Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004275 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7125 on: May 26, 2015, 02:51:28 PM »
So, a little late in the year to extract max value, but decided to try and get the Companion Pass anyway. Got both personal cards, but need to make up the slack. Obv will get 6,000 with the spend required for the bonus, but what is the best way to grab the last 4k? Send UR points to Southwest via Hyatt Gold? Purchase Mariott points and transfer them to SW? Trying to get the best bang for the buck.

buy a really expensive fully refundable SW ticket(s) for like 120 days from now, get the points to credit, get comp. pass, cancel the ticket. this is maybe not ethical. check with trim.

Isn't that basically what that guy did who got arrested?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: May 26, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »
So, a little late in the year to extract max value, but decided to try and get the Companion Pass anyway. Got both personal cards, but need to make up the slack. Obv will get 6,000 with the spend required for the bonus, but what is the best way to grab the last 4k? Send UR points to Southwest via Hyatt Gold? Purchase Mariott points and transfer them to SW? Trying to get the best bang for the buck.

buy a really expensive fully refundable SW ticket(s) for like 120 days from now, get the points to credit, get comp. pass, cancel the ticket. this is maybe not ethical. check with trim.

the key here is you need to fully expect to take that/those flights. BUT THEN DON'T.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: May 26, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »

the key here is you need to fully expect to take that/those flights. BUT THEN DON'T.

Approved.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: May 26, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
Just had some unexpected expenses come up and I'd like to spread them out over about a year on a 0% APR card.

I picked the Chase Freedom card. 0% APR for 15 months, no annual fee, $100 activation bonus, another $25 bonus for first authorized user, 1% cash back on all purchases, and 5% cash back on quarterly rolling categories.

Seemed llike the best combination of no interest, cash back, and activation bonuses. Thoughts?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: May 26, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »
Just had some unexpected expenses come up and I'd like to spread them out over about a year on a 0% APR card.

I picked the Chase Freedom card. 0% APR for 15 months, no annual fee, $100 activation bonus, another $25 bonus for first authorized user, 1% cash back on all purchases, and 5% cash back on quarterly rolling categories.

Seemed llike the best combination of no interest, cash back, and activation bonuses. Thoughts?

It's a good card. They periodically have a 20k bonus ($200) but not right now. You should get a Chase Sapphire Preferred or a Chase Ink business card to go with it though. Those points with the Freedom are only worth 1 cent a piece but when you have an Ink or Sapphire you can transfer the Freedom UR points to the Ink or Sapphire and then use them for much more valuable stuff. Like transferring to Hyatt, United, Southwest, etc. or even just booking travel for 1.25 cents per point (I would never do this because you can easily get 2+ cents per point by transferring to the partners but just wanted to use it as an example of ways to get more value). Also, you can get 40k points from signing up and meeting spend on the Sapphire or 60k with the Ink. Here is my Sapphire referral link if you want it. I can also get you an Ink one if you want a business card. I have all three.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FCCP&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1495044615

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: May 26, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

Approved.

:thumbsup:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: May 26, 2015, 08:43:03 PM »
it is not ethical.  very surprised at trim getting one wrong.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: May 27, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
Aer Lingus joining Oneworld. will add another non-Heathrow trans atlantic option.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: May 29, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »
i have the SW premier card (about to cancel it). trying to get the companion pass. does anybody have a referral link for the other one? i can't find it. maybe it's gone?  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: May 29, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
i have the SW premier card (about to cancel it). trying to get the companion pass. does anybody have a referral link for the other one? i can't find it. maybe it's gone?  :frown:

I just have one for the Premier

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: June 02, 2015, 02:59:28 PM »
Chase 22,500 point Freedom offer is back. 20k UR points for spending $500 and 2,500 for adding an authorized user. Here is my referral link. KSU-W, if you haven't signed up for the Freedom already this is a better deal.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDXS&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1514796484

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: June 02, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »
Chase 22,500 point Freedom offer is back. 20k UR points for spending $500 and 2,500 for adding an authorized user. Here is my referral link. KSU-W, if you haven't signed up for the Freedom already this is a better deal.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDXS&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1514796484

:AA:

michigan, get your link up.  i may actually use it this time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: June 02, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »

:AA:

michigan, get your link up.  i may actually use it this time.

no problem, here you go, sys (friend)

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDXS&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1444196666

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: June 02, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
Oh, snap!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »
60,000 miles offer is out for the Delta Platinum. min spend is $2k in 3 months. $195 annual fee is not waived, but you do get a $100 statement credit with first purchase.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/mobile/credit-cards/platinum-delta-skymiles-card/39002?linknav=us-ccsg-prospectrwd-compareResults-learn-top-PlatinumDelta

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7140 on: June 03, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
60,000 miles offer is out for the Delta Platinum. min spend is $2k in 3 months. $195 annual fee is not waived, but you do get a $100 statement credit with first purchase.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/mobile/credit-cards/platinum-delta-skymiles-card/39002?linknav=us-ccsg-prospectrwd-compareResults-learn-top-PlatinumDelta

That's pretty decent. especially if you are going to be close on qualifying for status.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: June 03, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »
Delta credit card miles count toward status?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:53 PM »
Earn 10,000 MQMs and 60,000 Bonus Miles
a welcome bonus offer from American Express

Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: June 03, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »
yeah i didn't mention it but the 10,000 MQM's are nice if you fly delta ever. that's almost halfway to silver status

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: June 03, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »

That's pretty decent. especially if you are going to be close on qualifying for status.

MQD's tho

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: June 03, 2015, 03:18:25 PM »

MQD's tho

MQDs have never been the problem for me. You flying to Alaska it's probably opposite though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:39 AM »
Pretty amazing Hyatt card offer.

The usual 2 free rooms at any hotel, PLUS $50 statement credit after first use, PLUS 5k Hyatt points after you add an authorized user and they use the card once, annual fee waived the first year, spend is only $1k. You can get it if you haven't gotten a Hyatt card sign up bonus in the last 24 months. I'll be getting this one.

https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt50

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: June 04, 2015, 11:32:31 AM »
approved. thank you for all you do, steve dave.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: June 04, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »
approved. thank you for all you do, steve dave.

you are welcome friend

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile