being the highest category Hyatt hotel (no time or extra scrilla to plan any other getaways). So, I'm actually not a total rough ridin' idiot as suggested. Was just trying to figure out if free nights lasted longer than a year if they were comped, so that next year I might be able to use it on top of my annual free night. Thanks for being completely and totally unhelpful though  :thumbsup:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: June 17, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
so you did a bad job planning your card applications, still not Hyatts fault
emaw

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: June 17, 2015, 05:33:28 PM »
it's worth planning a vacation around free Hyatt nights IMO

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: June 17, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »

That's good advice for the future, thanks michcat.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: June 17, 2015, 08:07:46 PM »

I better start planning to use those Hyatt nights I am about to get. Where should I go to get the maximum enjoyment from the 2 free nights?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: June 17, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »

I better start planning to use those Hyatt nights I am about to get. Where should I go to get the maximum enjoyment from the 2 free nights?
kauai or Cancun. Combine it with Mr's and some points and make it a little longer.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: June 17, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »
that Kauai Grand Hyatt is just so, so great

if you have status with anyone Hyatt will match it FYI. used my Marriott status to get us a nice upgrade
emaw

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: June 18, 2015, 08:37:51 AM »

kauai or Cancun. Combine it with Mr's and some points and make it a little longer.

Hmmm. We already have a beach vaca planned for November. Gooch is going to have to get a bunch more airline miles for us to go on another beach vaca this year (because I don't like to go on beach vacations during the summer).